Jung Kook-Hyung

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

It was that special time of week once again! I ventured home this 3-day weekend, I got a little homesick being away at school. It felt weird to be in my childhood room, but my zillions of K-Pop posters and merch. was making me nostalgic of my freshman year of high school. That was a good year. I set my laptop up in my extra cozy bed and made my way to Tae’s YouTube page. Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of Jung Kook in Taehyung’s videos, I think he’s slowly becoming his boyfriend’s co-star. I love it. 

 

Pretty angel Jung Kook has become part of my expectations for Tae’s videos now, if he doesn’t show up I’ll be sorely disappointed. “Big baby,” I read the title aloud, “Sounds interesting.”  The cover icon for the video was just an eyeball so that added absolutely no  aid to me trying to figure out what the hell this video was about. Why in the hell was Taehyung so cryptic with his video titles? I quickly shrugged, I didn’t really care. I made sure my door was locked and my phone was on silent before I clicked the video, I didn’t need anyone interrupting my weekly Taehyung-fangirl mini-fanfest.

 

I nearly choked on my spit when I saw Jung Kook’s pretty dark brown eyes and cute rabbit teeth pop up on my screen. “Oh my God,” I squealed as I fell off of my bed, my arms and legs flailing as I hit the plush carpeted floor. I quickly wiggled free of my blanket and crawled back onto my bed, “Ugh. I think I broke something.” I pulled the seek bar back to 0 seconds and paused the video to compose myself. 

 

It’s embarrassing to think that I just busted my from such a tiny surprise, but I just wasn’t expecting to see Jung Kook instead of Tae. I let out a deep breath and hit my spacebar to play the video. I squeaked again when I saw Jung Kook’s pretty close-up face. 

 

“Annyeong-haseyo,” he cutely waved as he sat back, “I’m Jung Kook and, as you can see, Taehyungie isn’t here.” I pouted, though I was happy to see Kookie, I wanted to see my cutie loser Tae too. Bittersweet. “Don’t feel bad guys, you’ll still see Taehyungie. He just won’t be filming today. He’s sick so I’ll be the VJ today.” 

 

“Aww, poor baby,” I cooed, I hate to think of my Taehyungie being under the weather. “Don’t worry, I think he just has a small cold,” Jung Kook shrugged, “I’m actually about to take him to the doctor’s office to confirm it, which means we’re going on a little field trip.” “Well this should be interesting,” I mumbled, my curiosity piquing again.

 

I watched Jung Kook lean on the desk again as he began to speak, “OK, so let me explain a few things before we go collect the patient.” I nodded and leaned in, too. He cutely looked around before cupping his hand around the lens and softly saying, “You didn’t hear this from me, but Kim Taehyung is a big baby when he’s sick. Like he’s completely different from my usual fun V-hyung.” 

 

I snorted as Jung Kook continued to divulge, “The second he gets a small chill he starts whining about dying of hypothermia. He is literally the most annoying guy when he’s sick. That’s part of the reason why I wanted to film today, so you guys can see how much of a nuisance sick V-hyung is.” I laughed harder and waved off Jung Kook, “He can’t be that bad,” I undermined.

 

Jung Kook chuckled and shook out his thick dark bangs, “Yah, I know what you’re thinking, but he really is terrible. I promise,” he said picking up the camera. “Mind reader!” I yelled while pointing at the screen (at the pretty boy), “But I still think you’re over exaggerating.” “OK so, take for instance, hyung asked me to make his doctor’s appointment for him, which I did. But watch how he acts when I tell him it’s time to go,” Jung Kook briefly explained as he pushed his bedroom door open. 

 

I felt like I was watching a scene from a bad drama as I took in Taehyung’s appearance. He was clutching the covers to his chest with one hand and the other hand was placed over his forehead. There was wadded up tissues spread out around him and he had a thermometer clenched between his perfect pearly whites. You would think he had, like, a terminal illness or something. He look absolutely and utterly pitiful, and I found it absolutely and utterly adorable. 

 

I felt like such a sadist. 

 

“Jung Kookie, I think I’m dying,” he whined out cutely as he spat out the thermometer. Jung Kook tossed side eyes my way before he moved closer to his quarantined boyfriend. “Hyung, it’s time to go to the doctor,” he said swiping away some tissues to sit down beside his boyfriend. “No,” Taehyung moaned covering his face with his blanket, “I don’t want to.” 

 

Jung Kook rolled his eyes and propped the camera up on the nightstand, “Why don’t you want to go, hyung?” he asked pulling the blanket back down, “You’re the one that asked me to make the appointment.” Taehyung coughed and sniffled before replying, “I wasn’t completely sane at that time, I didn’t know what I was thinking. If I go to the doctor, I may come back worse than I was before I went in.”

 

Jung Kook rolled his eyes again and shook his head, “Hyung, don’t be stupid. You’ll be fine, now let’s go,” he said tugging on his boyfriend’s wrist. “No,” Taehyung snapped pulling his hand free, “You can’t make me.” “Hyung, please don’t act like a child. Your appointment is in 45 minutes we have to go,” Jung Kook reasoned in exasperation. 

 

Taehyung crossed his arms and rolled away, “No,” he said again. “God, Taehyung, are you 20? Or 2?” I asked through a grin as I shook my head. Infantile Taehyung just made me fall in love all over again. “Yah, get up Kim Taehyung,” Jung Kook growled as he climbed on top of his boyfriend. “No! Leave me alone, Jeon Jung Kook!” he yelled shielding his face with his arms. Jung Kook forcefully unhinged his boyfriend’s arms and held them over his head. 

 

“Wow, that bed gets a lot of secondhand y action,” I mumbled, I found it very hot to see Jung Kook restraining his cutely whining boyfriend. “Get the hell up before I drag you out of this bed,” the musician ily demanded…well it was y to me. “Yah, I’m the oldest one here! Now, do as I say and leave me alone,” Taehyung ordered back trying to push his boyfriend away. 

 

“Right now you’re acting like a gigantic baby. You’re the maknae today and I’m the hyung. Get up and let’s go or else,” Jung Kook threatened as he forcefully crossed his boyfriend's arms over his chest. “Or else what?” Taehyung and I asked at the same time, one of us more than the other (I'm sure). Jung Kook furrowed his dark brows and leaned down to whisper something in his boyfriend’s ear. “Why would you even say something like that?” Taehyung asked in bewilderment. 

 

“WHAT DID HE SAY?” I yelled at my computer frantically. Judging by the blush on his face, it was definitely something ual. “Ugh what a rip-off,” I muttered. “You know I’m serious,” Jung Kook said through a smug smile, “Let’s go.” “Fine,” Taehyung mumbled in defeat. Jung Kook rolled his eyes once more, crawled off the grumbling elder, and grabbed the camera, “Told you,” he said to me with a shake of his head, “My boyfriend is a giant baby.” “Yah, don’t tell them that,” Taehyung yelled in the background.

 

With the camera perched on the dashboard, I could see Taehyung sitting wrapped up in his thick blanket sitting as far away from his boyfriend the front seat would allow. I laughed and shook my head, “Don’t look so annoyed with your boyfriend, Kookie. So what? Tae is a drama queen, I’d take baby Tae over no Tae any day. Appreciate what you have,” I lectured to deaf ears. But, then again, maybe he somehow heard, because Jung Kook reached over the console and laced fingers with his pouting lover. “I think I just got a cavity,” I said proudly. They made me so happy.

 

In the waiting room, they sat all close together. Jung Kook sat with his legs crossed scrolling through his phone and Tae sat with his head resting on the younger’s shoulder. Taehyung was feeling well enough to take ‘sickie selcas’. I remember him posting those pics on Instagram a few days ago. Their hands remained linked between them and, I swear, I felt a few of my back molars rot just a little. They were too cute. 

 

Taehyung’s looked up fearfully when he heard his name being called and Jung Kook just shook his head.

 

“They said we can’t film the actual check-up,” Jung Kook pouted, “But we’ll be back with the diagnosis.” He covered the camera lens and then the video cut scene to them talking to the doctor as Taehyung pulled his hoodie back on. I clasped my hands together and thanked Jesus for allowing me 20/20 vision to see Tae’s tasty chocolate abs with HD clarity. 

 

“So, am I dying doctor?” Taehyung asked pulling his blanket back around his shoulders. The pretty doctor laughed and shook her head, “No, you’re going to be just fine, Taehyung. Just a tiny cold,” she said looking down at her clipboard. Jung Kook gave his boyfriend a smug smile, “See, I told you,” he said to his boyfriend. Taehyung mushed his laughing boyfriend’s face away and asked the doctor, “So am I going to have to take lots of drowsy prescribed medications?” 

 

His doctor laughed again, “Nothing prescribed, kid. Just take 2 aspirin every 8 hours and a tablespoon of cough syrup. Remember to drink lots of fluids, preferably things like: hot tea, or soup, or juice, or water. No milk, it’ll make you throw up. Make sure you get lots of rest and don’t over exert yourself for the next couple of days. If you’re still feeling bad in about 2 days, come back,” she professionally instructed. 

 

Jung Kook and Taehyung nodded their understanding. “Oh and one more thing, try not to kiss your boyfriend and refrain from having ual . You can pass over germs and also overwork yourself which could prolong your cold,” she added. “Well that’s not fair,” Taehyung griped as Jung Kook tried to hide his blush behind a face palm. 

 

“Can we go now?” he cutely pleaded, “This is so embarrassing.” The doctor nodded, “Yes. Go back safely and Jung Kook please take care of him,” she said patting Jung Kook’s shoulder before exiting. “She didn’t say no oral ,” Taehyung said waggling his eyebrows suggestively. I felt blood leak from my nose at that statement. This kid will be the death of me. 

 

“Uh, I think we better end here before things get too ,” Jung Kook said picking the camera up. He flipped the camera onto his boyfriend, “Say goodbye, hyung,” he instructed. Taehyung weakly smiled and flashed his ‘V’ sign, “Annyeong. I promise to be back to my old self for the next video,” he said with a cute wink. “And I promise to be back next week as well. Ciao,” Jung Kook said turning the camera back on himself once more. 

 

He covered the lens with his hand again and I heard Taehyung say, “Yah, Jeon Jung Kook, carry hyungie to the car. I’m too weak to walk.” I heard Jung Kook sigh, “Please don’t unsubscribe because Taehyung is a big baby. I promise he only acts this way when he’s sick,” he said moving his hand away from the camera. Taehyung came up behind his boyfriend and allowed him entrance into his blanket cocoon, “C’mon piggy back ride,” he ordered. Jung Kook elbowed his boyfriend away, “Yah, you’re spreading germs! Get away from me Kim Taehyung,” he snapped before stopping his recording properly.

 

I felt warm inside watching that video. It was cute to see Jung Kook taking care of Taehyung, he seemed so mature and flipping y. Those two literally gave me life every Monday, I think I was becoming addicted. “Oh well,” I said shrugging my shoulders. I was fine with that, at least I wasn’t doing hard drugs or drinking heavily.