Part 31

What I Did For Love?

"Order Sechskies!” yelled Seung Ho.

“Ooh, ooh,” said Ki Bum.

“I want some kimbab!” Seung Ho glared at him. Ki Bum shuts up.

“Now I want to talk to all of you about Ji Sung. He’s only been here for a few months but he had saved my life twice and not to mention, Min Ho’s.” Min Ho slapped Ji Sung on the back and smiled.

“Now,” continued Seung Ho.

“What do you want Ji Sung? A car, money or women? Tell us and it’s yours.”

“Yeah,” said Min Ho. 

“Just name it buddy and it’s yours.” I thought about it for a while. The only thing I wanted was Seung Ho but I couldn’t say that. Since he was suspected me for being gay so much, there was only one thing I should ask for. 

“I want a woman,” I told them. They all opened their mouths in shock.

“Alright Ji Sung, you dog!” yelled Min Ho, breaking the silence. 

“At least you’re proving to us that you’re a man now!”

“Okay,” said Seung Ho slowly. 

“Who’s the girl?”

“Jung Krystal,” I announced. I saw Min Ho’s smiling face turned mad.

“Who do you want?” Min Ho asked me in disbelief. I repeated myself.

“Jung Krystal.” Min Ho grabbed me by the collar of my shirt.

“Out of all the girls you could have picked, why her?” he yelled at me. I knew Min Ho liked Krystal but Krystal was the only person that could help me.

“I happen to like her too,” I answered him.

“Besides, you all said I can have anything I want, and I want Krystal.”

“He’s right,” said Seung Ho softly. 

“We can’t go back on our words.” Seung Ho clapped his hands for attention.

“Jung Krystal now belongs to Ahn Ji Sung. Anyone from Sechskies who touches her will face the death penalty.” Hyun Woo and Byung Hun had to hold Min Ho back from attacking me. 

“I thought you were my friend!” he yelled as they took him away. I sighed and headed for my room.

Seung Ho looked at Ji Sung as he was walking away.

“Ji Sung.”

“Yes hyung?”

“Are you sure that’s what you want?”

“Yes hyung. I’ve never been more sure in my life.” Then Ji Sung left.

When I made it back into my room, Krystal was in there waiting for me.

“What the hell is going on?” she asked me. I knew it was time to tell her my story. When I finished, she was bawling like a baby. I handed her a tissue.

“Th.. That is s.. so.. romantic,” Krystal said, sobbing. I patted her head as she leaned on me.

“No, it’s not.”

“So you’re not going to tell Seung Ho who you really are?” I shook my head. 

“It wouldn’t matter anyway.”

“How do you know? If he knows you’re still alive, who knows? He might fall in love with you.”

“Maybe,” I began slowly. 

“But then he’d will love me out of pity and not out of love. I don’t want that.”

“Oh.” Krystal stared at the floor.

“I wonder if Jerry really likes me.”

“What?!” I asked in surprise. She looked at me sheepishly.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you that Jerry and I are beginning to fall for each other.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t have a chance to. Besides, it just happened.”

“I’m sorry Krystal.”

“It’s okay,” she said as she hugged me.

“We’ll just have to put our little romance on hold for a while. You’re more important.”

“No, I’ll go tell...“

My words were cut off by my lack of air. This time my attack was worse than it ever had been before. Krystal stared at me frightened. “Ji Yeon! What’s happening?”

“C.. Can’t breathe…” I managed to say. She lifted me up.

“Come on, I’ll take you to the hospital.”

“Don’t let the others see me,” I said to her before I collapsed into total darkness.

---> to be continued...