4/2

Our Sound

More and more, Woohyun noticed Sunggyu on his phone, texting away to this person with the screen name Swan whenever he could. Swan? Who could Swan be? More importantly, how did this person get so friendly with Sunggyu in such a short time? Woohyun could tell that Sunggyu wasn't one to make friends that easily and neither was he, but Sunggyu seemed to really enjoy talking with this person. It didn't really bother Woohyun that much at the start, but over time all of Sunggyu's attention was directed to his phone.

 

"Hey, are you going to eat that?" Woohyun asked, dropping his spoon into his empty bowl. Sunggyu gave him a hot glance before his eyes returned to the phone he was furiously typing on.

 

"Mm…Nah, you can have it." He said, not taking much time to think. Woohyun deadpanned and sighed, leaving Sunggyu's food in its original spot. The two were supposedly on a date in a café and the light haired man barely gave notice to Woohyun, much less anything else besides his phone.

 

Woohyun opened his mouth to speak but closed it again, knowing it would be pointless to strike up a conversation. Sunggyu clicked send and dropped his phone on the plastic table in front of him.

 

"So," He started, "what's up?" Woohyun stared at him for a long time in silence. Sunggyu tilted his head and stared back, bringing his spoon up to his lips for the first time in the fifteen minutes they had been served.

 

"Nothing…" Woohyun breathed. "Nothing is up." Sunggyu let out a cute and innocent smile.

 

"Really? You look upset." He pointed out, taking another spoonful of soup. It must have been nearly cold because Sunggyu winced ever so slightly at the bland taste. Woohyun almost laughed at his words.

 

"No, it's just, you've been on that phone of yours the entire time." He said as best as he could put it. Woohyun honestly felt a bit upset and ignored but didn't have the heart to say that to his boyfriend. Sunggyu looked really happy talking to whoever Swan was and Woohyun couldn't find it in him to take that happiness away from him.

 

"Have I?" Sunggyu asked, voice rising. Woohyun sighed again and made a grab for the abandoned phone. The light haired man made no movement to stop him so it must have not been something to keep secret. Woohyun's eyes widened a bit as the phone came into grasp. It was hot to the touch, even on a fairly cool day like today.

 

"You've definitely been on too long." Woohyun said, turning it on to find a chat session open, and as he guessed, with Swan. "Who is Swan?"

 

Sunggyu looked up from his half empty bowl. "Whose name does it sound like? I'm pretty sure I've introduced you guys a couple of weeks ago." Woohyun was stumped. He thought for a minute before musing out loud.

 

"Baekjo? Baekjo…Baekhyung?" Woohyun asked unsurely. 

 

"Baekhyun, actually." Sunggyu corrected before swiping the warm phone out of Woohyun's hands. Woohyun quickly remembered that new guy who never stopped giving him the eye when they first met. "We became good friends recently when we learned that we both liked Nell." Sunggyu smiled, showing Woohyun a bit of their conversation.

 

The dark haired man couldn't help a grin once he saw the glint in his boyfriend's eyes. Sometimes Sunggyu knew how to be cute unconsciously and Woohyun became weak every time he would give the slightest eye-smile. He didn't have the heart to tell him to stop chatting about his interests with his friends.

 

"I see. Well, should I take you back home, then?" Woohyun suggested, noticing how both of them finished their meals. Sunggyu shoved the phone back into his pocket and nodded. They paid and headed to the nearest bus stop within a couple of minutes. Sunggyu held onto Woohyun's hand as they crossed the street. The dark haired man watched silently as his boyfriend hummed to that Nell song again.

 

"Is White Night your favorite song?" Woohyun asked, pulling his gaze from Sunggyu's side profile back to the nearing sidewalk. Sunggyu let out a laugh.

 

"I'm sorry, is it annoying?" He asked sarcastically, lightly bumping shoulders with Woohyun.

 

"No, not at all. I'm just glad you aren't on your phone anymore." Woohyun admitted, adjusting their interlaced fingers. Sunggyu looked at him, amused.

 

"Why, are you jealous that I'm not paying attention to you?" He joked. Woohyun sighed in his mind, knowing that Sunggyu hit it on the head with his statement. Maybe he was slightly jealous, sure, but that was something he would never say out loud. Without verbally answering, Woohyun shrugged and kept his vision on the oncoming bus to the bus stop a couple of feet away.

 

"You're really jealous? Seriously?" Sunggyu questioned in surprise, whipping out his phone and aiming it at Woohyun's face. He the camera and filmed a little clip of Woohyun's expression darkening as Sunggyu joked and laughed. "I can't believe my Woohyun is jealous!" He nearly snorted as he felt Woohyun pull his hand away in a hurry.

 

"Put that away." The dark haired man ordered, shoving his hand into the face of the camera. Sunggyu laughed lightly, smiling so wide it became hard to even see the whites of his eyes. Times like these made Woohyun glad he had met Sunggyu. Although he wasn't happy himself, the smile his boyfriend had on was enough to make his heart leap. He wasn't going to let Sunggyu go so easily, though.

 

They soon loaded onto the bus and found seats near the front. Sunggyu had promised to keep his phone in his jacket for the remaining time he spent with Woohyun. Woohyun would have almost forgot that he had been ignored for half of the date if it weren't for the short buzzes that would emit from Sunggyu's pocket, indicating unread messages. They didn't talk for a while, the low rumble of the bus's engine filling the silence as they stared out of the windows.

 

"So…it's almost April." Sunggyu started, fiddling with Woohyun's hand that had been resting on his knee. The dark haired man tore his gaze from the window to his boyfriend, clueless as to what he was going on about.

 

"Yeah…?"

 

Sunggyu hummed and leaned his head on Woohyun's shoulder, not minding the stares the two were receiving by a few passengers. "You never told me your birthday." He said, either attempting to change the subject he had barely touched on or trying out a different tactic. Woohyun couldn't tell. Either way, the dark haired man pushed his cheek onto Sunggyu's light brown hair and answered.

 

"February eighth, why?" He said, gaze returning to the window as he watched the bus come to a halt at another bus stop. Sunggyu seemed surprised at his answer and pulled away to stare at him.

 

"You mean it already passed?" He asked, his mouth hanging open. Woohyun leaned back to look at his either flustered or upset boyfriend. "I didn't know." Sunggyu continued, making eye contact. Woohyun raised an eyebrow at him, not understanding why he was getting so worked up.

 

"It's okay? I mean, it was before we got together so I wouldn't expect you to know." Woohyun said, watching relief slowly flood into Sunggyu's eyes. The light haired man let out a sigh and began playing with Woohyun's hand again, readjusting his position on his boyfriend's broad shoulder. "Why suddenly bring this up?"

 

"Oh, no reason, really." Sunggyu grinned awkwardly. Woohyun gave him a strange look before nodding to himself in thought. What was Sunggyu hinting about?

 

"So," he started, still trying to figure his boyfriend out, "when is your birthday?"

 

Sunggyu turned his head in such a way that his hair twisted in all directions on Woohyun's shoulder. He looked away from Woohyun's general area and gazed out of the window of the other side of the bus. "April twenty-eighth." He said in a nonchalant voice. Woohyun finally understood what he was saying and nearly broke into a chuckle.

 

"If you wanted to hint about your upcoming birthday then just say so. Besides, I already have things in mind." The dark haired man said with a smile. Sunggyu, even though he was facing away from him, looked absolutely horrified. His cheeks brightened to a light shade of pink and he let out a breathy sigh.

 

Woohyun thought of something and quickly shoveled into his pocket to find his phone. He whipped it out and soundlessly the camera.

 

"Sunggyu, look here." He directed, positioning his camera to aim at his boyfriend's flushed face. Just as he pressed record, Sunggyu looked over with a shy expression.

 

"Oh look at this, my little Sunggyu is embarrassed. How cute." Woohyun joked. Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise and his ears turned a dark shade of red.

 

"What are you doing?" He nearly shouted, making a grab for Woohyun's phone. The dark haired man released a laugh and tucked his phone in his jacket before Sunggyu could steal it and delete the video.

 

"Revenge."  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that this was short! >.< 

If you couldn't figure it out, Swan in Korean is Baekjo.