Part 32

What I Did For Love?

Slowly, I began to open my eyes. I closed them instantly because the light shining on me was so bright.

*Am I on the other side?* I wondered. I managed to squint my eyes open. I found myself strapped to a pulse racer machine and with a IV fluid hooked up to me. I started to look around my room. I was in a hospital and I saw that my door was slightly ajar. I heard two voices talking and I began to eavesdrop.

“It’s a miracle that she’s still alive,” said the doctor.

“Is she going to be okay?” Krystal asked him.

“Well, according to these test results, her heart will expire any time now. We need to get her a heart transplant soon because she’s past overdue for two years already. I made some calls and there is a matching donor for her in England.”

“I’ll have to talk to her about it.”

“Please do,” said the doctor. “It’s her only hope of living.”

Krystal slowly entered my room. She stared at me with wide eyes.

 

“You heard everything Ji Yeon?” I nodded my head weakly and took the air respirator off my mouth. 

“You can tell him to forget about it. I’m not going to England for a couple of months to get surgery.” Krystal ran over and shook me. 

“Ji Yeon, are you crazy? You have to or you’ll die.”

“No,” I told her stubbornly.

“It was so hard for me to find Seung Ho and I won’t let go of him just like that.” Krystal began to cry. 

“I don’t want you to die though.” I looked at her sadly.

“You’re a good friend Krystal. I know you’ll be the perfect girl for Min Ho.” I yanked the IV tube off my arm.

“Come on. Let’s go home.”

A little over a month later….

My heart condition began to worsen. My attacks became more frequent and undetected. It would happen during odd times like when I’m showering or having dinner with the Sechskies guys. Luckily Krystal was always there by my side to cover for me.

Min Ho hates me. I can tell by the way he acts. He probably thinks that Krystal really likes Ahn Ji Sung (that’s me). What he doesn’t know is Krystal truly does love him and it breaks her heart seeing him go out with other girls. I think he’s doing that to make her jealous.

As for Seung Ho, he began to grow distant towards me. He wouldn’t talk to me much and he’s been depressed about something lately. I wish I could know what was bothering him because it hurts me to see him sad like that. Secrets are definitely hard to keep. Especially ones that you have to cover everyday. I should have known that my disguise and heart attacks would be exposed soon but it just came to me unexpectedly…

---> to be continued...