Meet Kookie

YouTube Sensation [HIATUS]

 

Today was the day! I’ve been waiting all month for the video Taehyung was supposed to be posting today. He was supposed to be revealing Kookie today! I’ve been waiting to meet the elusive Kookie since Taehyung started his hilariously random YouTube page last year. He always talked about Kookie with so much love, that I couldn’t help but love him too…even though I’d never seen him or heard his voice. But with the way my babe, Tae, always talks about him, I know he’s something special. 

 

I slammed my dorm suite door, tossed my school bag on my bed, and quickly powered on my laptop. Taehyung was pretty punctual about his weekly video uploads (surprisingly) and today was no different, the second I clicked on my subscriptions page I was greeted with his newest upload. “ yes!” I cheered as I read the title, ‘500+ SUBSCRIBERS!!!’ I eagerly plugged in my headphones, made myself comfortable on my stomach, and clicked on the video. I excitedly wriggled as Tae’s adorable face popped up on my screen.

 

“V here,” he introduced flashing his signature ‘V’ sign, “Back for another video.” His wide dark eyes and box grin immediately lighting up my life. God, he was so attractive. He giggled cutely into the camera and then propped it up on his coffee table, I knew his house too well. “Hold on, let me get comfy guys,” he said as he wedged himself between his couch and table on the floor causing the camera to vibrate from the commotion. “You can get comfy in my bed anytime,” I mumbled to my computer screen as Taehyung continued to speak. 

 

“So,” Taehyung murmured as he rested his chin on the glass table and stared into the eye of the camera (right at me), “We made a deal, right? If you guys get me to 500 subscribers, I’d introduce you to my pride and joy.” “Yes,” I yelled excitedly while pointing at the screen, “You promised!!!” Taehyung nodded and sat back against the couch base, “You did it! I checked my account this morning and as of today I have 502 subscribers,” he said proudly throwing two thumbs up, “So, a deal’s a deal.” 

 

“That’s right a deal’s a deal!” I echoed a bit too loudly, but I was so damn excited, “Where’s Kookie?”

 

Taehyung grinned and held up a finger telling his viewers to ‘hold on.’ He hopped up and ran into the next room and then quickly returned. “Alright guys, here’s my pride and joy,” he said holding up a white fluffy puppy, “This is Kookie! You know? The Kookie I’m always talking about? This is him.” My mouth dropped open, “What?” I quietly asked. I watched in disappointment as Kookie excitedly Taehyung’s face before turning to sniff the camera, his cool wet nose leaving a streak across the lens. 

 

After he was satisfied, the puppy squirmed out of Taehyung’s hold and trotted away. Taehyung smiled into the camera and wiped the lens clean, “Well, now you’ve met my baby. I hope you’re all satisfied. Until next time,” he winked and flashed his ‘V’ sign once more before covering the camera lens with his hand. “No!” I yelled shaking my laptop, “That can’t be him!” I was pissed off, I felt cheated and lied to. 

 

“ you, Kim Taehyung,” I angrily snapped as I moved my cursor to the ‘unsubscribe’ button beneath the video, “Prepare to lose a great subscriber.”

 

Before I could click it and break up with Tae forever, I heard his distinctive laugh again. He removed his hand from the camera lens, “Annyeong,” he said through his -eating box smile, “I was just kidding. That’s not the Kookie I was talking about, though his name is Kookie, too.” “Don’t toy with me like that, man,” I cried out through a forgiving smile.

 

“I’m sorry, don’t be mad. It was funny to me,” Taehyung laughed, I’m pretty sure that was specifically directed at me. He stood up and scooped up his camera again, “Follow me,” he instructed as he walked down the hallway towards his bedroom. I felt my palms began to sweat as Taehyung pushed the door open, ‘This is it,’ I thought anxiously. 

 

Was this Kookie everything I thought he’d be? 

 

“Yah, Jeon Jung Kook,” Taehyung announced at the top of his lungs. The boy sitting on the bed looked up at him curiously, “What are you doing?” he slowly asked tugging off his oversized headphones. My eyes widened, he was gorgeous. Wide brown eyes, round cheeks, bunny teeth, black hair pushed back in a y-rockstar way, and he had even more piercings than Taehyung. “I think I’m in love,” I mumbled through an awed smile. 

 

“Say hello to my viewers,” Taehyung ordered pointing the camera at the him. Jung Kook awkwardly waved at the camera, “Annyeong-haseyo,” he said formally. His voice was just as angelic as his face. Taehyung flipped the camera around to record himself again, “That’s my boyfriend, Jung Kook. He just moved in with me. He’s 18, is in college, and he’s a singer/songwriter,” he introduced as if the younger were on a game show. 

 

He turned the camera around to face the younger again, “Isn’t he cute?” “No you’re cute, he’s beautiful,” I corrected through a thirsty smirk. The things I would do to that boy…and his boyfriend. “Hyung, please stop filming me,” Jung Kook cutely whined covering his blushing face. Taehyung laughed and turned the camera around again, “Alright guys, you’ve met my real pride and joy…so I’m going to end it here. Leave your comment about how cute you think my Kookie is OK?” He waved to the camera and then stopped his recording.

 

I eagerly scrolled down the comment box, already seeing over 100 comments. “Please show Jung Kook’s pretty face in more of your videos. He’s super cute and you two look hott together! Looking forward to next week’s video,” I commented before closing the lid of my laptop. I plopped onto my back and sighed happily, now I had another reason to look forward to Mondays.

 

LOL THIS WAS KIND OF FUN TO WRITE. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO ADD ON TO IT!