Campout

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

I'M LIKE 2 DAYS LATE FOR KOOKIE'S B-DAY, BUT HERE'S A FUN CHAPTER DEDICATED TO HIS 18TH/19TH BIRTHDAY.

  

 

Summer’s over and the first month of college has been absolutely tiring, but things were about to change because today was September 1st! It’s not a holiday (not really), Tae has just been hinting about doing something special for Jung Kook’s birthday. It’s a really important day because Jung Kook was officially 18! I even sent him a little something-something to the P.O. Box Taehyung had listed in the description box on his YouTube page. 

 

I decided to forgo listening to my ancient professor drone on in my British literature lecture class to watch V’s new video. He would never know that I’m not actually taking notes, thank God I decided to sit in the very back of the gigantic class. I giggled as I read the title, ‘Weird Boyfriend=Weird Presents.’ ‘Oh God, what kind of foolishness did TaeTae get Jung Kookie?’ I thought with an amused shake of my head as I clicked on the video.

 

I did my best to bite back a squeal as Jung Kook appeared on my laptop screen wearing a big gilded plastic crown that said, ‘Birthday Prince’ on it, he looked stupidly handsome and I swear his hair got darker and silkier every time I saw it. “Happy birthday to me!” he said with a smile showcasing his bunny teeth, “It’s midnight and I’m officially 18, that means I’m legal here in the states…but if I was still in Korea I would’ve been legal and able to drink by now.” 

 

I rolled my eyes, everybody trying to grow up all fast. Just be happy you can vote!

 

“Anyways, I got lots of packages from you guys and we’ll be uploading a separate video for that, thanks in advance for all the birthday love,” he said with a dashing wink which made me swoon. “You’re welcome baby, enjoy your special snapback,” I whispered tickling the screen. Jung Kook chuckled, “Speaking of presents, Taehyungie got me the strangest gifts this year,” he continued as he picked up something off the floor, “A tent.” He was holding up the packaging for his gift, “Deluxe king-sized camping tent. Fits up to 6 people,” I mumbled out what I could see on the label. 

 

Jung Kook gave me a very stale face as he set the box down, “Can I be honest with you?” he asked twiddling his thumbs in his lap. I quickly nodded. “Honestly speaking, I love how odd hyung is. His weirdness makes him who he is, but we live in an apartment complex nowhere near any mountains or campgrounds and his car is practically on its last leg. Why did he think this tent was a good idea?” Jung Kook asked with a shake of his head, “Which brings me to my next question. Why in the hell did he buy me a s’mores pot, too?” 

 

He also lifted up that box for me to see, “Portable S’mores Kiln, complete with 4 skewers and 4 trays to catch all your gooey goodness,” I chuckled at that last part. The gifts are kind of cute in my opinion, they could come in handy one day...if they ever decided to venture into the woods. “What was hyung thinking?” he asked with another shake of his head. ‘Obviously he bought the s’mores thing to go along with the tent, duh,’ I mentally answered. It made perfect sense to me.

 

The front door burst open behind Jung Kook and a cheery Taehyung poked his head inside, “Jung Kookie, come with me,” he ordered through a wide smile. “Wait, when did you go outside, hyung?” the younger asked in confusion, turning to look at his sneaky boyfriend. “Hurry up Jung Kookie, grab some shoes and come with me,” Taehyung said coming to stand behind his boyfriend. 

 

What was TaeTae so excited about? What was he up to? 

 

Jung Kook looked up at the elder, “Why?” he questioned, “I’m doing a video.” Taehyung bent down, hooked his arms under the younger’s armpits, and hoisted him onto his feet causing him to drop the camera. “You ask too many questions, just do as I say and bring the camera with you,” I heard Taehyung say authoritatively. All I could see was their feet and the corner of the s’mores box, I had no idea what was going on. I saw Tae’s hands reach down and grab the box before leaving. I could identify them by just their hands now, it was so bad, I shook my head in minor disappointment. 

 

Jung Kook picked up the camera again and focused on his perplexed face, “So apparently I’m going outside now. My boyfriend is clearly up to something,” he informed me through a frown. He turned the camera on his feet as he toed on his Timberland boots, “I guess this’ll be a surprise for us all because I have no idea what he has up his sleeve,” he mumbled before heading out the door.

 

I watched Jung Kook take the metal steps two at a time, like an eager child. That was all I was allowed to see at this point, he really needed to work on his camera skills. “What the hell?” I heard him laugh out. ‘What? What? I mentally yelled. He finally lifted his camera so I could see the big tent set up in the corner of the complex’s parking lot. “Happy birthday Jeon Jung Kookie!” someone yelled from the side. Jung Kook panned over to show Taehyung, hottie Jimin, and a new very fine friend. I thought I had met all of their friends, turns out the y Six were actually the Sinful Seven. 

 

“Hobi-hyung? Jiminnie-hyung? What are you doing here?” Jung Kook asked focusing on his cheesing boyfriend and friends. “We came for a night under the stars with the birthday maknae,” Jimin revealed as he walked toward his friend with arms opened wide, his ecstatic eye-smile giving me life. “Oh God,” I heard Jung Kook groan as he was pulled into a tight squeeze and, even though I couldn’t see it, I knew he was rolling his eyes. 

 

Taehyung snatched the camera from his helpless boyfriend and held it up over his and their unknown friend’s heads. “Annyeong-haseyo my pretty viewers,” he greeted happily as he flashed his ‘V’ sign, “This is a really good friend guys. Hoseok-hyung say hello.” Hoseok may have had the most radiant smile I’ve ever seen in all my 20 years of life, it was beautiful. He was beautiful, with his shining dark brown eyes, fluffy dark brown hair, pretty pink lips, and gorgeous sun-kissed skin. I think I found my new religion. I seriously needed to take a trip to TaeTae’s neck of the woods, it was slowly becoming my main priority.

 

“Hello people,” Hoseok greeted with a wink and a y husky voice. He adjusted his green knit beanie, smiled, and waved, “Nice to meet you and for the ladies out there: I’m 21, single, and ready to mingle. My star sign is Aquarius, I’m a hop-hop dancer, I’m a junior in college, I’m a manly gentleman, and I love long walks on the beach.” I’m pretty sure I melted into a puddle in my seat, I could so be his girlfriend. “Yah, don’t use my innocent channel to pick up women,” Taehyung scolded through a giggle.

 

He and his very single friend walked over to the back of a jeep, I assumed it was Hoseok’s. “Look at all the goodies we have for Kookie’s parking lot campout tonight,” Taehyung said getting a shot of the back of the open jeep. Plenty of blankets, junk food, and sodas were present for tonight’s festivities, these guys were going to be so wired. “I’m going to set you in the box while I carry it OK?” he warned me as he set his camera down in the box of tooth-decaying food. “Hobi, grab the blankets and meet me at the tent,” he ordered as he walked off.

 

“Hey, where are Yoongi-hyung, Namjoon-hyung, and Jin-hyung?” Jung Kook asked curiously as they regrouped in front of the big blue tent, he had the camera again. “Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung refused to sleep outside and Namjoonie refused to sleep without Jin, so they all promised to come over in the morning. Jin-hyung even promised to make you a very special birthday breakfast,” Hoseok explained as he helped to unfold the portable chairs he’d brought.

 

They ended up setting up shop outside the tent, occupying the full parking space right beside their tent. They decided not to use the s’mores pot inside of the tent because they were afraid of dying from carbon monoxide poisoning. Jimin tore open a bag of chips and got as comfy as he could in the flimsy chair, “Are you having fun yet, Jung Kookie?” he asked reaching to pat his muscular thigh.

 

Jung Kook nodded as he leaned forward to roasted a marshmallow over the small open flame created by the elevated s’mores pot, “This is an awesome way to start off my birthday,” he admitted through a smile, “I gotta say that when TaeTae first gave me all this camping stuff I was a little annoyed because I thought he was just being extra random, but I should’ve known that he had something more creative planned. Thanks hyung.” 

 

Hoseok was holding the camera now and had zoomed in on the youngest, “Shouldn’t you be apologizing to him too?” he queried. Jung Kook silently smashed the golden marshmallow between Taehyung’s awaiting graham crackers and chocolate, “You don’t have to if you don’t want to Jung Kookie,” Taehyung assured with a shrug, “I know I’m hard to follow sometimes.” He smashed his crackers around the marshmallow before handing the sticky treat over to the younger.  

 

“No, I am sorry hyung. I didn’t have faith in you and I actually thought you may have lost your mind. So next time I’ll keep my confidence,” he promised as he accepted the s’more on his cheap paper plate. “Kiss, kiss, kiss,” Hoseok and Jimin chanted happily. ‘Kiss, kiss, kiss,’ I mentally joined in, it was just what I needed to keep going. Jung Kook blushed as he leaned over and quickly pecked Taehyung’s cheek. “Aww, that was terrible,” Hoseok complained, he turned the camera to himself to show me his look of pure disapproval and disgust at their poor display of affection.

 

I giggled, even with his face all twisted up he was still attractive. “Yea c’mon now, Jung Kookie! You’re an adult now, kiss him like one!” Jimin cosigned loudly with a strong fist pump causing the hood of his jacket to fall off his head. Jung Kook covered his face with his birthday crown in embarrassment, “You guys are really too much,” he whined out. Even though he was clearly uncomfortable, his friends were relentless, “Kiss him properly or we’ll keep your gifts for ourselves,” Jimin threatened through a devious smile. “Aw come on guys, don’t pressure him like that,” Taehyung defended swatting Hoseok’s arm, “You know he’s shy.”

 

I smiled at that, even though I would love to see their PDA, I was so proud to see Tae come to his boyfriend’s rescue. It was cute how he always took care of him. 

 

“True, even though Kookie’s 18 he still has the mentality of a 17 year old,” Hoseok teased, “He’s still our cute little maknae.” Jung Kook narrowed his eyes at Hoseok, seems like he took that statement as a challenge…must be Virgo nature. He grabbed the back of Taehyung’s neck and planted a big kiss right on his lips and it lasted for at least 8 seconds! Out of reflex, I quickly slammed my laptop shut! I got a couple stares from my classmates at my spasms. I blushed and slowly opened my laptop again, ‘You need to learn how to control your fangirl mode. Got me looking crazy as hell in this man’s class,’ I chastised myself as I pushed play on the video again. 

 

“Wah daebak,” Jimin cheered proudly and began to applaud the younger, “Good job, Jeon Jung Kookie.” Jung Kook looked very accomplished, though he couldn’t mask his bright red blush. Taehyung chuckled and began to roast his own marshmallow next, “You’re too easy sometimes,” he said with a shake of his head, but I’m sure he truly enjoyed the kiss (his goofy grin was proof enough). 

 

“So where are my presents?” Jung Kook asked his friends, “Don’t think I forgot.” Hoseok passed over the camera to Jung Kook and I watched as he got up and headed into the tent with Jimin in tow. Jung Kook turned the camera on his boyfriend, “Hyung, I really do appreciate all of this,” he reassured. “You already said that! I get it, you feel bad, it’s OK Kookie,” Taehyung laughed out before shoving the rest of his sticky treat into his mouth. He looked like a big kid and it was so cute.

 

Jimin and Hoseok returned with boxes and wide smiles as they placed them down before Jung Kook, “Happy birthday little brother,” Hoseok said. Taehyung took the camera from his boyfriend, I felt like I’d virtually sat in everyone’s lap at this point. Why were they passing the camera around so much? I watched Taehyung’s hand reach over and replace the crown on his boyfriend’s head, “Open your gifts,” he instructed patting his shoulder. 

 

“Open mine first,” Jimin requested as he scooted his seat closer to the beloved maknae and placed his pretty black and red wrapped present in the younger’s lap. Jung Kook eagerly tore open the small box and peered inside. “Wah daebak hyung,” he said as he pulled out two video games: one for his PC and the other for his PlayStation 4, “I’ve been meaning to get both of these.” He excitedly examined the covers for each game, looked like he had his weekend planned. I watched as Jimin leaned in and pointed at his cheek, “Glad you like them, now give hyungie a thank you kiss,” he requested.

 

Jung Kook rolled his eyes, “You do the most sometimes,” he complained and nudged Jimin away. ‘I will gladly kiss you Jimin…and your squishy boyfriend…and the rest of your attractive crew,’ I silently volunteered. “Yah Jiminnie, you’re supposed to be my date tonight,” Hoseok cutely pouted as he threw his arms around the younger’s shoulders. Jimin groaned and fought the elder away, “Go away hyung, I don’t want you,” he whined over Hoseok’s gleeful laughter. “I want him,” I mumbled to myself, “I want you all. Please take me.” 

 

Taehyung turned the camera around to show his exasperated face, “This will be the most epic love triangle you will ever see,” he informed me, “Hoseok wants Jimin, who only wants Jung Kook, who only wants to be left alone.” He rolled his eyes and shook his head before turning the camera back on his friends. “Hey I’d settle for you too, Taehyungie,” Hoseok said as he blew the current cameraman a kiss. I heard Taehyung make a sound of dissatisfaction before his baritone spoke up again, “Open your other gift, jagi.”

 

Jung Kook picked up Hoseok’s gift and ripped it open. Inside the box was a stack of neatly folded assortment of plain t-shirts: red, black, and white, and a pair of scissors. Jung Kook chuckled while I raised a confused brow. What the hell type of present was that? If you asked me, I’d say Hoseok’s gift is weirder than Tae’s. Taehyung turned the camera around to face himself again, “Lately, Jung Kook and I have been randomly slashing our t-shirts. It’s become our new aesthetic,” he explained. ‘Ah, OK,’ I thought in understanding. “Thanks Hobi-hyung,” he said slapping hands with the elder.

 

There was another cut scene and the boys were now laying vertical in the tent sleeping, except for Hoseok. The camera had been switched to night-mode and Hoseok was tiredly smiling into the camera. He was the iest green person I’ve ever seen. “The time now is 3:15 AM,” he huskily whispered out (and I thought Tae’s sleepy voice was irresistible), “And as you can see all of my kids are finally asleep. Jiminnie was the last to go down, it’s hard for him to sleep without Yoongi-hyung.” 

 

Hoseok was in the middle of a cute boy sandwich and I was so ing jealous. I squeaked when I saw Jung Kook spooning Tae and he still had his birthday crown on. Taehyung was curled into a ball and Kookie was holding him tightly. Usually I saw Tae as the protective one, but obviously that wasn’t the case when they slept. 

 

Jimin looked like a cute little angel curled up with a white fluffy bear. The little neckerchief the toy wore had Suga-Bear printed all over it. I vaguely remember them calling Yoongi, Suga so I’m quite positive that the bear was a substitute for the real thing. Jimin was too cute to handle sometimes. “I’m turning in too, I’m very sleepy from babysitting my maknae line,” he whispered out before turning to the slumbering birthday boy, “Kookie, I hope you enjoyed your birthday campout. I know it’s not the mountains, but we did our best.” He settled on his back in between Kookie’s and Jimin’s knees, “Annyeong, YouTube,” he saluted. The screen went blank after that.

 

With the last few seconds of the video I saw the most touching thing ever: the group of 7 sitting around the living room coffee table enjoying a meal. They all looked tired, but happy and a chorus of, “Happy birthday Jung Kook,” sounded as everyone lifted their various breakfast beverages in celebration to the grinning rabbit prince. It was so adorable, like I was watching a syrupy-sweet family  movie. They weren’t actually friends, they were family. I was cheesing so hard when I closed the lid of my laptop, their unity fueled me. I was ready to pay attention to my boring professor again and I was looking forward to Jung Kook’s follow up video.

 

SO CHEESY! I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BELATED-BIRTHDAY JEON JEONGGUK!!