6/27

Our Sound

"Hey, Sunggyu, Woohyun." Baekhyun said weakly. The dark haired man watched as the Swan straightened his posture, but still kept his head lowered. Sunggyu nodded as a greeting, probably too nervous to trust his voice. Baekbeom eyed Woohyun until he caught his gaze. He seemed to be urging him to speak first.

 

"Look, Baekhyun, we know what you were trying to do." Woohyun said, realizing that he had no choice. Baekhyun flinched and averted his gaze away from the two. Sunggyu tightened his grip on Woohyun's hand. "Baekbeom explained everything to us."

 

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun whispered before biting his lip.

 

"We forgive you. Well, at least I do." Sunggyu pipped up, side eyeing Woohyun. Baekhyun looked startled.

 

"You do? I... no wonder I fell in love with you."

 

Woohyun's blood pulsed as he heard these words. "Do you really think this is the time to say that?" He blurted out rather harshly. Sunggyu glared lightly at him and Baekbeom sighed somewhere off to the side of the room. Baekhyun's demeanor returned to his usual cocky self in an instant.

 

"Do you really think you're needed here? You're the one who started this mess in the first place."

 

The room went still. No one dared to speak or move a muscle. Woohyun's glare never left Baekhyun's disgustingly smug face. Baekbeom was no longer in the room and Sunggyu was too shocked to do anything.

 

"I started this?" Woohyun breathed. "I started this?" His voice grew louder with rage. Sunggyu gripped his hand harder, as if he were warning him to stay quiet. The dark haired man tore his menacing gaze off of the Swan and to his entwined hand. Sunggyu, noticing where his attention was at, began to Woohyun's hand with his thumb. He had to calm down and talk peacefully if anything was going to be resolved.

 

"You're right. I started this whole thing way back when I was elementary school. I didn't know that it had caused you so much anger up until now. And for that I am..." He trailed off, not wanting to apologize to the likes of Baekhyun. He took a deep sigh and reluctantly mumbled a "sorry."

 

Sunggyu let out a smile and loosened his grip; his knuckles had turned white from all the squeezing. Baekhyun's cockiness faded again as he took in the apology. It was sincere, even if Woohyun didn't want to admit that he had technically started it, and it seemed to hit him hard. The dark haired man was done playing games. He needed this to be over and done with before Sunggyu decided to leave him to escape all this unnecessary drama.

 

Baekhyun huffed and propped his chin on his hands. "Fine. Beom said I went too far for him this time. I'm...sorry that I used revenge as an excuse to try and break you two up. I saw how happy you were, Nam Woohyun, and I couldn't believe the fact that your life seemed to be perfect and filled with happiness all the time. I...I never heard about the bullying, at least not in detail."

 

Sunggyu closed his eyes. It felt so good to hear that from Baekhyun. Baekbeom had spoken about it on the night they met, but to hear it from Baekhyun felt even better than how it felt to hear it in the first place.

 

"Since everyone is apologizing to each other, I'm sorry for leading you on. I never meant to and at the time, I didn't really know that I was. I forgot to mention I had a boyfriend when you first got close to me, and when I did, I never went into much detail. I don't know if you still have feelings for me, but, let's just be friends, okay?" Sunggyu said, sounding relieved to get it off of his chest. Baekhyun nodded, paused, and then gasped.

 

"You still want to be friends? I thought either I got you or I would be kicked out of your lives forever." Baekhyun said in disbelief. Woohyun clicked his tongue. He would rather Baekhyun be kicked out than kept as a friend.

 

"Why would you still want to be friends with this guy?" He whispered into Sunggyu's ear, causing him to shiver slightly at their proximity.

 

"Because his voice is back to red. He really means what he's saying. I can trust him." He whispered back, glancing at Baekhyun before looking at Woohyun's worried face. "Trust me."

 

"I am willing to look past what you've done, and if you want to be friends with Sunggyu, then I guess it's okay with me." Woohyun shrugged grumpily.

 

"I would still be his friend even if you weren't okay with it." Baekhyun smiled innocently, causing Sunggyu to let out a chuckle. Woohyun frowned but said nothing. This was it, they had made up. Sunggyu and Woohyun could go back to being a couple. Maybe when they get in the bus to go home they would finally get their next kiss.

 

Baekbeom reentered the room with a plate of cookies and a smile plastered on his face. "Yay, we all made up! Cookies for everyone!" He shouted with glee, passing the plate around the room before sitting on top of his brother. Baekhyun shrieked and attempted to shove him off, but Baekbeom had settled down already. Sunggyu couldn't help but laugh, something Woohyun hadn't heard in forever. The room no longer felt solemn and uncomfortable. After everyone apologized, it felt like Woohyun could breath easy. Who knows, maybe he would get his kiss today.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu smiled as his eyes traced over the last few words on the page. They did end up kissing on the bus ride to the Kim's mansion. It was short and sweet and filled with relief. They had been so distant from each other that even the smallest brush of their fingers had made Sunggyu's heart flutter. It wasn't like now was any different, it's just that he had gotten used to Woohyun's torso as he climbed into bed.

 

Taking his eyes off of the diary, Sunggyu found Woohyun's sleeping face in the darkness. His eyes were closed and his lips were parted to breathe. Sunggyu wanted to lean down at capture those lips like he had on that day. He was 100 percent sure it wouldn't feel that different. Even though they had their fair share of kisses throughout their 2 years together, each kiss never lost its meaning or feelings of pure love and affection.

 

Now since the events with Baekhyun had ended, the light haired man knew that the rest of their time together would be logged down as individual dates or when they hung out. By now, he had read almost all the way through the diary. Only five or six pages remained unread. Sunggyu had flipped to the back of the diary to see if Woohyun had written until the end, and he had. Five or six more pages until what, though? He moved onto a different diary to continue where he left off? Maybe he felt like he only had to log the first year of them dating.

 

Either way, Sunggyu was eager to relive their early dates before awkwardness faded between them. It was like looking back at school yearbooks and laughing at how young and weird you looked. Now since Sunggyu had moved into an apartment along with Woohyun and they began to share everything, it felt refreshing to take a walk down memory lane, even if it was coming to an end.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, now that that’s done, on to fluffy woogyu! I honestly don’t like writing fluff, which is why I tend to not focus on sweet and romantic moments. I like to read it, but when I try to write it, it feels like I’m not doing as best as I could be, and then deleting it. So sorry if you came here for fluff. I will try my best!