Chapter 1

Unexpected

Three knocks sounded through the cluttered workspace and Seokjin looked up from his sleek laptop with a slightly raised eyebrow. Not many people would usually interrupt him this early in the morning.

Park Jimin, a secretary from the one of the upstairs offices, peeped around the door, dislodging some papers from a stack near the doorway. Seokjin mentally reminded himself for the nth time to clean up his office.

"Seokjin? The boss asked me to tell you that your new assistant will be arriving tomorrow at nine. And he wants that design for the big company done by tonight. And he wants to know if you’ve started on the housing project yet."

Seokjin closed his eyes and sighed, leaning back in his leather chair and raising a hand to rub at the bridge of his nose. “Tell him that I’ll only be able to get the design done by tomorrow morning, tops. And I’ve started on the housing thing but no breakthroughs yet.”

Seokjin’s eyes suddenly snapped open. What? I’m getting an assistant? I didn’t ask for one!

He dropped his hand and leant forwards, narrowing his eyes at the twenty-year-old. “Since when did I need an assistant? Who assigned me one? Why?”

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. “The boss said he assigned you one because your work has started slowing down two months ago. He-“

A pager sounded somewhere. Jimin reached into his pocket and read the message on the device. “I gotta go. Meet me for lunch today at the cafe? Hope the assistant helps.” He shot Seokjin a smile, pulled back and shut the door, leaving Seokjin opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water and questions left hanging in the air.

What the hell? Seokjin thought. I don’t even know the assistant’s name.

Trust boss to notice things like that.

Seokjin thought that he had covered up his slacking off pretty well by rushing around and making important-sounding (and fake) phonecalls even more than usual, but apparently not.

Seokjin closed his mouth and leant back, rubbing a hand over his forehead.Either way, thinking about this won’t help me get my work done. He pushed the matter to the back of his mind and leaned forwards to peer at the laptop screen again.
____________________________________________________________________

Seokjin walked into the building at nine fifteen the next morning with a laptop case in one hand and a stack of paper in the other, having completely forgotten about the meeting with the assistant because he had pulled an all-nighter finishing off his current project. He pressed the lift button with his elbow and settled down to wait for the lift. He didn’t understand why his company didn’t bother upgrading the old thing.

Seokjin suddenly frowned. I feel like I’ve forgotten something.

He looked down at himself.

Laptop? Check.

Design plans? Check.

Wallet? Check.

Tie? Check.

Matching socks? Check.

Seokjin’s frown deepened. Nothing’s out of place…

The lift chimed after a few minutes. Seokjin walked into the lift and reached out with his elbow for the seventh floor-

Someone barreled into Seokjin, sending paper flying everywhere and the laptop case into a corner. Whoever it was skidded to a stop and stammered out “Holy- I-I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there- I-I’m in a hurry- I’m late for a meeting, I’m really sorry-” He hurriedly began picking up the paper scattered inside and on the floor outside the lift. Seokjin mumbled a few obscenities and bent to pick up the laptop case and some of the papers.

Seokjin glared when he turned to take the stack of paper from the stranger. He shuffled some of them back into the right order and pressed the seventh floor button, slightly annoyed from the apologies being shot like bullets from the stranger’s mouth. “Will you just be quiet?” he grumbled.

Whoever it was immediately shut up.

Seokjin took this moment to case the stranger.

He was wearing a rather sloppily made navy suit and red converse sneakers, and he had a messenger bag slung over a shoulder. Seokjin could see the corner of a laptop and the spiral binder of a notebook sticking out of the top and a few pens in the side compartments.

The most notable thing about him was his hair- every strand was dyed blonde with a purple tint, and flopped over his forehead in a fluffy fringe. He kept shooting apologetic glances at Seokjin.

Seokjin resolutely ignored him and stepped out of the lift when he reached the seventh floor. To his surprise, the guy stepped out with him. Seokjin frowned slightly. He had a bad feeling about this.

Jimin stood outside Seokjin’s door, playing a game on his phone. He whipped it back into his pocket the moment he saw Seokjin. “Hey, Jin. Your assistant hasn’t arrived yet- oh hey, there he is. Did you guys take the lift up together?”

Seokjin blanched, nearly dropping his papers and laptop case the second time that morning. I knew I had forgotten something! He glanced at the blonde haired man, who looked just as shocked.

He’s my assistant?”

 

Author’s note:
I actually wanted this chapter to be longer, but it ends pretty well~ conceited author is conceited

to clarify things, seokjin is 24, jimin is 21 and the blonde-purple haired stranger (I assume you guys know who he is, it’s pretty obvious) is…. umh, let’s make him 22 XD as I said, no pre-planning lol

as I forewarned, I am ty as at updating and I am moderately disorganized at best so plEASE DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH IM SORRY-

I might introduce other bangtan members later on.
Hint: the boss is __________ ahaHAHAHA ( °ヮ°) * heartless laugh*

*awkward out~ *