7/23 (Final Chapter)

Our Sound

Sunggyu smiled widely, remembering their first anniversary like it was yesterday. He turned to the next page of the diary in a daze, still internally laughing at what Woohyun had to put up with during the entire date. Boohyun made him do it? It was news to him. Sunggyu couldn't believe the Woohyun back then would have even attempted to go through with their little promise.

 

His eyes traveled to the next page and suddenly his heart dropped. That was it, the last page of the diary. All that sat at the back of the book was one more entry. Sunggyu didn't know what the feeling that washed over him was, but he didn't like it. He wanted to read more. He needed to. Should he go looking for a second diary? Maybe there was a hint to where Woohyun hid it on the last page.

 

The clock behind his head was lit up with the numbers 4:58 a.m. Sunggyu wished he could reverse time and start again at the beginning, where Woohyun wrote that silly note.

 

Today is the first week anniversary with Kim Sunggyu. He bought me this diary as a present. I like it, but I have no clue what to do with it. I never wrote down my feelings before and it feels silly to do…I don't know if I will continue to use it. Maybe a few times to make Sunggyu happy, but that's it.

 

As it turned out, Woohyun had used his diary until the last of the paper ran out. Sunggyu ran a hand up Woohyun's back as he slept. Thank you, he wanted to tell the sleeping man, thank you for making our memories last. It wasn't until he had his fill of gently rubbing Woohyun's back that he picked the diary back up. He was ready to finish it.

 

7/23, he read. Wait, wasn't that yesterday's date? Sunggyu glanced at the clock. Yeah, yesterday was 7/23. Weird. Woohyun hadn't written in the diary for over a year. With a deep breath, Sunggyu brought the book up to his eyes and began reading the ink handwriting that hadn't changed since the first page. It was almost cute of Woohyun's handwriting not changing despite it being two years.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Today, me and Sunggyu got up early and jogged around the park. Our apartment is right near the Han river so we stopped there for a break. He's really gotten stronger both emotionally and physically thanks to this relationship. I guess he's helped me, too.

 

Sometimes, when I think back to how we met, I get scared. What if Sunggyu didn't have his synesthesia? What if he didn't bump into Boohyun and understand that red means amazing? What if he got scared off by my early attitude towards him? All these things crowd my brain at night. It's been going on for as long as I remember being with him. It's not his fault, in fact, it's just my silly anxiety.

 

I'm....I'm thinking about tying the knot. Sunggyu knows I love him and he still wears his promise ring so I know he loves me, too. I don't want to rush this, I mean, we've only known each other for a couple of years. We're both out of college, but I still feel like a child in this world of adults. How would I know if we could work out for the rest of our lives? I guess Boohyun took this risk and married his girlfriend, anyway. Maybe I shouldn't back down or second guess myself.

 

Sunggyu, I know you're reading this. I left this diary out on purpose. I'm probably not awake right now and you've most likely been reading this late at night. I keep hearing you wake up in the middle of the night and I don't know what else to do. What's bothering you? Why can't you sleep peacefully? I want to ask you this when morning comes, but I just act as if nothing is wrong. To be honest, I don't even know if there is anything wrong. Today, though, I wanted to make my silence up to you.

 

How did you like remembering all of the small things? I read through them right before I wrote this, so they are fresh in my mind. I know what to do now because of it.


 

Kim Sunggyu, will you marry me?

 

I've been writing down my feelings in here for a long time, but I still can't manage to speak a word of it out loud. So read this and imagine me telling this to you. You helped me when I needed it most. I can't thank you enough for that, but that's not the reason I stayed with you. I fell in love with you the moment I felt your hand as I took Boohyun's phone out of it on the day I met you. Back then I thought, wow, he's handsome. Too bad he likes my brother. You don't know how lucky I felt when you decided that I was your friend. I needed your help and support, yes, but I needed you more. And I still do. So please take this into consideration. You can wake up tomorrow and pretend you didn't read a thing and I'll know that you're not ready for it, and that's okay with me. I'm stronger now, too, you know. I can handle it.

 

The page is running out, so I have to say this fast. Remember that fortune I told you about? I would find my future with the one that shines brighter than the sun? Well, that person is you, the boy with synesthesia who fell into my life through an accident. I don't know if we could grow old together and I can't promise happiness all the time, but I do know that I will love you regardless. I know this now. Baekhyun has proven to me that we can make it out of the ugliest of situations.

 

So I guess that's it. I'll either hear your answer in the morning or continue to leave this diary out for nights to come when you wake up from a restless sleep. I love you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu had tears in his eyes by the time he got halfway down the page. His breath had gone ragged and he couldn't help a loud sniffle. Woohyun really loved him. He hadn't been completely sure anymore. Sunggyu rubbed the tears off of his cheeks roughly and placed the diary back on the desk beside the bed.

 

He wanted to get married. Woohyun hadn't been losing interest in Sunggyu at all, in fact, he had been gaining more and more as time went on. The light haired man could say the same for himself. Woohyun had been someone to rely on and cherish in the beginning. Now he was the light of his world. How funny, Woohyun had said something similar in his entry. Sunggyu thought back to the horoscope that led them to meeting on that fateful night.

 

Live life at its full potential. If you are stuck in an infinite loop of repeating days, find the one who shines as bright as the red rising sun. With them, life will surprise you with each passing day.

 

That horoscope was a lie. Ever since they moved in together and long before that, life had continued as normal. Sure, there were ups and downs that surprised him, but most days were bland and mixed into each other, especially when Woohyun wasn't around. So yes, the horoscope was a lie.

 

But at least it was sort of true. Find the one who shines as bright as the red rising sun, huh? That statement oddly stuck in his head. Woohyun gave his life meaning and acceptance, Sunggyu knew this. If it weren't for him, he would have been stuck with a dull white voice. Blue was a gift from Woohyun that no one else could give.

 

A red puff of smoke rose into the air and Woohyun mumbled something in his sleep before turning his head on the pillow. Sunggyu stared at it for a long time, watching as it billowed and dissipated into the cold night air. He felt himself choke up again and he nodded slowly. Woohyun was the light of his world, his red sun man.

 

"Get up." Sunggyu shook Woohyun's body. When the other didn't wake up, Sunggyu began punching and kicking, tears flowing freely down his face. "Get up! How dare you leave me like this and not wake up!" He yelled, eventually pushing Woohyun off the other side of the bed.

 

There was a loud thump and then silence. Sunggyu sat up in shock and looked over the edge of the mattress. Woohyun let out a painful groan and stood up, holding his shoulder like it hurt. The light haired man felt a tinge of regret, but was still upset.

 

"What did you do that for?" Woohyun asked, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the dim room. Sunggyu huffed and looked away. The dark haired man raised his eyebrows before sighing.

 

"You know exactly why I did that." Sunggyu retorted, frowning. Woohyun walked over to his side of the bed and Sunggyu glared at him with glassy eyes. "You know..." He trailed off, unable to speak anymore. His throat felt tight and his eyes burned.

 

Woohyun wordlessly stopped in front of Sunggyu and bent down on one knee. The light haired man felt his heart pulse in his ears when he realized what position that was.

 

"You...what do you think you're doing?" Sunggyu asked, holding his hands to his mouth. Woohyun let out a low grunt.

 

"I'm proposing to you at five in the morning, what does it look like?" He said flatly, lifting his hands up into the moonlight. Sunggyu gasped when he saw a small black box with a white cushion appear from the dark. Something resting in the middle of the cushion reflected the light of the moon and Sunggyu nearly broke down crying. Woohyun bit his lip and waited patiently for his boyfriend's answer.

 

"You read the diary, right? Or do I need to repeat myself?" He asked when Sunggyu refused to move from his spot on the bed. "I love you, Kim Sunggyu. Will you marry me?"

 

"Yes...yes, I do. I will. Woohyun, stand up." The light haired man answered weakly. His throat was still closed shut from the crying. Woohyun stood up with a wide smile on his face. He leaned in and placed the ring gently and carefully onto Sunggyu's ring finger, replacing the old promise ring.

 

The room felt heavy, but not with awkwardness or tension. No, it was filled with love. Sunggyu sniffled and Woohyun bent down to wipe the tears. His face came so close, dumb smile and all. Sunggyu couldn't just sit there and wait until Woohyun finished cleaning his face. And with no seconds to spare, their lips locked in a meaningful kiss. It tasted salty because of his tears, but it was quickly overrun by sweetness. Woohyun took the lead and pulled them closer, pressing his bare torso onto Sunggyu.

 

They pulled away for air, but Sunggyu went in for more. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the short butterfly kisses they shared. He really loved Woohyun. The dark haired man broke the kiss and climbed back onto the bed, pushing Sunggyu down before kissing him again and again. He must have been really happy that Sunggyu accepted.

 

Sunggyu looked into Woohyun's innocent eyes. A purple cloud hovered above his head from earlier. He couldn't help but smile, watching as how Woohyun's face turned a bright red, lips swelling from their kisses. This was the life he wanted. Just him and Woohyun being together forever. They didn't need surprises everyday. Sunggyu wouldn't mind going back and living through an infinite loop of days as long as Woohyun was by his side.

 

"I love you."


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That was really hard to write I was fangirling the whole time. You know that feeling when your stomach does the flips? Yeah....that was me the entire time I wrote this, which took about 2 hours.

 

Well that's it! I hoped you guys liked it! Maybe I'll go back and read TCoS because I forgot almost all of what I wrote hahaha~

 

Thank you so much to everyone who has been with me from the start! I'm so thankful to everyone that leaves comments, good or bad, and subscribes. It means so much and it motivates me to try harder with writing even though I'm not necessarily good at it. I love you guys sooooo much!!!!

 

I'll be taking a couple of days off before I start up my new fic, but I will post the forward today after I post this. Aaaaah I feel sad that it's ending. But yay! Happy ending~

 

That's it for now. See you all later! ^^

 

Edit:

May I remind everyone not to unsub after you finish reading because it is extremely uncool.

Here is the link to my new fanfic!