Chapter 4

Unexpected

Namjoon walked out of the cafe, carefully holding a brown paper bag in his hands. He stopped in the middle of the foyer, unsure of what to do. Stay in the building and stay warm, but feel like a piece of gum someone accidentally stepped on and trailed inside? Or go outside in the teeth-chattering temperatures but be at ease?

Namjoon entered the revolving doors and was immediately blasted in the face by an icy-cold slap of wind. He speedily whirled back into the foyer.

…Maybe I should stay inside.
___________________________________________________

Seokjin moved to a table by the floor to ceiling window overlooking a busy street with a park on the other side, where Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok were seated. Jimin and Taehyung seemed to be animatedly bickering over the best flavours of ice cream, while Hoseok laughed and stole sips of their drinks when they were distracted enough. Seokjin grinned and pulled out a seat Hoseok had kicked his feet up on so other people wouldn’t take it. “Hey, guys.”

Jimin immediately turned to Seokjin and whined, “Seokjin! Tae thinks that mint and chocolate chip is the best type, but chocolate is the best! Which flavour is better?”

Seokjin answered with a laugh. “You’re both wrong. Strawberry is the best, and it’s pink as well.”

Hoseok butted in at that moment. “I’m gonna have to disagree with you there, Jin- vanilla is better than all of them!”

Taehyung pouted and smacked Hoseok’s arm. “Why is your favourite flavour so boring?”

Things went on like this for several minutes. Seokjin felt the tension in his shoulders, the stress in his work, the tight deadlines, all melt from his body with every smile and laugh.

Hoseok saw the bartender approach their table, holding Seokjin’s drink. “Heyo, Jungkookie! Why don’t you take a break and sit with us?”

Jungkook reached their table and put the drink in front of Seokjin with a pok. He poked his lower lip out. “I can’t. I’m doing mine and someone elses shift right now and I’m pretty busy… I guess I’ll see you when we sign out?”

“Sure.” Hoseok grinned and tossed something at Jungkook. He caught it with lightning quick reflexes and snorted when he saw it. “Jeez, Hoseok. At least tip me more money if you’re my friend. Which you are.” He held up the twenty cent coin and pressed it into Hoseok’s forehead.

Suddenly, a flurry of movement broke out near the cafe doorway. People in line jumped aside, heads were bowing all across the room, the waiters snapped up straight, Jungkook speed-walked to the counter. The noise level went down audibly.

A red-haired male in a dark, clean cut suit stepped into the cafe, hands in his pockets. His triangular eyes scanned his employees, who all had their heads bowed. He opened his mouth.

“Proceed.”

Immediately, everybody resumed what they were doing. Life unpaused. People chatted, waiters collected used plates and glasses, people stepped back in line after the red haired male moved to the counter, Jungkook wordlessly handed a paper bag and a paper mug of black coffee to him, bowing and keeping his eyes on the countertop.

The male turned back to the doorway. As he did so, he caught the eye of a certain employee.

And smirked.

Caught him staring again… heh.

The male laughed huskily under his breath and swept out of the cafe.

(If anyone had been looking up when the boss entered the cafe they would have seen a blonde-purple haired male spin out and in through the revolving door.)

Author’s Note:

im really sorry for the late update sorry people (シ_ _)シ

well… THE BOSS HAS FINALLY COME INTO THE SCENE and yeah well its yoongi eheheh

and ideas on who was caught staring? O⌣O and i wont give it away like i did whith wo the boss is! >.<

*awkward out ^^~*