6/10 - 6/13

Our Sound

"So let me go over this again. You see colors when people speak in the form of smoke." Woohyun said. Sunggyu nodded. "And it's because of your synthesizer?"

 

"Synesthesia." Sunggyu corrected. Woohyun opened his mouth slightly as he tried to find the difference in words.

 

"And my voice is red." The dark haired man confirmed. Sunggyu nodded again. "Is this why I always catch you staring at my lips?" Woohyun asked. Sunggyu looked bewildered.

 

"I do not. And if I am, then yes, I am looking at your voice." He said, cheeks flushing a light pink. Woohyun could have almost laughed if they weren't in this situation right now.

 

"So how does my voice tell you that I'm telling the truth?" Woohyun asked, remembering what Sunggyu had said earlier. The light haired man thought for a bit and pursed his lips.

 

"I can't really explain it, but I am constantly seeing people's voices. When I first met you, I couldn't see your voice. But after a while, you started opening up to me and I saw your bright red smoke." Sunggyu explained. Woohyun stared at him blankly, not understanding what he was trying to say. The light haired man sighed.

 

"I think when you started to trust me, you started speaking from your true self and not from your, as you said, 'cruel mask' facade, the color of your voice became visible. What I mean is, because of your ability to hide your feelings, I am able to tell when you mean things you say or not." Sunggyu finished. Woohyun tilted his head to one side and began registering what his boyfriend had just explained.

 

"I think I understand. But then, back when you dragged me behind your school building, you didn't believe me. I wasn't lying." Woohyun said, thinking back to Sunggyu's actions on that day. It stung at his heart to think that they had almost broke up because of that day. In fact, they might as well been split if it weren't for Boohyun calling Sunggyu over.

 

"I couldn't see your voice then. But when I went back to my friends, I could see theirs just fine. That's why I couldn't believe you. I went home and talked with Sungjong, to which he helped me research my condition on the Internet."

 

"And?" Woohyun urged. Sunggyu sighed. The look on his face was filled with emotions like regret and shame.

 

"And we found out that when I feel strongly for something or someone, my condition can turn itself off and on because of the change in brainwaves." Sunggyu spoke, his voice no louder than the birds chirping outside.

 

"Why are you getting so upset about this?" Woohyun asked, staring into Sunggyu's sad eyes. He really didn't understand this whole seeing voices thing, but he couldn't understand why Sunggyu was getting worked up about it even more.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doubting and leaving you. I must have hurt you so much. I didn't know anything but chose to believe my close friend over my boyfriend without talking to you first." Sunggyu started spewing words all at once and Woohyun could hardly keep up with everything he was saying. The dark haired man moved without thinking and pulled Sunggyu into his feeble embrace.

 

"Don't apologize. You were hurt, too. If I was in your situation, I might have done the same thing. It's not your fault." Woohyun said, trying to reassure the quivering man in his arms. Sunggyu huffed and leaned into the dark haired man's chest.

 

"Baekhyun's last name is Byun." Sunggyu said suddenly, as if the fact just occurred to him.

 

"What?" Woohyun asked. Sunggyu pulled away and stared at him with wide eyes.

 

"You said Chanyeol's best friend had the last name Byun, right? And Baekhyun said he knew you but didn't talk to you at that time. Do you think...?" Sunggyu blinked as Woohyun looked down in thought.

 

"I don't think Baekhyun was his name, though." Woohyun sighed. He was sure it wasn't Baekhyun. Sunggyu bit down on his bottom lip as he thought.

 

"We should talk to him." Sunggyu decided. Woohyun looked at him strangely. "I mean, I should talk to him. You can be listening in through my cellphone or something. If what he says is true, then maybe you do know him after all."

 

"I didn't hit on everybody in high school and I would most definitely not hit on him." Woohyun said feeling a little exasperated.

 

"And I believe you. But I'd like to know why he would make that up and if there was any hidden truth behind it." Sunggyu said, his voice stern. Woohyun sighed, knowing that the light haired man had made up his mind.

 

"I better go home. I'll text you later, okay?" Sunggyu said quickly after checking the time on Woohyun's bedside clock. The dark haired man nodded and stood up with Sunggyu. "Bye Woohyun." He said, giving a faint smile before hurrying out of the room.

 

Woohyun stood in his spot awkwardly. Did they just get back together? More importantly, did Sunggyu just suggest a plan that one would find in a spy movie?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Thanks for coming with me. I've been meaning to eat here, but I never got the chance." Sunggyu said to Baekhyun. Woohyun was listening in on their conversation from a table hidden behind a wall. Sunggyu was lying. It wasn't a big lie, but it might make Baekhyun feel special for being the one invited to go and not Woohyun.

 

The two men texted each other days later from their emotional conversation deciding on how to get Baekhyun to talk. Sunggyu mentioned how Baekhyun liked the attention being on him, so maybe that would make him feel like talking. The dark haired man insisted that he be there in person instead of hearing their conversation over cellphone, as it could end up being faulty. So, the two decided to visit Meok & Sam with Baekhyun instead. It was convenient for Woohyun, and Sunggyu knew how to get there without trouble. All they had to do was keep a few details secret.

 

"No, not at all. Thanks for inviting me." Replied Baekhyun with a cheery tone of voice. The men sat down and idly chatted until one of the waiters took their order. Sunggyu, who knew his order from the second he sat down, ordered without hesitation. Woohyun sighed to himself as he eavesdropped on the two. Sunggyu was being too obvious.

 

"Wow, Sunggyu. You know just what to order, don't you." Baekhyun said, probably raising an eyebrow. The light haired man let out an awkward laugh.

 

"I've heard it was good from Woohyun. I haven't been here before, if you think I lied." Sunggyu said with a smile. Woohyun rolled his eyes and flipped through his phone mindlessly. At least he knew to never trust Sunggyu with keeping something a secret again. Since Meok & Sam was their ideal place for this meeting, Sunggyu had to be cautious of what he was saying to Baekhyun, as the other didn't know Woohyun was tied to the restaurant. It was probably in their favor if that swan didn't know he was taken to Woohyun's brother's store to confess about his lies.

 

"Oh, that guy." Baekhyun said, voice falling flat. Even though the dark haired man couldn't see his expression, he was sure it was deadpanned. "Let's not talk about that guy right now."

 

"Actually, I was hoping we could use this time to talk about him." Sunggyu said. Baekhyun didn't respond for a while and Woohyun glanced over his should. It was useless, though, as the wall covered his view of the couple around the corner.

 

"I think," Sunggyu started again, "I need more of your side of the story. I already talked to him about this." He said slowly, possibly easing into the fact that Woohyun and Sunggyu had gotten together to sort things out. Baekhyun surely wouldn't be happy with that. There came a grunt before a pause in their conversation.

 

"Okay." Baekhyun said. Sunggyu must have made a face at him during the silence. Oh, how Woohyun wished he could see what was going on right now. "What do you want me to clear up for you? I'm all right with starting from the beginning again if that would make you believe me and leave that creep."

 

"Great, because that's exactly where I want to start from." Sunggyu said. His voice came out light and almost happy sounding, but Woohyun was sure it was just an act. Sunggyu wasn't happy with this situation at all. "I wanted you to go deeper than what you told me in the text. You said you knew Woo – uh, that guy, back in elementary school." Sunggyu said. There was a short pause for Baekhyun to acknowledge the statement before the other went on.

 

"Can you tell me how you met him? Leave no detail out."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry for the short chapter (but honestly all my chapters are short I'm so sorry). Well, Baekhyun's part of the story next time. Aaaaaah I have finals tomorrow and I don't wanna studyyyyyy