Part 9

What I Did For Love?

I looked up at my stepmother in pain.

“I’m sorry mom. I didn’t know we’re supposed to have guests today.” She glared coldly at me with hatred in her eyes.

“Mr. Yoo who owns the Yoo Hotel Empire with hotels all over Hawaii is coming to visit us. Your father might get a promotion if we make a good impression! You’re supposed to be awake half an hour ago to prepare all of us tea! Now Mr. Yoo is down there expecting tea! What am I supposed to do now huh?”

My stepmom began to breathe rapidly as her anger increased. I saw her raise that stick of hers again. I curled myself up hoping the pain would lessen but I know it wouldn’t so I prepared myself for the strike...

Seung Ho caught the stick just before it would hit Ji Yeon. Ji Yeon’s mother stared at Seung Ho in surprise. Ji Yeon opened her eyes and stared at Seung Ho in shock. He looked down at her.

“Ji Yeon, are you okay?”

“Seung Ho!” I screamed.

“What are you doing here?” Seung Ho looked back at me.

“I came to save you from this evil .” My stepmom's face was twisted with hatred.

“I knew you were trouble all this time Ji Yeon! How dare you bring this boy home? Wait until I tell your father about this!” Seung Ho grabbed my stepmom’s arm to stop her.

“You do that and I’ll have you fired!” I stared at Seung Ho dumbfounded.

*What is he talking about?*

“What are you talking about you juvenile delinquent?!” snapped my stepmom.

“I mean,” said Seung Ho glaring at her.

“That you’re having tea with my father right now and I’ll get you and your husband fired if you hit Ji Yeon one more time.” I look at Seung Ho surprised.

*Seung Ho is the heir to the Yoo Hotel Empire? His family is the richest family in all of Hawaii!* My stepmom looked at Seung Ho doubtfully.

“If you’re his son, then how come you’re so filthy?” Seung Ho gave her a smirk.

“I know you want proof. How about all of us go down there to talk to my dad?”

My stepmom looked at him and thought, *This is the only way for real evidence. He might get us a promotion.*

Then she said, “Come on then. Let’s go.”

---> to be continued...