Part 18

What I Did For Love?

Seung Ho entered the main doors of the Park Hotel and headed towards the lobby. He let out a sigh. Being in a hotel brought a lot of memories back to him. He remembered how he would take Ji Yeon to the hotels to trash it or slide down the long stairway banisters. But those carefree days are over. His only love had died and he no longer has the heart to love anyone else.

Ever since the news of Ji Yeon’s death, Seung Ho began to develop a passion for anything he thinks is related to her. The things include stuff like her hairbrush, the same type of lip gloss she uses, her little respirator, etc. There were times when he had to give -to-mouth resuscitation if there's no respirator around. Seung Ho smiled as he remembered that she had told him that she gave him her first kiss. Ji Yeon never went out with any guys so it made him really happy but he also found it very strange. He didn’t want to give her any ideas about dating other guys so he never asked.

Seung Ho had changed his name to Jayson. It’s to symbolize that Seung Ho died with Ji Yeon and Jayson replaced him. He chose the name Jayson because of Ji Yeon’s initial ‘J’ and if anyone asked, the ‘J’ represents Jayson. Min Ho wanted to change his name to Ricky but Seung Ho wouldn’t let him. Seung Ho only allowed him to change it if it had the letter ‘J’ so Min Ho ended up changing it to Jerry instead.

“Hey hyung! Over here!” shouted Min Ho. Seung Ho looked over at his five friends. He walked over to them and was surprised at what he saw. “What the hell is this?” he asked angrily. Every single one of them had a girl in each arms.

“What do you guys think you’re doing?” he asked as he strode over to them.

“Come on hyung,” said Ki Bum.

“Lighten up.”

“Yeah,” said Tae Min.

“We worked hard all day and now let’s have a little fun.” Seung Ho rolled his eyes and then he saw two girls wrap their arms around him. He smiled. “Yeah, I guess.”

“Alright!” they all shouted. They like it when Seung Ho is in a good mood.

From where I was standing, I felt as though someone had stabbed me with a knife. Seung Ho looked so happy with those 2 girls sitting on both sides of his lap. I stared at my reflection in the hotel mirror. Big, glassy eyes, pale skin and waist-length black hair. I looked kind of like a ghost. *Not much to look at,* I thought sighing sadly. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and I slowly turned around.

---> to be continued...