Chapter 17

Unexpected

Seokjin blinked, confusion furrowing his brow. He was about to ask what happened when he noticed the state Namjoon was in.

Ushering Namjoon in quickly, Seokjin pulled him to the bathroom. His brow creased with worry, he grabbed a towel off the rack and held it out to Namjoon. “What happened? Did it rain on the way here?”

“Aah, the landlord… the dog…” Namjoon shrugged, frowning down at the shivering puppy. “My landlord caught me washing the dog and sorta kicked me out…”

Seokjin tutted gently, moving forwards to dry Namjoon’s hair with the towel. “What are you going to do now? Do you have a place to stay, at least?”

Namjoon closed his eyes and sighed softly, leaning into Seokjin’s touch without realising it. “He said either I go or the dog goes… I don’t want to find another place, so I guess the dog’s going to need another place to stay.” He absentmindedly the puppy’s head.

Namjoon watched as Seokjin lifted the puppy from his arms, leaving the towel draped over his head. Murmuring softly, Seokjin held the puppy against his chest as he turned the shower on, disregarding the water soaking into his shirt. He smiled at Namjoon. “There are spare clothes and towels in my closet.”

Namjoon blinked, raising his hands. “I-”

Seokjin sighed, amusement tingeing his expression. “Not this again, Namjoon. You’ll freeze to death dressed like that.” He gestured to Namjoon’s thin shirt and sweatpants.

Begrudgingly, Namjoon left the bathroom with one last apologetic glance at the older man. He moved into Seokjin’s bedroom and opened the wardrobe, unsurprised at the soft blacks, greys and whites.

After a vigorous dry-down, Namjoon changed into a white longsleeve and grey trackpants. Draping his damp clothes over an arm, he exited the bedroom and moved to stand by the shower stall in the bathroom.

Seokjin glanced up, pausing his actions in rinsing the puppy off. “You can put your clothes over there,” he said, gesturing to a towel rack. “And pass me that towel please?”

Namjoon smiled his thanks and dropped his clothes on the rack before handing Seokjin the towel.

Hoisting the puppy up and scruffing it over with the towel, Seokjin motioned at Namjoon to follow him into the main living area. “Do you want something to eat?” he asked, moving to plug in a hairdryer.

Namjoon shook his head at the same time his stomach decided it was be a good time to growl. Mortified, he rubbed his belly with a sweater-pawed hand. “I-I’m fine, really. I can get something on the way home.”

Seokjin smiled and shook his head, handing the wriggling puppy to Namjoon and motioning at him to dry its fur. “It started raining a few minutes ago, Namjoon. I’d be a bad host if I didn’t offer you food and my couch at least.” He moved to the kitchen to resume cooking dinner, ignoring Namjoon’s shell-shocked expression.

“I- but- Seokjin-shii, I can’t-”

The rain suddenly picked up at that exact moment, battering against the window. A small roll of thunder followed.

Namjoon deflated, his head sinking to his chest. “I-I guess… I’ll have to stay here then… I’m sorry for intruding.” He glanced timidly at Seokjin.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.” Seokjin smiled over at him while simultaneously dropping vegetables from the chopping board into the sizzling pan. “Now hurry up and dry the puppy.”

 

 

Author’s Note:

whohoo SOME MORE PLOT ADVANCEMENT :D after a really long time whoops

well. this is pretty good because I’m actually updating in an acceptable timeframe (go me)

also, did you guys hear the music box version of butterfly? if not, here. listen to it and weep with me ;-;

*awkward out*