Chapter 7

Unexpected

Namjoon grabbed his bag and slammed the door shut, the bang reverberating through the brightly lit underground car park. He went around and opened the back door.

 

Seokjin had somehow defied the seatbelt and was lying on his side on the back seat, the alpaca scrunched between the seat and the side of his face. Namjoon gave a little laugh and shook Seokjin’s shoulder.
 

“Seokjin-shi! We’re here, get up.”
 

Seokjin twitched a little and mumbled incoherently into the alpaca.
 

Namjoon realised that the man was already in a deep sleep and frowned a little. I’m gonna have to carry him...
 

He reached under Seokjin’s armpits, pulled him out of the car and swept him up, bridal style, in two swift movements. Looking around, he spotted the lift. He was about to move towards it when he felt Seokjin grapple with the material of his suit jacket and mumble ‘alpaca’ four times. Namjoon allowed himself a rare smile as he leant over and watched Seokjin’s arms flail around and grab the plushie.
 

On pressing the ‘close door’ button in the lift with his elbow, Namjoon realised that he didn’t know which apartment Seokjin lived in. He stared at the button panel’s twenty floors, then pressed the lobby button, reasoning that he could find out where Seokjin lived from the front desk.
 

The girl at the front desk was helpful enough, although she seemed disoriented from being woken up from her nap and kept glancing at Namjoon with judging eyes and at Seokjin with something that Namjoon couldn’t read. She instructed Namjoon to apartment 49 on the 17th floor after he gave her Seokjin’s name.
 

Upon arrival at Seokjin’s front door, Namjoon realised that he didn’t have the key. He looked at the pot plant by the door intently and nudged it around with his foot. After a couple of minutes of shuffling around after the pot plant and trying not to drop the man in his arms, he decided to go through Seokjin’s pockets. He somehow managed to find the key and open the door without dropping him.
 

Namjoon went through the door and stumbled over a low step in front of the doorway, nearly dropping Seokjin on the wooden floor. Gaining his balance and mumbling a few choice profanities, he hoisted Seokjin higher and glanced around the apartment.
 

The front room seemed to be a living-slash-kitchen-slash-dining room, bedecked with whites, blacks and greys. A small four-seater dining table stood in front of the curtained floor-to-ceiling windows that stretched along the opposite the door. The left of the room was lushly carpeted and held a low coffee table, a small television, a recliner and a three-seater lounge. Directly to the right was a small, tiled kitchenette. Two doors on the right side of the room stood ajar.
 

Namjoon went to the first door and used his head to push the door open. A small, black-and-white tiled bathroom met his eyes. He ducked out again.
 

He pushed open the other door and found himself in a carpeted, neat bedroom with a writing table under the window, a wardrobe against the wall and a single bed in the corner. This room, like the others, was in black, grey and white.
 

Namjoon moved to the bed and put Seokjin down with a grunt. and pulled the alpaca out of Seokjin’s arms. He took Seokjin’s leather shoes off and put the alpaca, which had fallen on the floor, onto the desk. After tucking the crisply folded duvet at the end of the bed around Seokjin’s body, he hooked the ring of the car keys around the alpaca’s right ear. Exiting the bedroom, Namjoon placed Seokjin’s shoes by the step and quietly let himself out of the apartment.


 

Author’s Note:
 

...yyo! (⌒_⌒;)

 

uh, sorry i haven’t updated for what is it? two, three months?
。゜゜(´Д`)°゜。

 

i’m not going to bore you with too many excuses… but i’m sorry. im sORRY IM SO SORRY SORRY-
 

*coughs* um well, here’s chapter 7… and here’s my shin. feel free to give it a kick… //holds out leg

 

*awkward out o(╥﹏╥)o*