2/14

Our Sound

"I was drunk! I didn't mean it!" Sunggyu shouted as he was forcefully pulled out of bed. Woohyun let out a large sigh before using all of his weight for one huge pull, successfully tearing Sunggyu's grip off the bedpost. Did Sunggyu know how heavy he actually was?


"And yet here you are, in my bed. It's been a full year already, there is no use in denying that you're dating me."


The back to brown haired man slowly unwrapped himself of the large comforter. Woohyun huffed to himself and let go of his boyfriend's feet. Sunggyu, whose head looked like a bird's nest, opened his droopy eyes and glanced around the room as if he had forgotten he spent the night over at Woohyun's place.


"Your… room?" He asked, still dazed from sleep. He rubbed one eye as he straightened up on the bed. Woohyun sighed and looked at his disheveled boyfriend, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently.


"Yes, my room, now go take a shower and get ready. We're going out." He said exasperatedly. He hated repeating himself. Sighing, he head towards the door. "Oh, and also," He paused mid step, "you better thank Boohyun when you see him. He slept downstairs since you took my bed and I took his."


Woohyun slipped out of the room, closing the door behind him. With a deep breath, he forced himself to grin. If he wanted today to be romantic, he would have to try his hardest to be assertive. He couldn't sleep much the night before, so he had set up the day in three phases. Phase one: get Sunggyu out of bed. Phase two: don't give any hints to where they were going and try to act as romantic as he could. Phase three: give Sunggyu the best day he could ever imagine.

 
 
"Oh, I should make Boohyun's bed." Woohyun remembered after reminded himself what to do. As he went back into the room, he could hear Sunggyu using the sink. At least he was moving. If Sunggyu knew what time he had woken him up at, he would have flipped him off and fell back asleep. After neatly placing the comforter back into place, Sunggyu let out a piercing scream from the bathroom.


"SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING?! Nam Woohyun, you better have a good explanation for this!"
 
 
Woohyun almost broke out it laughter, but stopped himself. He had to be serious. His determination was like fire. Today had to be perfect. It was their first year anniversary after all. Not only that, but he also had to keep Boohyun's promise.


"Sorry, babe. I just wanted to get there early." Woohyun choked out. Okay, burning determination gone. How could he be romantic if all it did was embarrass the hell out of him? Flustered at his own word choice of called Sunggyu babe, he added on something that he would normally say. "Now hurry up and take a shower." 
 
 
He messed up already. With a sigh of defeat and a flushed red face, Woohyun stomped out of the room before he could ruin it anymore, slamming the bedroom door closed by accident. Luckily, Sunggyu didn't seem to catch the grossness of the statement and started the shower like nothing was wrong; he probably was still half asleep.


Leaning against the other side of the door, Woohyun covered his eyes with one arm. His cheeks burned a bright pink as he groaned to himself. How long could he keep this up for? Sometimes he really hated his brother.


Trailing his eyes over Sunggyu's peaceful sleeping face, Woohyun heard the door open slowly. Boohyun stuck his neck in and called him downstairs before disappearing again. The dark haired man sighed; taking one more look over at his boyfriend before sitting up in bed.

 

They had just come back from a late night date and Sunggyu fell asleep almost instantly when his head hit the pillow of Woohyun's bed. Woohyun calmly shifted his gaze to the door and left without making a sound. Boohyun was waiting for him on the stairs.

 

"Want to use my bed tonight?" He asked when they met eyes in the dim light. Woohyun nodded slightly. "Then can I ask you to do something for me in return?" Boohyun grinned sheepishly. The younger man shot him a slight glare but the other didn't seem affected at all.

 


"It's Valentines tomorrow, you know." Boohyun continued; ignoring the angry pout his brother was giving him. "I want you to take Sunggyu to the Zoo for me. I bought tickets for me and my friend but she canceled on me."

 

Woohyun looked at his brother, contemplating whether or not to go. Honestly, Woohyun had forgotten Valentine's Day was coming up and took Sunggyu out on a movie date just yesterday.

 

"Well, I guess I could. But that's all you want from me? Usually you'd make me do more."



"Of course, there is always more to my requests." Boohyun smiled, "I want you to act like a loving boyfriend all of tomorrow. That means no awkward side-glances at him when he's not looking. Show him you love and care for him up front." He laughed as he watched in real time as Woohyun's neck and up burned a bright red.


 

"…Fine." Woohyun responded quietly before heading back into the bedroom. "Goodnight," He said before closing the door, giving his brother a quick glace, "And thanks."

 

Why did he even agree to do this? Woohyun was so caught up in remembering what to do that he didn't notice Sunggyu emerge from his room, fully clothed and ready to go.



"Are…you okay?" He spoke up after a while. Woohyun's arm flew off in a millisecond and his eyes widened when he saw Sunggyu. Instantly, his nose was filled with a sweet smell that he knew very well. His boyfriend had used his shampoo and body wash.



"Yeah, I'm good. Let's go." Woohyun blinked away his thoughts and took Sunggyu's warm hand. The light hair man was suddenly tugged from the room and down the stairs. They passed Boohyun on the way out. Woohyun tried the best he could to hide his red face from his brother. He gave a short nod, however, to signal that he was really going to go through with the promise. Boohyun, in return, discretely threw a thumbs up at him. This only made Woohyun blush harder.



In a flurry, Woohyun and Sunggyu were seated on a bus and heading to their date site. It was only a few minutes away from Meok & Sam, so Sunggyu wouldn't be able to ask a bunch of questions. As soon as their stop came into view, Woohyun breathed out slowly, trying to calm his nerves. He had to do this right.



"The zoo?" Sunggyu asked as they hopped off of the bus. His gaze flickered back and forth between the entrance and Woohyun in excitement. "I haven't been here since I was a kid!" He said, bitting his lip. From next to him, Woohyun stared at Sunggyu's side profile, gulping when he notices the state of his lips.



Looking away quickly, Woohyun stepped forward, stretching out his hand for Sunggyu to take. "Let's go in. I'm getting cold just standing here." He mumbled, putting phase two into action. Faster than he expected, his slowly freezing hand was filled with warmth. Woohyun made a mental note to himself to thank Boohyun later, you know, after punching him a few times.



As soon as checking in with the tickets was done, Sunggyu eagerly ran out into the open building. The entrance of the zoo was filled with tall cages on every side, enclosing them. Woohyun sauntered along the path with his hands in his jacket pockets as the light haired man explored and took pictures of each animal they came across. It was calming to watch his boyfriend laugh and smile from afar. Suddenly, Sunggyu ran back towards him and hugged him tightly. Woohyun felt his heart speed up as they embraced.



"Thank you so much! I love it here!" Sunggyu said into his ear, adding a short peck on the cheek before parting. "Now stop lagging by yourself and walk with me." He tugged on Woohyun's shirt and led him through the hall, stopping every once in a while to comment on some funny looking animals. Woohyun paid no attention to the creatures in their glass cages. He still didn't care for alive animals. With nothing better to do than stare silently at his adorable boyfriend, Woohyun looked around the empty hall.



The zoo was nearly void of guests. Woohyun guessed it was because not a lot of couples wanted to go to the zoo for Valentine's Day. Either way, he was happy he got to spend the day alone with Sunggyu. It was the perfect time to just relax with him, but Woohyun still made that promise to act like a good boyfriend. He sighed to himself, remembering that he hadn't done much to fulfill that request yet. In fact, he had been unconsciously doing the things Boohyun specifically told him not to do. 



"Look, Woohyun. That one looks like you." Sunggyu called him over, pointing to the giant spider in a glass case. It lurched forward, making Sunggyu retract his hand on instinct although it couldn't touch him. Curious, Woohyun read the identification plate next to the cage.



"Brown Huntsman spider. With its sharp eight eyes, it can effectively locate multiple prey in day or night. How can that spider possibly be me?" The dark haired male asked, turning to look at Sunggyu. Oh god, he had to say it. It was the perfect opportunity.



"I only have eyes for you." Woohyun stated, giving a short smile before taking Sunggyu's hand and leading him away from the spider. He looked straight ahead, once again hiding his flushed face. All this sickly sweet actions were probably effecting Woohyun more than anyone.



"I was going for intimidating." Sunggyu laughed away the awkward statement from Woohyun as they walked. They soon reached a café next to a man-made lake, home to a dozen or so colorful ducks from around the world. It was nearing lunch by the time they had finished wandering around the mammal exhibits. The two men mutually decided to grab a bite. Sunggyu ordered a panini while Woohyun ordered a simple taco salad. He wasn't really that hungry, but he needed to move on to phase three.



"Thanks for today, I had lots of fun." The light brown haired man said, smiling. "I just have one question. Why are you being so greasy?" He asked, chomping on a big piece of his panini. A bit of cheese stuck to his bottom lip as he spoke. Woohyun gave him a genuine smile and reached for his bag from underneath the table.



"Happy Valentine's Day." He said with all the love he could muster, lifting a single rose into view. Sunggyu gasped loudly and covered his mouth in surprise. 



"You…for me?" Sunggyu was at a loss of words. Perhaps he remember Woohyun pulling the same trick on him when they became a couple. His face was lit up like the sun.



"I love you." Woohyun couldn't help but say. "You are so important to me. I'm so glad to have met you." He spoke with all his heart, smile not wavering once. He had never said those words out loud before because he was too embarrassed, but just then, it felt so natural. Woohyun knew he didn't convey his feelings as much as he should, so he had to get it off his chest. He needed Sunggyu to really know he loved him.



Woohyun's smiled grew wider when the light haired man accepted the rose into his hands.
 
 
"I love you, too. You may not know what I mean by this, but you gave my voice color. You gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. I can't thank you enough for that." Sunggyu spoke after being tongue-tied for a long minute. Woohyun could see how special this moment was for him.



And with that said, Sunggyu leaned over the table to capture Woohyun's lips in a sweet kiss. Both of their minds went blank and their hearts sped up, beating in sync. Sunggyu's lips felt tender against his. All Woohyun managed to think was that he was the happiest man on earth.
 
 
Phase three complete.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So this is the Woohyun POV version of their Special Date! Only one more chapter to go~