2/21 - 2/24

Our Sound

Sunggyu stirred awake. The clock next to the bed showed that it was nearing three in the morning. He couldn't sleep this entire week. The light brown haired man looked over his shoulder to his boyfriend, who was curled up next to him, sound asleep. The room was nearly pitch black and he could barely make out the other's relaxed features in the moonlight.

 

Sunggyu planted his head back onto his pillow and blankly scanned the bedroom for something to do while he was awake. He unconsciously glanced at the bedside table and noticed the shadow of something he rarely ever got the chance to see. Unwrapping his arms from Woohyun's torso, he shifted to the edge of the bed and reached over, trying to make subtle movements to not bother the sleeping man next to him.

 

As he suspected, it was Woohyun's diary; one Sunggyu had bought for him a week after they became a couple for their one-week anniversary. The dark haired man was not one to share his thoughts and emotions so freely, which was why he kept the diary very, very secret. It was strange how he had gone to bed forgetting to hide it like he usually did.

 

With the book in his hand, Sunggyu turned his body so the light from the digital clock illuminated the writing on the cover. His mind told him to stop before he could read something he shouldn't have and risk the possibility of ruining their relationship, but his fingers had already slipped in between the cover and the first page, ready to indulge themselves into unknown territory.

 

Being extra careful to keep the cracking of the spine to a minimum, the light haired man slowly opened the diary and read the first entry. Woohyun had marked the date at the top corner along with the title "One Week".

 

Today is the first week anniversary with Kim Sunggyu. He bought me this diary as a present. I like it, but I have no clue what to do with it. I never wrote down my feelings before and it feels silly to do…I don't know if I will continue to use it. Maybe a few times to make Sunggyu happy, but that's it.

 

Um…I guess I will write about what we did today. Sunggyu and I went to the park for a date. Since it's only been a week, there is nothing much to celebrate so we just sat down and talked. I learned that Sunggyu likes to hum to himself when he thinks I'm not listening. I recognized the tune but had to wait until I got home to search it up. Turns out it was a song by Nell called White Night.

 

Anyway, I should go to bed now.

 

Sunggyu couldn't hold back a smile as he read the abrupt ending. He remembered their date clearly. Woohyun looked as if he was constantly zoning out and it slowly started to get on his nerves. He looked at the man lying near him on the bed and his heart skipped a beat like it had done for almost two years now. Yes, Sunggyu and Woohyun had been dating for two years. It was hard to believe that they didn't get bored of each other's awkwardness.

 

The light brown haired man flipped the page and started on the next entry, which was dated a couple of days after the first. He recognized the event soon after he started reading and fixed his position to get the lighting just right. Sunggyu found himself slipping into a vivid flashback of their date, but strangely, it was in Woohyun's point of view based off of what was written in the diary.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Woohyun walked up to the Kim's mansion, hesitating to knock on the front door. It was a few days since he had seen Sunggyu, and he felt the need to meet up with him. Earlier that day, he had texted his new boyfriend asking if he needed any help with school work, to which the other had responded with an emoji of a bunny looking helpless under a stack of workbooks and test papers with the caption 'help me'.

 

They had decided to meet at 11 o'clock. Woohyun glanced down at his wristwatch, which showed the agreed time. Realizing that he probably looked like a fool for just standing outside staring at a door, Woohyun stepped closer and knocked. Not long after, one of the Kim's maids opened the door and greeted him.

 

"Good morning, sir. Sunggyu is waiting in his room." She said, stepping aside to let him in. Woohyun nodded and head for the spiral staircase without giving the maid a second glance. Although he had warmed up to Sunggyu, Woohyun was still extremely distant from everyone else. He could tell that a lot of the staff employed in the mansion didn't like him much, which wasn't too uncommon, but it felt weird to always see them watching him.

 

Woohyun made his way to a familiar dark-wood door and opened it, knowing that Sunggyu didn't care if he knocked or not. To hardly his surprise, the room had all of its curtains drawn and a figure wrapped in blankets on the bed. He sighed and strode over, ripping the many comforters off one by one until Sunggyu groaned and reached for Woohyun's hand, hoping to make him stop.

 

"It's time to get up, idiot." The dark haired man said, watching as the figure beneath the covers threw a pillow at where he thought Woohyun was standing.

 

"What time is it?" A hoarse voice called. Suddenly, Sunggyu rose to a sitting position and pulled the covers off of his face. Soon after, his phone emerged with the time lighting up the screen. Woohyun watched in silence as the light haired man desperately tried to keep his eyes open, but sleep beckoned him back in. It was quite amusing, but he knew he would have to wake Sunggyu up or else they would never get through all of the studying they had planned.

 

"Did I wake you up this morning by texting you? I forgot you slept in late during the weekends." Woohyun asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He unconsciously started to rub Sunggyu's covered leg as he waited for a response. After a while of doing nothing, his boyfriend slowly dragged himself off the bed and trudged to the bathroom, where he locked in himself for a couple of minutes.

 

When he came out, Woohyun had already set up the desk with material they were going to review – most of it being English. Sunggyu sank down in one of the chairs and noticed that the other man was reading his assigned English book for the semester.

 

"Oh, The Great Gatsby." He commented. Woohyun looked up and put the book on the desk.

 

"It's a good book. I read it while I stayed in America." The dark haired man shrugged. "So, what do you want to cover first?" He asked, noticing how much more awake Sunggyu looked after those few minutes.

 

"I was struggling on a few words that have a lot of letters." The light haired man confessed, pointing to a paper listing some English words. Woohyun read through a few of them and smirked.

 

"You also seem to have problems with spelling." He said playfully. "It's immediately, not immidiately."

 

Sunggyu scowled and pushed the paper under one of his folders, embarrassed. Woohyun enjoyed watching the many expressions that crossed the other's face while he scrambled to find something else to focus on.

 

"We'll work on that later. Here, We have to memorize a part of a play for next class." Sunggyu said, passing a booklet to Woohyun. "I have Romeo's part. My partner is Juliet so read her lines." He said, directing the other to the correct stanza.

 

"Ay me!" Woohyun began, reading off of Juliet's script. Sunggyu joined in after a short pause.

 

"She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air." He recited with ease despite the strange words.

 

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." Woohyun said in a monotone voice. Sunggyu seemed to be only focused on memorizing his lines and not acting the part, so he didn't put much emotion into his words. Speaking the English was easy for him so he listened carefully to the other's parts. Woohyun could tell how much Sunggyu had improved on pronunciation since the last time they practiced.

 

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak like this?" The light haired man went on, raising his eyebrows a little when something sounded off to him. He went over the line again but he still looked troubled.

 

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?" Woohyun read off from the booklet, correcting Sunggyu's mistake. The other nodded slowly, as if he were repeating it in his mind.

 

"All right, let's move on."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu was pulled from the flashback when the entry of the diary ended. He couldn't help but smile as he remembered how long they spent going over that scene. He couldn't get one of his lines for the longest time. They eventually stopped to eat lunch before focusing on his terrible spelling before revisiting Romeo and Juliet again. Sunggyu looked at his boyfriend's figure in the dark room before turning the page and reading on, a permanent grin etched onto his lips.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Happy first chapter! ^^ So I decided to write the story as if Sunggyu is looking back on his days with Woohyun through the diary. Most of the chapters will start directly as the event written. Also, the story will be written in Woohyun's point of view until Sunggyu takes a break from reading the diary, so don't get too confused!

Thank you to all my readers who subbed early and patiently waited for the sequel to come out! I hope you like it so far! The forward will be explained along the way so don't worry~