4/28 Continued

Our Sound

"Hey, are you all right?" Sunggyu asked as he stopped in front of Woohyun, snapping him back to reality. The dark haired man blinked in the direction Baekhyun had sauntered off to before readjusting his gaze to his worried boyfriend. Woohyun forced a thin smile onto his lips before shaking his head.

 

"No, I'm fine." He reassured Sunggyu before taking a look at the plates the other had piled in his hands. "Two plates? Are you sure you can eat all of that?" Woohyun asked, raising an eyebrow at the enormous amount of food. Sunggyu smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

 

"It's my birthday. I get to eat as much as I want." He said, laughing at Woohyun's horrified expression. He really had a lot of food on his plates; the dark haired man was sure that there were at least three entrees, two appetizers, and four desserts stacked onto each plate. Nodding to himself, Woohyun began walking back to the table without waiting for Sunggyu to grab his utensils. The light haired man gasped once he noticed Woohyun abandoning him as he tried to pull out a pair of chopsticks with his pinky and ring finger.

 

Woohyun looked back and almost laughed at what he saw. Sunggyu had his knees bent so he could reach the tips of the chopsticks with his extra fingers. His eyes were squinted in concentration and his tongue was sticking out at one side. Woohyun almost forgot about his encounter with Baekhyun not even a minute ago as he strode back to the utensil table to easily pull a pair of chopsticks out for Sunggyu.

 

"Thanks." Sunggyu muttered, moving out of the way for the guests behind him to grab what they needed. The two men walked back to their table in comfortable silence, although, it wasn't actually silent. The crowd in the restaurant seemed to grow with each tick of Woohyun's watch. As the dark haired man spotted Sungyeol and Dongwoo just sitting down at their long and boisterous table, Sunggyu spoke up.

 

"Is there something going on between you and Baek?"

 

Woohyun cringed at the mentioning of that swan. And Baek? Was that another nickname for him? Just how many did he have? Sunggyu peeled his eyes from his carefully balancing plates to his boyfriend's unreadable expression. Woohyun unintentionally scanned the table for Baekhyun's figure and noticed that the man was staring at them returning. He couldn't see well from that distance but was that a smirk on his lips? Woohyun's chest tightened and it became hard to breath. Suddenly, Baekhyun's words echoed in his mind, pulling at his heart and digging at his soul. He didn't know why it affected him so much, but it did.

 

"Woohyun?"

 

"Ah, no, there's nothing going on." The dark haired man said, tearing his blatant glare off of Baekhyun. Sunggyu flattened his mouth into a thin line, knowing that he was being lied to. Either way, the two arrived at the table and were pulled from the topic as they joined Sunggyu's friend's conversation.

 

"Wow, the salmon is so good!" Jaejoong hummed as he hastily swallowed his first bite of the fish he had been eyeing for a while. Bora, who hadn't taken the delicious smelling dish when she stopped by the buffet, stole a piece off of Jaejoong's. Although he made no motion to protect his food, the look of annoyance on his face was enough to tell that he was upset. Bora's face lit up once she downed the small portion and poked Sunggyu on the shoulder.

 

"Hey, are you going to eat your salmon?" She asked excitedly. Sunggyu looked down at his plate to see his share of fish being stolen with nimble chopsticks. Bora hadn't waited for his answer. Woohyun had started to eat his garlic bread and soup and was silently watching over Sunggyu. Of course, he wasn't the only one at the table of friends doing that and he soon realized Baekhyun was trying to catch his boyfriend's attention.

 

Heechul, from across the table of Woohyun, struck up a nearly one-sided conversation with the dark haired man. From what Woohyun could tell, Heechul was an extrovert with a devilish charm. He seemed to carry an aura that screamed 'diva' – which fitted perfectly with his shoulder length hair and bright choice of clothing.

 

"So how is your relationship with Sunggyu going?" Heechul asked after taking a bite of his food and dabbing his napkin on his lips. Woohyun focused into the conversation and hummed a little, signaling him thinking of an answer. Sunggyu didn't stop bickering with Bora so Woohyun was able to speak his mind to Heechul. Of course, a little swan was listening in from a distance.

 

"It's good. We mostly act like friends and not a couple – which is probably the best thing for us at the moment." Woohyun answered after some thought. To be honest, he never felt like they were a couple. It was if they were best friends in love. Other than a few dates here and there, the two remained in somewhat of a friendship zone. Of course, Woohyun would get the random urges to kiss his boyfriend, but that was a different story that he wouldn't admit to someone like Heechul. Thinking that their chat was over, the dark haired man took a sip of his water.

 

"Have you kissed yet? I mean; it's been two months since you got together." Heechul pressed on rather loudly. Woohyun nearly chocked on his drink and the conversations around the table came to a halt. Sunggyu looked mortified and Baekhyun had an unreadable expression on as they stared at Woohyun for an answer. The dark haired man let out an awkward cough and cleared his throat. He looked across the table at everyone and was surprised to see that even the parents were waiting for him to respond.

 

"Uh…" Woohyun started slowly, eyeing Sunggyu for a while. "Once." He said. Bora clicked her tongue and Jaejoong let out a laugh.

 

"Only once? In that long? I can't believe you two." She chided, making the quiet table erupt in laughter. Sunggyu seemed to relax and continued to pick at his food. Heechul smirked to himself.

 

"If that's the case, why don't you just break up with Sunggyu and date me instead?" He winked seductively at Woohyun. Sunggyu's chopsticks screeched against the plate, making the dark haired man wince at the high-pitched sound. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I know how much you fanboy over him at school." Heechul laughed, turning his attention to Sunggyu.

 

Woohyun let out a sigh of relief. He really didn't want to date someone like Heechul. Then something occurred to him. He nudged his boyfriend with his shoulder playfully.

 

"Before you even speak, shut up." Sunggyu's voice came out nothing more than a whisper. His cheeks were flushed a bright pink and he didn't look up to meet Woohyun's gaze.

 

"You fanboy over me?" The dark haired man asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

"I do not so shut up." Sunggyu grunted before standing up and stomping away from the table. Woohyun watched him go in surprise, not expecting him to leave. Heechul and Bora laughed hard, saying that their grandpa was throwing a tantrum. Jaejoong, being the only sensible friend not dying of laughter, motioned for Woohyun to follow. The dark haired man quickly rose from his seat and trailed in the direction that Sunggyu had went off to.

 

"By the way, where did Baek go?" Woohyun heard Jaejoong ask his still laughing friends as he left. True, he hadn't seen Baekhyun since Heechul asked that embarrassing question, but that was the last thing he wanted to think about right now. Sunggyu had left so quickly that he had lost him in the crowd. Woohyun walked around the buffet line for a while, hoping to spot his boyfriend, but to no avail. He walked around the giant fish tank until he came to a less populated section of the restaurant. It didn't have any tables for guests and the interior looked more like a lounge than anything.

 

As Woohyun walked around another bend, he spotted Sunggyu staring out at the fish tank. He shoved his hands into his pockets as he approached him quietly. Something blocked the way of one of his hands and he pulled it out. To his surprise, it was his present for Sunggyu. Woohyun eyed the box and then eyed his boyfriend's back. Making up his mind, Woohyun clutched the small green box in his hands and walked up to Sunggyu. The other didn't notice his presence so the dark haired man took this chance to wrap his arms around his boyfriend's body, enclosing him.

 

"Whoa, hey." Sunggyu said in shock, muscles tensing at the sudden contact. Woohyun buried his face into Sunggyu's neck and inhaled his scent. He felt strange doing something like this, but oddly, it felt just as nice as strange. The light haired man slowly relaxed in his grip and started Woohyun's arms since he couldn't do much else. They stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other's touch.

 

"This is for you." Woohyun said finally, moving his hand to show Sunggyu his present. He heard him sigh.

 

"Not you, too…" Sunggyu said before taking the small box from Woohyun reluctantly. The green wrapping came off rather easily and all that was left was a plain white box. "What did you buy that could be so small?" He asked. Woohyun shook his head slightly and didn't speak. Sunggyu smiled and continued to open the box. For some reason, the dark haired man felt really giddy. Was he nervous to hear Sunggyu's reaction to his present? Excited? He couldn't pin it down. Either way, there were butterflies in his stomach that he wished would stop flying.

 

"It's…" Sunggyu mumbled, lifting up the silver ring into the blue light from the fish tank. Woohyun released his grip and Sunggyu immediately turned around in his arms. "It's…why a ring?" The dark haired man lifted his gaze to Sunggyu's confused eyes.

 

"It's a promise ring." He said and Sunggyu tilted his head slightly.

 

 "A promise for what?"

 

"To love you for infinity, hence the infinite sign engraved on the side." Woohyun let a grin form on his face. Sunggyu let out a shaking breath before slipping it onto his ring finger. It fit perfectly. His eyes traveled across the engravement and stopped at an English word that he could hardly see under the dim light. He seemed to be at a loss of words so Woohyun pulled away to give him space. To his surprise, Sunggyu pulled him in for a tight hug. Wordlessly, they embraced each other and Woohyun knew that Boohyun was right. Sunggyu loved his gift.

 

"Thank you." Sunggyu whispered into Woohyun's shirt. Woohyun smiled and looked out at the fish tank. This was why he needed Sunggyu in his life. Only he could make Woohyun feel like this. His happiness was short lived when he sensed eyes watching them. He looked over his shoulder to the wall, where a corner blocked the rest of the venue from sight.

 

Someone was there.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

Heeyyyy guys~ Thanks to everyone who filled out the pole. I will be using these suggestions starting with my next fic so please look forward to it! I just barely fit in the time to write this chapter so sorry it's short.