You Belong To Me

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

I'M FINALLY BACK! SORRY FOR BEING M.I.A. FOR SO LONG! 

 

Finals week is here! Summer vacay is around the corner and I could definitely taste it! And by it I mean my room back at home… But until then, my beautiful Tae’s newest video will positively add some temporary stress relief. My smile immediately faded, though, when I read the title and saw the video icon, ‘Exes,’ it said and the icon was a very sad looking Jung Kook. “Oh no, why do I feel like I’m going to ing regret this,” I nervously mumbled to myself as I clicked on the video. 

 

I would’ve been falling out of my seat to see my pretty rabbit’s ripped arms, if only he didn’t look so upset. He was in bed with the cover pulled up high to hide his chest and I was briefly distracted by his amazingly y bed hair until he began to speak; the soft glow from the flipping bedside lamp making his dark eyes smolder didn’t help. “Annyeong-haseyo,” he greeted with a small nod and wave to his webcam. 

 

“Aww baby Kookie, what’s wrong?” I cooed as I rested my chin on my desk, he was really bumming me out. I watched as he looked over at the alarm clock on the nightstand on his side of the small bed, “It’s 4:47 AM and I have some things I want to get off my chest,” he requested, “I hope you don’t mind.” “Of course I don’t,” I yelled shaking my fist in the air, “Tell me everything!” He and I both paused when Taehyung wiggled a little beside him, his sleeping mate scooted further down beneath their covers and continued to snooze. 

 

Oblivious little monster he was.

 

Kookie sighed and wearily looked down at his snoozing boyfriend, “I’m so mad at this guy right now,” Jung Kook revealed with a shake of his head. “Why?” I asked in alarm, “How could anyone be mad at my Incognito Monster?” “His ex-girlfriend is coming to town and he offered to let her stay here…with us,” Jung Kook glared harder at his boyfriend with his answer. 

 

I gasped in shock at that, “He what?” I snapped furrowing my brows angrily. Jung Kook nodded, “The girl he dated right before he met me. I’ve never met her before, but she’s been friends with Taehyungie and Jimin-hyung for a long time. Since, like, grade school. I had no idea they were even still friends. Anyways, she’s coming to and Taehyung says she wants to meet me,” he muttered in annoyance as he cutely crossed his arms and looked away. 

 

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked with a shrug not seeing the issue. “I really have no interest in meeting her,” he said with a roll of his eyes, “It’s bad enough that she was intimate with him, I’m pretty sure they were each other’s firsts; but why does she need to meet me and why does she have to stay here? She says she coming to visit, but I bet she’s coming to see what he left her for. Maybe she wants to get him back.” 

 

I watched heartbroken as Jung Kook sullenly shrugged, he looked into the camera (I swear we made physical eye contact), “You guys, I can’t compete with a woman,” he sadly confided with a shake of his head. I clutched my chest and slightly whimpered, this kid was pulling on all my heartstrings, “Don’t make that face,” I whined out.

 

“If he decides he wants to be with her, I can’t compare. She’s soft and curvy, people wouldn’t stare at them, and she can give him kids if he wanted them. I care for hyung more than anyone else, but I can’t stop him if he decides he doesn’t want me anymore,” Jung Kook continued to vent. “Of course he loves you,” I yelled, “Why would he want anyone else?” I glared at Jung Kook, “Hey kid, you need to have more confidence in yourself and your relationship,” I scolded while waggling my finger at my screen. 

 

It seemed like what I said made it to his ears through the graces of God, because when he lifted his head again he looked determined. “No,” he mumbled shaking his head, “She’s not going to take him from me. He belongs with me and I’ll keep it that way.” I cheered at his declaration, “That’s right, you keep your man. She’s a non-factor,” I encouraged happily. 

 

I happily witnessed as he leaned over the sleeping log he called his boyfriend, “You hear that, Kim Taehyung? You belong to me, OK? I don’t like sharing,” he said possessively. “Who are you talking to?” Taehyung mumbled out, his eyes never opening. “You, you big dummy,” Jung Kook answered through a smile. “Oh ok,” Tae said before turning onto his side away from the younger.

 

Jung Kook turned back to me (his webcam), he looked worried again, “I can win this battle, right?” he asked. Well that confidence was short lived. “Goodnight,” he said before ending his recording. I hope this chick wouldn’t drive a wedge between the two…

 

After Jung Kook had signed off, I noticed that the video still had like another 8 minutes left. What the hell was going on? I jerked back in my seat when I saw Tae’s smiley face pop up. “Annyeong-Haseyo,” he greeted with a happy wave and a carefree box smile. “Sorry it’s so loud,” he yelled over the obnoxious background music as he lifted his camera into his hands, “We’re having a small get together for my good friend.” 

 

“Oh lord,” I groaned face-palming, I already knew who this ‘good friend’ was. He led me into the kitchen (of all places) where his tiny group of friends randomly sat. Only Tae’s friends would be just fine with congregating in the kitchen when there was a perfectly vacant living room a few paces away. I shook my head.

 

His pretty friend Jimin was chilling on the counter, happily swinging his perfectly sculpted legs like a child…and he was wearing shorts today. Thank you, God. “Oh how I’ve secretly missed your y guest appearances,” I happily voiced as he seductively ran fingers through his honey brown hair, his silver rings playing coolly off of his silky strands. “And your new hair color is giving me life!” 

 

There was another guy standing beside Jimin. A black beanie covered his seemingly soft sandy hair, and his choppy fringe hid soft features: small triangle shaped dark eyes, cute little nose, and raspberry pink lips hugging a gummy smile. His skin was so ing flawless and I swear his legs looked better than mine, he was making me re-think my entire existence. I’m pretty sure he was Jimin’s boyfriend…Yoongi? I really hope so, because he’d moved to stand between Jimin’s glorious muscular thighs and Jimin’s arms immediately hugged his shoulders. 

 

They were making me jealous, envious, and happy all at once. “I think I have my new relationship goals.”

 

Sitting in the center of the small table top was her, Tae’s ex-girlfriend, just strumming away on her guitar like she was performing at ing Coachella. Ugh. I couldn’t deny that she was beautiful, though: blunt bleached bangs and short hair with a crazy cool dark brown undercut (her natural hair color I’m sure), gorgeous wide brown eyes, a y left eyebrow piercing, perfectly pointed nose, amazingly clear caramel skin, full enviable pink lips, and she had a nice rack. And of course she was working that guitar like it’d been attached to her hands since birth. 

 

Man or woman, Tae had brilliant taste.

 

Everyone swayed happily to whatever song she was effortlessly making up. She was almost too perfect, which was probably why Jung Kook stood sulking in the far corner between the old stove and fridge. He looked like a gargoyle statue, angry and unmoving.

 

“I want you to meet an old friend of mines and Jimin’s,” he yelled over her guitar playing before he shoved the camera into her beautiful face forcing me to pay attention to her stupidly tiny pores. “Yah, Lim Sulli, say hello to my viewers,” he ordered as rudely placed his hand over the strings to cease her strumming. She smiled brightly and waved into the camera, “Annyeong-haseyo, hello, bonjour, and guten tag,” she greeted multilingual-y. 

 

“Impressive,” I murmured as I secretly wished I had her pretty purple eye shadow. Taehyung flipped the camera around to film himself and Sulli as he sat down beside her on the table, “Sulli, Jiminnie, and I go way back. She’s my best girlfriend and she’s in town visiting us,” he gave a brief introduction, “I love her so much and I’m so happy she’s here.”

 

I bit the inside of my cheek, “Why in the hell would you say that?” I nagged at him. He shouldn’t be throwing around the L-word in front of his ex and current significant other. I could only imagine how upset Jung Kookie was feeling after that.

 

“I’m filming now because I wanted you to meet quickly her and because Jimin, Sulli, and I have a song we wanted to share,” Taehyung informed before his camera was snatched away. “That’s right,” it was Jimin’s precious eye smile and high pitched voice greeting me this time, “We tried to form a band back in middle school and we got one song out of it before we disbanded and Sulli grew up to become a solo artist. She felt like we were holding her back.” 

 

He giggled as Sulli protested off camera, her perfectly manicured fingers reaching around the yank his beautifully cartilage-pierced ear. “Yah, yah, that’s not true Park Jimin! You two decided the music life wasn’t for you,” I heard her yell. Jimin laughed again and waved her off, “I know, I know.” He smiled cutely into the camera and began to speak again, “I’m gonna pass off the camera to my Yoongi-bear, I mean hyung.”

 

He turned the camera onto beanie-hottie, whom had climbed onto the counter in his boyfriend’s spot, “Yoongi-hyung, show TaeTae’s viewers your handsome face,” he ordered shoving the camera into his handsome face next. “Wassup, I’m Yoongi,” a surprisingly deep voice introduced. His voice was edgy and it slightly , “Um, where have you been all my life?”  

 

He took the camera from his boyfriend and turned it to face the table where Jimin had sat down on the seat beside it. He crossed his legs and did a little adlibbing to warm up his vocal chords as Sulli began to strum her guitar again. “Right, so this song has been untitled for all these years, but maybe you guys could make up one for it,” she said a few chords. Taehyung nodded, “Good idea, Sulli-ah,” he praised patting her thigh, “Please put your song titles in the comment box,” he said turning to face me (the camera).

 

She played a gorgeous melody as Tae began to sing. Let me tell you, that child’s singing voice was deeper than the ocean and smoother than butter. It put me in such a tranquil. I only wished I could understand what he was singing. I fanned myself as Jimin joined in, his voice at least 4 octaves higher and easily piercing through my soul. It was purely angelic. And of course, Sulli’s voice fit right in between them, creating the most beautiful vocal arrangement I’d heard in a long time. 

 

I secretly hated myself for liking it so much, but hey, good music was good music. 

 

Yoongi swayed a little and panned the camera over to Jung Kook. I felt my heart sink as he looked on with a sullen expression. His jaw clenched, as if he were angry, and his left hand tightly gripped the edge of the counter. Yoongi had turned his focus back onto the trio and I found myself unable to enjoy the song anymore, Taehyung was leaning onto Sulli as he sang. His arm thrown around her shoulders and his face nestled in her hair. He looked peaceful and I could understand why Jung Kook looked so pissed off. They looked to comfortable.

 

Out of nowhere I heard a fourth voice singing along and my was it beautiful. It immediately sent chills through my body, so soulful. Yoongi whipped back around and there stood Jung Kook passionately singing as he walked closer to the trio, cameraman Yoongi followed his every step like he was filming a drama. Jung Kook’s voice began to drown out Sulli’s so she sang a little louder. Jung Kook paid her fruitless attempt to mind because as the chords changed, his vocals easily overpowered hers. 

 

He slowly occupied the seat beside his boyfriend as he began to adlib over Taehyung and Jimin’s steady singing. Sulli had long since stopped singing and focused her attention on playing. “That’s right Kookie, show her who he belongs to,” I cheered proudly. I smiled happily as Taehyung detangled himself from Sulli and turned to face his boyfriend. He swiped the younger’s bangs from his face as they finished off the song, perfectly harmonizing and easily forgetting everyone else in the room.

 

The screen went blank again and, again, I noticed that there was still some time left on the video. “There’s more?” I yelled. They were spoiling me today. It was Taehyung to pop up again. “Annyeong,” he greeted waving his ‘V’ sign around, “V here.” His smiled faded, though, with his next statement, “I came across Jung Kook’s confessional.” 

 

I covered my eyes with my hand and groaned, “Oh no.”

 

He propped his camera up on the table and sat on the floor directly in front of, “He must’ve forgotten that I’m the one who edits these videos, when he made it,” he mumbled. “I want to go on the record and say to all of you that I don’t see Sulli in that way anymore. We weren’t really that compatible, romantically that is. We both decided that we were better off as friends a long time ago,” Taehyung explained as he fidgeted with the long sleeves of his oversized zip-up. 

 

“I never would’ve invited her to stay if I had known he felt so threatened by her,” he continued with a small regretful shrug. Never have I seen my Tae so serious, it was weird. I intently listened to him speak, my face was practically pressed against my laptop screen. “I’m pretty sure Jung Kookie is it for me,” he confided with a smile, “I know I’m young, but I also know I don’t want anybody else but him. He belongs to me.”

 

“HELL YEA!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. Thank God my roommates weren’t home. That’s what the I wanted to hear. Make me believe in true love, Kim Taehyung! I was so freaking proud of him. He just made me love him even more.

 

I snapped out of my happy trance when I heard V giggle, “I think I need to show my Kookie that he’s all I want,” he said through his adorable rectangle smile. “Oh God, please don’t let this turn into a tape,” I pleaded through a thirsty blush, I can’t handle that kind of PDA. In a childlike manner, Taehyung knee-walked closer to the camera and smiled wider.

 

“I got him something special I found in a very old antique shop,” he said as he pulled black velvet ring box from his loose sweatpants pocket, giving me a little treat of Tae skin and boxers. “Aww, are you proposing Tae?” I cooed excitedly. “Don’t worry, I’m not asking him to marry me, I’m still young remember?” he laughed out with cute shake of his head. I could see the faint flush on his cheeks. 

 

Flipping adorable.

 

“But it will show him how serious I am,” he said holding the box up before snapping it open. After the camera struggled to focus for a couple of seconds, I saw that it was thick cut silver ring with twisted metal details around the border and leafy vines engraved all over. It wasn’t too flashy and it wasn’t too simple. “What do you think?” he asked, his voice hopeful. 

 

It was absolutely, “Perfect,” I squealed ecstatically. “Perfect right?” Taehyung asked through a smile as he pulled the ring back to admire it, “It just jumped out at me. I even paid to have it shined professionally. I think he’s going to really love it and me.”

 

He quickly whirled around when he heard the door knob jiggle. “I guess you’ll find out next time,” he said throwing me a wink before he reached up and cut his recording. “Ugh you are such a ing tease,” I protested in exasperation as I leaned back in my desk chair. I’ve never been so stressed out from one damn 8 minute long video. These pretty boys were playing with my emotions too much…but I was more than willing to let them.