Dinner With The Hyungs

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

OMG I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO CUSSING LONG TO UPDATE, WORK HAS BEEN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T BE ANGRY!

 

 

I had to go mobile today because I was in Starbucks and I forgot my stupid laptop because I woke up late for class this morning. I only had enough time to grab the closest device and brush my teeth before I ran out of my room…I’m pretty sure my phone is somewhere entangled in my sheets. Anyway, I made sure I was in a cozy corner away from human life, no distractions were needed or wanted. I just needed my grande vanilla latte, Tae, and Jung Kookie. “Free Gourmet Meal,” I giggled as I read aloud. I eagerly clicked on Tae’s new video with one hand as I sipped my piping hot latte with the other, “What the hell Tae?” I asked. 

 

I wiggled happily to see my bae and he had A FRIEND! A STUPIDLY ATTRACTIVE FRIEND. “Annyeong-haseyo,” Taehyung said flashing his ‘V’ sign, though I didn’t really care at the moment because I was too focused on his gorgeous friend. Jesus! Did Tae only socialize with beautiful people? Or was there something in the water there?  He panned his camera around his surroundings in a merry-go-round manner, “I’m at the grocery store with Namjoonie-hyung,” he said before turning the camera to his pretty bleached-blond, dimple-cheeked, thick-lipped friend, “Say hello, hyung.” 

 

“Hi,” he said through his y smile and extra husky voice, his cute knobby fingers giving a sprinkly wave. , his smile was radiant. I was already and he hadn’t even said two words. “Hyung’s boyfriend has agreed to make dinner for me and Kookie,” he explained to me as they turned down the produce aisle, “but he made me promise to help buy the groceries for the meal and Kookie promised to help prepare it.” 

 

“If Namjoon is that attractive I can’t even imagine how good his boyfriend will look,” I mumbled in anticipation. “We asked hyung if he’d make us pork and beef skewers with lots of vegetables and fried rice,” Taehyung explained as he picked up a tiny eggplant only to have it promptly smacked from his hands, by Dimples McGhee, and replaced it with a plumper, riper, and purple-er eggplant. 

 

“Yah, don’t get tiny ones, there has to be enough for four,” Dimples McGhee (I like this new nickname) scolded in his y grown man’s voice, “Now go get some ake mushrooms.” Taehyung pouted at the elder but did as he was told, “Don’t be so mean hyung, you’re making me feel bad,” he cutely wined. Namjoon waved him off as he picked up a red onion.

 

Taehyung set his camera on the shelf in front of him, right between the lettuce and the celery, “That can’t be sanitary,” I mumbled with a disappointed shake of my head as he began to sift through the array of mushrooms species on the low shelf. “I know our meal doesn’t sound that extravagant, but Joonie-hyung’s boyfriend works as a chef in his family’s restaurant so even the simplest meals turns into gourmet 5-star meals when he cooks,” he absentmindedly rambled as he picked up the perfect 4-pack of mushrooms.

 

“It’s true,” Namjoon said snatching the mushrooms out of his friend’s hands, “Jin feeds me well, especially when he’s learning new recipes,” he replied picking up a different pack and placed it in their small hand basket. ‘Oh he cooks too? This Jin guy is like the perfect package,’ I thought enviously as Tae began to complain again. “Hyung, why did you ask me to come shopping with you if you were just gonna undermine all my decisions,” he asked while cutely scratching his dark hair.

 

“Because Jin-hyung made this agreement for you to shop with me and for Jung Kook to cook with him,” Namjoon griped as he grabbed some green and red peppers next, “I had no say in the matter. I don’t even know why he made the arrangement, he knows how particular he is with his ingredients. Just trying to make everyone feel included.”

 

Taehyung picked up his camera and turned stale eyes to me and with a shake of his head he mumbled, “I thought I left my dad in Korea.” I snorted and laughed at that. This kid was hilarious sometimes. “Yah, Namjoon-appa, what do you want me to do then?” he asked turning the camera to the elder who was rubbing his chin as if he were in deep thought. He looked over at Taehyung and answered, “You can hold the basket and be in charge of the list.” 

 

He walked over and shoved the basket into Tae’s chest and handed over the list, “Please make sure that everything that’s on that list is in this basket, don’t let me miss anything,” he ordered in a firm tone. “List and basket, gotcha,” I heard Tae say off screen, the camera still focused on Dimples McGhee. “Yah, I’m serious Kim Taehyung,” Namjoon said pointing a threatening finger at Taehyung, “If we forget anything, I’ll be the one who’s not getting any tonight for irresponsibleness. Not you.” “That’s so not true,” Taehyung laughed out which made the camera vibrate, “If we screw up dinner Kookie won’t give me any either. He’s like teacher’s pet with Jin-hyung,” he countered. 

 

“Well then, let’s just make sure we get all the he asked for,” Namjoon said shoving his hands into his jean pockets, “Come on, Kim TaeTae, to the meat section.”  “The Kim Bros. are on it,” I heard my bae cheer following behind his hottie friend. Namjoon half-heartedly pumped a fist in the air, “Hwaiting,” he cheered back. Taehyung finally turned the camera back to his adorable face and said, “How about you go check out what Kookie is doing? We’ll meet up with you there.” He kissed the lens before putting the camera into the basket.


 

 

There was a cut screen as a hand dropped from the lens and Kookie’s angelic little rabbit face graced my screen again. “Hello angel,” I said rubbing my screen lovingly. “Hey, guys, Jung Kook here and…” he said turning the camera to the prettiest man I’ve ever seen in my life, “Jin-hyung.” Jin smiled beautifully with amazing full lips and waved at the camera from his place by the sink, “Annyeong,” he said. 

 

“Holy ,” I mumbled around the latte in my mouth. Jin was on a whole new level of attractive, he was like Prince Charming/high fashion model pretty. Namjoon should wake up and go to sleep thanking God every day for the beautifully wrapped gift that was Jin. I know I was excited about seeing him before but, now, I’m just downright jealous. Seems like all the men in Tae’s life was beyond perfect meanwhile, all the men in my life was nonexistent. 

 

Ugh, you Kim Taehyung, but I mean that respectfully.

 

I snapped out of my self-loathing trance when Jung Kook began to speak again, "Taehyung and Namjoon-hyung just dropped off all the groceries Jin-hyung requested,” he said filming the group of tan grocery bags on the floor by the door, “They just left again to get us dessert.” Jin grabbed the camera from my rabbit and turned it to face him, “Are you ready to learn how to make pork and beef skewers the right way?” he asked giving me an undeserving close-up of his effortlessly flawless face. His deep dark eyes were piercing my soul.

 

I nodded eagerly, I was ready to see what this pretty man could do in the kitchen. “Jung Kook, please wash all the vegetables,” he sweetly requested as he passed the camera back. Jung Kook obediently grabbed the bag filled with all the veggies his boyfriend and friend had carefully selected. He stationed the camera on the little plant shelf above the sink and flipped on the water. 

 

Jin popped up behind the younger and placed a hand on his shoulder, “After you’re finished we’ll slice them up to the right thickness and prepare the meat,” he instructed. “Hyung, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?” the younger asked in a faux talk show host voice. Jin nodded and reached for the camera again, “My name is Kim Seokjin, I’m 23 years old and I’m a very popular and handsome chef,” he said through a charming smile. 

 

“And tell them how long you’ve been with Namjoon-hyung,” Jung Kook suggested as he turned off the water. “Namjoonie?” Jin asked letting his eyes travel up to the ceiling in thought, “let’s see, we met when we were in high school, he was a sophomore and I was just about to graduate. So…four going on five years,” he answered while counting on his oddly jointed fingers.

 

“That’s longer than me and Tae, it’s only been two years for us. Hyung what’s your secret?” Jung Kook asked curiously. Jin passed the camera back to the younger so he could grab a couple of cutting boards and knives. The younger joined the elder on the floor. “Are you two seriously gonna chop on the floor?” I asked while I waited for Pretty Boy Jin to answer Jung Kook’s question. I shrugged my shoulders, “Whatever.” 

 

“I don’t have any advice for you Jung Kookie,” Jin said with a shrug as he grabbed the colander of veggies from the sink and placed them on a folded towel beside the cutting boards. “Why are you being selfish?” Jung Kook asked accepting the sharp knife from his friend. Jin laughed, “I’m not being selfish. All relationships are different, I can’t tell you what will and won’t work in yours,” he said grabbing a bell pepper from the colander. 

 

Well isn’t that a good little bit of a fortune cookie reading; vague, yet powerful. I wanted to hear his relationship secrets. Maybe if I ever find someone, I’d like to know how to keep his … “No more questions about me and Joonie,” Jin said firmly followed by a pout from me, rip-off, “it’s time to chop up the food.”

 

I watched Jin teach the younger how to chop the veggies, the right size and consistency, he was very strict with his instruction. While Jung Kook carefully and slowly chopped away, Jin skillfully sliced the tender beef and pork on his own cutting board. He made sure the chunk of meat were slightly fatter than the vegetable slices, I loved his attention to detail. I thought it was interesting to see him dunk the meat in whisked well-seasoned eggs (paprika, pepper, salt, and African pepper), “Adding egg always makes food better,” he’d said.

 

I feel bad, but I sorta fast-forwarded through the actual cooking. It took up about 8 minutes of the video and I only had about 5 minutes before I had to be to my next class and I was way across campus. I pressed play when I saw Taehyung and Namjoon pop up again, the former’s hands holding a delicious looking cheesecake. “We’re back, hyung,” he announced happily. “Thank God,” Namjoon mumbled as he rubbed his temples. 

 

“Did he get on your nerves, hyung?” cameraman Jung Kook asked as he followed the elder into the kitchen. “Your boyfriend took 12 minutes to decide between chocolate cake and chocolate cheesecake,” Namjoon explained, his voice sounded tired. I cooed when I watched him hug Jin from behind and rock him a little, their slight height difference was everything.  I almost gagged when Jin reached up and lovingly CARRESSED Namjoon’s cheek, god they were so mature! They honestly looked like husband and wife to me.

 

“Yah, Jin-hyung told me I could pick the dessert so I had to make sure I chose something everyone would like while staying true to myself,” Tae tried to justify to his friend before turning to Jung Kook (and me). “I really just did it to piss off Namjoonie-hyung,” he whispered to me (and Jung Kook). I giggled at that, my bae was such a sometimes. 

 

“Is everything ready, Jin-hyung?” he asked his eldest friend. “I was just taking the rice into the living room where the rest of the food is,” Jin answered while elbowing Namjoon away, “Joonie can you grab the drinks? And Jung Kook grab the bowls and utensils.” Namjoon nodded and made his way to the fridge as Jung Kook handed over the camera to his boyfriend. Taehyung snagged his boyfriend’s wrist, the camera catching all of that action, “Did you miss, hyungie?” he asked zooming in on Jung Kook’s face.

 

“Of course I did,” Jung Kook said with a grin. My ‘aww’ turned into a snort when Jung Kook turned to Namjoon, “Namjoon-hyung, I missed you,” he announced. Namjoon nonchalantly waved off the younger and I heard Taehyung say, “Yah, you’re not funny, and just for that you get no cake.” He huffed and turned towards the dining room.

 

“Everyone gets cakes,” I heard Namjoon yell behind him. He was such a mom, it was très adorable. 

 

“Wah, daebak, look at this masterpiece,” Taehyung said in amazement. And it really was, the skewers were lined up in a radial pattern on a pretty red plate, the bowl of white rice sat overflowing in the center of the table, and remainder beef, pork, and veggies all sat in respective bowls for anyone who didn’t want to enjoy their dinner impaled on a metal rod. It all looked simply beautiful. 

 

Jin, Namjoon, and Jung Kook joined Tae at the table. “Alright guys, Jin-hyung is giving me that look, so we’ll end here,” Taehyung said, “Say bye you guys.” “Peace,” Namjoon said flashing the ‘peace’ sign. “Annyeong,” Jin said waving, “see you next time.” Jung Kook cupped his hands around the lens, “See you next week,” he promised before coolly kissing the camera. 

 

“Ah, now I have to disinfect my camera,” Tae playfully complained. “Keep talking and these lips won’t touch you for days,” Jung Kook threatened. Taehyung flipped the camera on himself, “On that note, I’m out. I’ll post pics of this amazing meal after I’ve uploaded the video. Goodnight,” he said throwing his ‘V’ sign up as well. I felt all warm inside, it was cute to see Tae’s little family meal. I looked down at my watch, “And, I’m late for class,” I mumbled as I dump my stuff back into my bag. I downed the rest of my lukewarm latte and ran out of the Starbucks.

 

I'LL TRY TO UPDATE ON TIME NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!