FANMAILS AND GIVEAWAY

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

I'M BACK WITH A FUN NEW CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'D LIKE TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO TWO OF MY READERS asianbookworm183 AND kyunimi FOR PROVIDING ME WITH MY NEW BEAUTIFUL COVER PHOTO AND BACKGROUND!

 

 

 

AREN'T THEY PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I rubbed my eyes just to make sure I wasn't reading the title of Tae's new video, "Are you ok?" my cousin asked me. I nodded to her, "Yea my favorite YouTubers just uploaded a new video and it looks like they're going to be doing a giveaway," I said. My cousin was visiting me from Rochester. She pulled off her headphones and weirdly stared at me from the beanbag chair across my room, "The gay guys?" she asked for clarification.

 

I frowned at her, "They're not just 'the gay guys,'" I said in a matter-of-fact tone, "They're funny, smart, talented, and inspirational individuals who creates realistic relationship goals together...plus they're stupidly attractive and have a whole group of handsome friends."

 

My cousins eyes lit up at that last part, "Now that's something I can get behind," she said tossing her gigantic headset to the side, "scoot over so I can watch too." Now I was excited, this would be my first time sharing my YouTube obsession with someone. I'd tried with a few of my friends, but they think it's strange for me to be so invested in other people's lives. "No need, we'll watch it on my TV," I said quickly locating my remote control. "Is that really necessary?" she curiously queried, "I can just watch on your laptop with you."

 

"It is that serious Cuz," I said before cracking a creepy grin, "My boys need to be seen in magnificent HD clarity." She seemed a bit disturbed but nodded her acceptance. I my new smart TV (my refund check splurge) and accessed my YouTube account and easily navigated to Tae's page. "Prepare to cry," I warned as I clicked on the video.

 

"Hola amigos and amigas," my TaeTae greeted with the brightest smile on Earth! My cousin perked up and joined me on my bed, "Oh he's a cutie!" she said excitedly. "Hold on boo, keep those eyes to yourself. He's my bae," I possessively told her. She held her hands up in surrender, "You got it," she said never tearing her eyes off the screen. "V here for another video," he told us before ripping off the beanie he was wearing, "with a new hair color!"

 

I nearly choked on air, my TaeBae's hair was a brilliant platinum blond. He was literal sunshine and it was GLORIOUS. I had to pause the video for a second because I couldn't breathe. My cousin stared at me strangely as I fanned my face, "What the hell are you asphyxiating for?" she asked slapping my back. "I'm sorry," I wheezed out, "I wasn't expecting that! He's so beautiful!" She rolled her eyes, we weren't even 15 seconds in and I was already hyperventilating…how embarrassing. "Are you going to be able to finish the video?" she asked me more out of annoyance than concern.

 

"Screw you," I laughed out and played the video. I contained my excitement as he shook out his freshly-dyed tresses, "Don't get used to it though, it's just a temporary thing, I don’t think I like it too much," he said while brushing his hair back to reveal his perfect forehead. I pouted a little, he was a hot little blondie...too bad. "Where's Kookie?" I whined, "Cookie? Like with chocolate chips?" my poor confused cousin asked with raised brows. I shook my head, she just didn’t know.

 

"No, Kookie with a 'K'," I corrected as I scanned as much of their apartment as the camera would allow. "Hyung, did you start without me?" Jung Kook asked as he entered the apartment holding a squirming Kookie under one arm and a stack of mail under the other. It was always a treat to see human Kookie with puppy Kookie. He looked so strapping in his custom slit white tee shirt. One of the slashes was beautifully showing off a y clavicle. "He's a fine specimen," my cousin murmured scooting to the edge of my bed to get a closer look, "Look at those biceps." Jung Kook had his guns out in all their glory today, the loose fitting white tank contrasting with his sun kissed skin.

 

"Hey," I snapped with a nudge to her shoulder, "He's off limits too." I couldn't see it, but I feel her roll her eyes, "So everyone belongs to you?" she questioned with a cross of her arms. I nodded, "Now you're getting it," I conceded with a pat to her back. She mushed the side of my head and jokingly said, "So ing selfish." "Yep," I automatically responded as I rolled onto my tummy and propped up on my elbows.

 

Jung Kook joined his bae in the center of the floor and passed the mail to Taehyung, "Annyeong-haseyo," he greeted with his own rabbit smile, "Jung Kook here and so is Kookie." I had to hold back a groan of frustration when his dark fringe fell in his eyes; magnificent. "They do make an aesthetically pleasing couple," my cousin concluded with an impressed nod. SHE WAS HOOKED!

 

I smiled proudly, she didn't know that she was slowly being reeled into the abyss that was TaeKook. Jung Kook sat the puppy in his lap and held her front paws in his hands, "Tell everyone what we're doing today, Tae," he instructed while playfully flipping Kookie’s paws back and forth. "This bundle of mail is actually fanmails from all you pretty people," Taehyung said as he unraveled the rubber band keeping them neatly in place. Jung Kook chuckled at his boyfriend’s statement.

 

Taehyung cut his eyes at the younger, “Why are you giggling?” he questioned grabbing a fistful of his boyfriend’s dark hair. Jung Kook laughed louder, “Why’d you say ‘fanmails’?” he asked pulling away, “Mail doesn’t need an ‘s.’” Taehyung elbowed Jung Kook as he scooped up the stack of letters again, “When did you become a grammar expert?” he grumbled before smiling at the camera, “Anyways as I was saying, we got lots of fanmails from you guys!”

 

I gawked, there were at least 50 letters in the stack, "And this isn't all of it." He hopped to his feet and stepped away from the camera.

 

We both giggled as Kookie broke free and wandered over to the stationary camera to sniff it, her wet nose fogging up the camera a little. Jung Kook reached forward and dragged her back into his lap, "Yah, don't be so nosey you little scoundrel," he scolded as he scratched behind her floppy ears, "stay put OK?"

 

"There's something about men and puppies that makes a girl swoon," my cousin practically read my mind, "We even got packages from you guys too," Taehyung announced as he came back with his arms filled with various sized boxes and parcels.

 

"We honestly had no idea we were so popular," Jung Kook modestly said, "but lately our little mailbox has been filled with letters from you all." Taehyung nodded, "So we're dedicating this video to opening and reading a few," he chimed in before grinning widely. Jung Kook nudged Kookie out of his lap, she'd finally gotten comfy and began to whine from the disturbance. "Go lay on the couch, jagi," he told her while scratching her tummy. She whined again but did as she was told. I never wished I was a dog before…but there was a first time for everything.

 

Taehyung was already sifting through the stack and picked up a pretty bright red envelope. He studied the return address, "This one is from Tiana M. in Connecticut," he informed before ripping it open. “Princess Tiana, like from Princess and the Frog,” Jung Kook said through a huge grin, “I’ll bet you’re pretty like she is.” SWOON, that child was a good. Taehyung pulled out a letter and what looked like a postcard.

 

Jung Kook reached for the fallen postcard as his boyfriend unfolded the letter and began to read it, "Hi Tae and Kookie, my name is Tiana and I'm 17 years old. I'm a new subscriber and I'm hooked on you guys’ videos. My favorite is the one with the sleeping Kookie, he looked so much like a cute baby. I love you boys and your cute videos because it’s like watching an unscripted web-series. I plan to go to school for computer graphics, too. I've practicing really hard with Photoshop so I can get into an awesome school. I made a collage of all of you guy's IG pics together and had it printed on hologram cardstock. I hope you like it. Stay strong and true to each other and continue to make amazing videos together...P.S. tell Hobi I'll gladly scratch his head for him."

 

"Wah daebak, hyung look at it," Jung Kook spoke up. Taehyung looked over his boyfriend’s shoulder at the gift from their fan in awe. "This is seriously amazing," he agreed as he neatly folded the letter back and gently placed it back in its envelope. Jung Kook crawled on his knees to the camera and displayed Tiana's artwork for us to see. It was definitely a sight to behold, I could clearly see every pic of them even through the hologram coating.

 

"Wow that's pretty dope," my cousin mumbled her own approval. "Thank you Princess Tiana," Taehyung said, "We'll go out and get a frame for it first thing in the morning." Jung Kook scooted back to his seat while adding, "But for now we'll keep it safe in its envelope. Thanks Princess Tiana, we love it and you. Next time please send us a picture of you so we can put a face with the talented artist."

 

"Hey, here's a letter for Jiminnie and Yoongi-hyung," Jung Kook said holding up another letter, "We won't open it, but we'll make sure they receive it." He neatly sat it down next to Tiana's letter and watched Taehyung reach for an ugly beat up, yellow parcel. "This package is from Juniper C. in Wisconsin," he informed before ripping open the protective seal.

 

He pulled out the letter and passed the package to his blatantly curious boyfriend, the younger was on his hands and knees with his head over Tae’s shoulder. He looked like their puppy with his imaginary tail wagging happily. “He’s too cute,” my cousin squealed before giggling. I grinned darkly, ‘That’s right favorite cousin, fall deeper into the TaeKook.’ It was selfish, I know, but I needed someone to lose my with every week.

 

"Dear TaeKook, my name is Juniper and I've been your A1 since day one. I've been a fan of yours since Tae started the channel 3 years ago. I love all of your videos so much because you don't stick to one thing, you guys cover a variety of subjects and sometimes I look to you for guidance. You two have a very pure and loving relationship and I just hope I can find someone too so we can start our own YouTube vlog page to rival yours," Taehyung paused his expressive reading to say, "Don't wait Juniper, start your vlog now so we can be your first subscribers."

 

Jung Kook nodded and leaned against Taehyung’s back, “Yes we need YouTube friends so we can do video collabs,” he encouraged with a charming smile.

 

"Aww aren't they sweeties," my cousin giggled out.

 

Tae cleared his throat and read the rest of Juniper’s letter, "I remember you guys saying how much you love Adele and BigBang so I got you both of their albums to enjoy at home and if you already own them then please pay the gift forward."

 

Jung Kook pulled both albums out and studied the BigBang album cover first, "Don't worry Juniper, we don't own any CDs so we'll be hanging onto them...and Kookie is in love with G-Dragon so this is the perfect gift, " Taehyung assured through a chuckle as he looked up at his boyfriend. Jung Kook cutely blushed and glared down at his boyfriend, "That’s not true, I just admire GD-hyung. He’s an excellent singer." he mumbled.

 

"Right," Tae snorted before smiling at us, "Thanks for the gifts Juniper! We'll buy a CD player to play them," he promised. "Thanks Juniper!" Jung Kook added while using the albums to wave. He gently placed them down on the floor and cuddled up behind his boyfriend. His knees hugged Taehyung’s back as he propped his elbows on the elder’s shoulders.

 

My cousin violently nudged me, “Do they always act this cute?” she questioned frantically. I grinned deviously and nodded, “All the time, they’re the reasons I have these cavities,” I joked as I pulled my bottom lip aside to showcase my growing wisdom teeth. She laughed and nodded, “I can see why, they are ridiculously cute.”

 

"There are actually quite a few letters in here for our friends, Jung Kookie," Taehyung informed as he sorted through their mail pile, he seemed completely oblivious to the human koala behind him. "Really?" the younger asked eyeing another package.

 

TaeTae nodded and stacked the piles like he would jenga blocks, "Some for Jin-hyung, a huge chunk for Jiminnie and Yoongi-hyung, and even a couple for Namjoonie-hyung and Hoseok-hyung," he revealed in amazement, "Yah! You're supposed to be our loyal viewers!" He pointed at the camera, “Why do they have more letters than we do,” he whined as Jung Kook’s hands fell to wrap around his waist.

 

I chuckled and shook my head at my TaeTae’s faux-jealous tone. "I don't understand why viewers are writing to other people," my cousin said through a frown, "That's rude." "Not really," I contradicted with a shake of my head, "They usually have their friends in their videos...and if you see their little close-knit group you'll understand why they're building a fan base. They’re like friendship goals."

 

She nodded her understanding, “I guess I’ll have to watch a few of their other videos,” she said. ‘You bet your you do,’ I thought proudly. I was already planning out the rest of our day.

 

"Maybe we should get a bigger P.O. box," Jung Kook muttered as he fiddled with the seal of the package he'd be gazing at. He had it at their side, but he still made sure to keep one arm around V’s tummy. "Just open it," my cousin and I yelled at the same time. He innocently looked at his boyfriend, "Tae, can we open this one next?" he hopefully requested, "The packaging is super cool."

 

And it was, I'd never seen a galaxy printed envelope before. Where could one obtain such a cool envelope?

 

Taehyung nodded. Instead of unhooking himself, Jung Kook placed the package between Taehyung’s folded legs and opened it from behind him and Tae just waited patiently for him to finish. They were doing the most with their cuteness and I almost couldn’t stand it. Just ugh.

 

"I'm going to try to preserve the envelope," Jung Kook said, he rose to his knees to read the sender's name, "By the way, this is from Daewook all the way from Seoul. Wah daebak, annyeong-haseyo Daewook-ah!" The couple bowed informally, "Annyeong-haseyo Daewook-ah! Thanks for watching! We did the Korean subtitles ourselves," Taehyung excitedly revealed.

 

"I didn’t even know his videos had subtitles," I said. But I wasn’t surprised, they were Korean boys after all; why wouldn’t they want to reach Korean viewers?

 

"It’s in Korean, Jung Kookie, do you want to translate or should I?" he asked reaching for the letter. Jung Kook snatched it away and sat back on his ankles, "No, I want to read it,” he volunteered.

 

He FINALLY extracted himself and knee-walked to sit at his boyfriend’s right side. He tossed his glossy fringe out of his eyes and began to read, "Hello all the way from Seoul. I'm Daewook and I'm 19 years old and I am also a homoual. Shh, don't tell ANYONE I know." Jung Kook frowned and looked up at Taehyung leaning over to read along.

 

"Oh this is going to be one of those types of letters," I said sullenly. "What kind?" my cousin queried in confusion. I paused the video so I could explain, "He's afraid to come out because his parents probably won't approve." She nodded and un-paused the video, "Let's see if you're right."

 

"Finish reading," Taehyung instructed.

 

Jung Kook nodded and continued on, "I've known that I like guys since I was a first year in high school and I've been afraid to tell anyone since then. The only person who knows is my very best girl-friend and she also pretends to be my girlfriend around my parents. Unfortunately, my boyfriend doesn't like that I'm leading a double-life and is threatening to break up with me if things don't change. I know this sounds like a crazy drama, but it is real life for me. I don't think I'm ready to come out just yet. What advice can you give me? I don't want to lose him but I'm just not ready to tell people. What do I do? Please help, I sent a picture of us so you can see how cute we are. Your videos give me hope for when I do decide to come out. It's great to see that I'm not the only homoual Korean boy out there, even though it feels like that sometimes. You two and your group make me feel less like an anomaly and more like a regular guy. Please give my predicament some thought and please continue to make uplifting and fun videos. Much love from Seoul, Daewook."

 

My cousin looked at me with raised brows, “You were right,” she said, her tone impressed. I gave a nonchalant shrug, “Of course,” I smugly accepted. Duh.

 

Taehyung frowned into the camera, “First advice, Daewookie, break up with your fake girlfriend. She just going to cause unnecessary stress to your relationship,” he said, “You don’t need to have a fake girlfriend to please your family, and also if you break it off your boyfriend probably won’t pressure you as much about coming out.”

 

Jung Kook nodded his agreement, “Also, Daewook-hyung’s boyfriend, please don’t try to force him to come out. It is a nerve-wracking experience for a lot of people and Daewook has to do it on his own time. Please continue to love and support him. If TaeTae tried to force me to come out, we probably wouldn’t be where we are today as a committed and trusting couple,” he said looking at his boyfriend, “He was kind and patient and told me that he just wanted me to be comfortable with who I am. He understood because he knows how hard it can be.”

 

Taehyung smiled widely and patted Jung Kook’s back, “The feelings are still very fresh for Jung Kook-ah, he just came out to his parents last year,” he revealed. Jung Kook nodded again, “I was very scared because I felt like I was going to get an awful reaction, but Taehyungie was very kind and he was there for me. He held my hand the whole time and he was very respectful to the situation and my parents,” he shyly revealed.

 

“Luckily, Kook-ah’s parents were very accepting of him. They love him and it’s not like he’s a serial killer, so there really was no reason for them to not approve…plus they’ve always loved me,” Taehyung shrugged and giggled.

 

I smiled, “Aren’t they like the cutest couple in the world?” I asked my cousin, I was grinning like the Chesire cat. “Yes,” she conceded as she leaned against me, “I think I just got like eight cavities.”

 

“And most importantly, just continue to love each other,” Taehyung said through a soft smile, “because if your parents don’t approve, then you’ll need him fall back on.” “And if they do approve, then you’ll need him to celebrate with,” Kookie added. Taehyung looked down at the picture of Daewook and his boyfriend, “They are so cute,” he said, “I won’t show the picture because I don’t want his parents to see, but trust me, they are so adorable.”

 

“Aww I really wanted to see,” I pouted, but I understood.

 

“Almost as cute as Yoongi-hyung and Jiminnie,” Jung Kook agreed through his own chuckle. Taehyung checked his watch and nudged his boyfriend, “Kookie, we have to get ready for our Tuesday dinner at Jin-hyung’s.” he informed. “Right so let’s quickly tell our viewers about our giveaway,” Jung Kook replied as he carefully placed Daewook’s framed picture and letter back in the pretty galaxy package. “Giveaway!” I said ecstatically, I almost forgot!

 

This is the best video EVER!

 

“Wait, I have to get the example of the gifts for the giveaway,” Taehyung piped up as he hopped to his feet and ran off frame. Jung Kook made himself busy by gathering up all the unopened envelopes, “We’ll finish reading these tonight and we'll give our friends their letters as well,” he promised with a cute bunny grin. He stretched to place all the mail on the coffee table just as Tae returned with a brown box in his hands. He dropped back down with the hugest smile on his beautiful smile, it was radiant.

 

“So to thank you pretty people for being such amazing viewers, Jung Kookie and I have decided to do a TaeKook Giveaway,” he explained while sprinkling his spirit fingers around for some added pizzazz.

 

“There are only three rules to this giveaway,” Jung Kook chimed in holding up 2 fingers on one hand and 1 on the other, “You have to be subscribed to our YouTube channel, you have to be following me on Instagram, and you have to be following Taehyung on Instagram as well.” Taehyung nodded, “That’s all!” he agreed, his eyes in small crescents of happiness, “and the prizes are totally awesome.”

 

He opened the box and pulled out a hoodie, “You’ll get a ‘Random V’ hooded sweatshirt,” he said holding up the black pullover, “And it says ‘Team TaeKook’ on the back,” he flipped it over to showcase the white letters stitched there. He neatly folded the hoodie and placed it back in the box as Jung Kook grabbed something else out of the box.

 

“You’ll also receive a snapback, that also says ‘Team TaeKook’,” he said shoving the black hat into the camera so we could see the embroidered script on the front of the hat.

 

Taehyung chuckled and reached his hands into the box again, “Here’s where it gets super random,” he warned, “You’ll also get a skull teeth face mask and cat ear beanie.” It was a cute neon green beanie with spikes for cat ears and the face mask was interesting. My cousin looked at me and shook her head, “I thought they had a Team TaeKook theme going on,” she mumbled. I shrugged and shook my head as well, “I know,” I agreed.

 

“The truth is, we’re struggling college students and only afford so many customized items on our combined minimum-wage paychecks,” Jung Kook said in embarrassment. Taehyung nodded, “In other words, we’re poor,” he nonchalantly simplified.

 

“You’ll get this cute water bottle, courtesy of Jin-hyung’s family restaurant,” Jung Kook said holding up a glass bottle with a florescent pink twist top. “What’s cool about this is that it can twist apart so you can put fruit or ice on the bottom and water on the top,” he explained as he demonstrated. He unscrewed the glass bottle at its plastic highlighter center and displayed the two chambers. That was pretty cool, never seen a bottle that fancy before.

 

“Lastly, you’ll get a special homemade present,” Taehyung said pulling a blank CD case from the box, “A mixed CD combined of Jung Kook’s covers and original songs.” I squealed and clapped my hands. My cousin plugged her ears and glared at me, “Why are you shrieking like a banshee?” she complained. “BECAUSE HIS VOICE IS HEAVENLY!” I yelled at her, “He’s a beautiful and talented singer.”

 

“It’ll have 7 tracks. I haven’t decided which songs I’ll put on it yet, though,” Jung Kook admitted, “And Taehyungie will provide super spectacular custom cover art. Each CD will have a different cover.” “Yes we want you all to feel special,” Taehyung piped up as he placed all the items back in its box.

 

“Unfortunately, we can only afford to pick three winners,” Taehyung said sullenly, “I wish we could send a package to you all, but we honestly can’t do that. We’ll be randomly picking the winners from our YouTube and Instagram pages.”

 

“Please know that we love and appreciate each and every one of our viewers so even if you don’t win, we hope you’ll still feel our gratitude towards you. We wouldn’t be us without you,” Jung Kook said clasping his fingers together.

 

Taehyung checked his watch again, “OK we really need to get going,” he told us and his boyfriend, “We’ll pick our winners at the end of the month so please look forward to that.” Jung Kook grinned, “Yes, now we have to go, because if we’re late Jin-hyung will eat our desserts in our faces,” he said.

 

Taehyung crawled up to the camera and kissed the lens, “I love you, see you next time,” he said with a small wave. Not to be outdone, Jung Kook shoved his boyfriend aside, grabbed the camera in his hands, and kissed it as well, “I love you more,” he proclaimed and through a y smirk and wink at us. I almost died twice, they were almost too much. “Annyeong,” the couple said with one more wave before the video ended.

 

“So…” my cousin said looking at me, “Can we watch another video?” She seemed embarrassed to even utter the question. I squealed and piled on top of my stale faced family member, “GOD YES, I was hoping you’d say that!” I shouted in her ear, “Sit back, dear cousin, and prepare to give up your soul to Jung Kook and Taehyung.”