Part 14

What I Did For Love?

Back at home I was so excited I couldn’t sleep. I know I was still too young to be thinking about marriage but I know Seung Ho is the only guy for me. I held my teddy bear close as thoughts of Seung Ho drifted me to sleep.

It was midnight. Seung Ho sneaked out of his house quietly without making a noise. He carried his backpack which was full of money on his back. He planned to go to Ji Yeon’s house to grab her and leave. Then it would be just be him, Ji Yeon and Min Ho leaving together. He was almost at Ji Yeon’s house when he realized that he was being followed. It was his uncle’s men. They came to get rid of him. Seung Ho was smart. He knew the streets too well. He made it through the alley and those men ended up losing him. But when Seung Ho reached Ji Yeon’s house, about 10 men had surrounded her house. They saw him approaching. Seung Ho began to run as they chased him. He made it to the dock. He saw Min Ho on the boat.

Hyung! Hurry! The boat is leaving!” Seung Ho threw his bag onto the boat first and made a high jump. He landed safely onto the boat. His uncle’s men couldn’t chase him anymore. Seung Ho and Min Ho started cheering until Seung Ho realized what was missing, Ji Yeon. He had left her. Seung Ho fell to his knees.

“What’s wrong?” asked Min Ho.

“Ji Yeon! We left her! We have to go back!” yelled Seung Ho. Min Ho opened his mouth in shock because he just realized it too. Then he shook his head sadly.

“We can’t. If we go back, we’ll just get killed and we’ll be putting Ji Yeon’s life in danger too.” Seung Ho moved away from Min Ho, knowing that the darkness will cover his face. And for the first time in his life, Seung Ho cried.

---> to be continued...