Just Like the Past

Beauty in Disguise

Being cornered again by a group of girls, Tiffany knew what was about to happen and braced herself for the impact of a punch. However, she did not expect someone to intervene. Ever since Nichkhun had been hanging with Tiffany, the chances of her getting bullied were less but that didn’t stop people from trying. Whenever they saw an opportunity, they would take it. This mainly happened whenever they knew Nichkhun wouldn’t be around. Tiffany knew that it definitely wasn’t Nichkhun but who else could it be? Hearing the voice of her helper, she thought it sounded oddly familiar. Like the voice of someone she did not want to see. Tiffany tried to reason with herself since there was no reason why they would be here. She would not believe it until she saw it with her own eyes. Slowly lifting her head, she was met with a familiar face. Her mind was filled with only one thing. ‘Taeyeon…’ Tiffany was in a state of shock but she wouldn’t allow it to show. She couldn’t reveal herself. After all she was in her disguise and was definitely not prepared for this. She only hoped that Taeyeon didn’t recognise her but that quickly went out the window once she heard her name. Tiffany knew she had to do something quickly.

“Umm… I’m sorry but I think you have the wrong person.” Tiffany whispered only loud enough so Taeyeon could hear. Tiffany quickly got to her feet and bowed to Taeyeon before walking off like nothing happened. Taeyeon took a moment to process what just happened. ‘No matter how I see it or how much she will deny it, that is definitely Stephanie but why is she dressed like that? She’s hiding something. How did she get all those bruises? How many times has she been bullied?’ These thoughts and questions filled Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon quickly followed Tiffany. She knew Tiffany didn’t want to see her but she was hurt. Taeyeon would not leave her until she knew she was okay.

“Wait!” Taeyeon panted as she caught up to Tiffany. “Geez how fast are you? Anyways, that’s not the point. You’re hurt. Let me help you.”

“It’s okay. I’m fine.” Replied Tiffany.

“No you’re not.” Taeyeon refuted, grabbing Tiffany’s wrist and started to drag her in the direction of the infirmary. Although she didn’t know her way around the school, since it was her first time here, she did remember passing the infirmary on her way to meet the principal.

Reaching the infirmary, Taeyeon pushed Tiffany down to sit on one of the beds and then immediately went around scavenging for something to clean the cuts and some ice or cream for the bruises. After finding everything, she returned and started treating the cuts. Tiffany silently watched Taeyeon at work. ‘Caring like always. You haven’t changed much have you.’ She thought while mentally smiling as she was reminded of the happier days. 

“You know, you remind me of someone I know.” Taeyeon began. “However, I make a big mistake and now I’ve lost her. I really hope that one day that she will forgive me and things will be like how they use to.” Taeyeon watched Tiffany’s expression. No matter how much she denies it, Taeyeon knows that it is Stephanie. Talking to her again was nostalgic. Although it’s still a long way from Tiffany forgiving her, all she wants right now it to be able to just see and talk to her friend. As long as she wasn’t being avoided and ignored it was fine.

Tiffany remained silent. So many things were going through her head but all she could think was that things will never go back to how they use to. She isn’t the same person she used to be.

As Taeyeon finished the infirmary door slammed opened and in comes a worried looking Seohyun. Taeyeon stood up in surprise.

“Taeyeon! Good you’re okay.” Seohyun sighed in relief. “You’ve been gone for so long that I got worried that you might have fainted.”

Taeyeon’s lip curved into a wide smile. She walked over to Seohyun and gave her a hug. “Aigoo, I’m such a bad leader for making you worried. Sorry Seohynn-ah. How about I treat you to some ice-cream.”

Tiffany didn’t want to interrupt but it was her only chance to leave.

“Thank you for everything. I should take my leave.” Tiffany said, leaving quickly before Taeyeon was able to argue.

As she closes the door behind her she let out a sigh before walking down the hallway. ‘To be honest I forgave you a long time ago but It’s myself that I haven’t forgiven. I’m glad you found yourself some wonderful friends.’

 

After discussing some details with Mr Hwang, Nichkhun was on his way out. On his way, he saw Stephanie in one of the rooms scribbling something in her notebook. He couldn’t stop smiling at how hard she was working. Having no schedule, he went to check what she was doing. Tiffany didn’t realise Nichkhun sneaking up as she continued drawing in her book.

“What are you doing?” Nichkhun asked from behind. Tiffany jumped in surprised and quickly hid what she was doing but obviously like always failed. Nichkhun got a hold of her notebook and held it out of reach so Tiffany wasn’t able to snatch it back. Annoyed that she wasn’t tall enough, she gave up and let him look through the notebook. Nichkhun began flipping through the notebook and saw all the beautiful designs.

“These designs are amazing. With this talent, you should created your on fashion brand. Why haven’t you revealed these before?”

“It’s not that great.”

Tiffany began reminiscing back to when she was young.

“Mum, why aren’t you sleeping?” Tiffany questioned.

“Oh Stephie, you’re awake. Can’t sleep?” Tiffany’s mum asked, getting a nod in return from Tiffany. Mrs Hwang lifted Tiffany into her lap, letting her see what she was doing. “I just need to finish this design. How about you help and then we can go to sleep.”

Tiffany happily agreed and began scribbling a design with her Mum.

“What are you thinking about?” Asked Nichkhun, bringing Tiffany back into reality.

“Nothing, what are doing here anyways?”

Nichkhun looked into Tiffany’s eye searching for answers. He just wanted to know what to do so he can help but he guessed that she wasn’t ready to open up. Returning her book, his phone started ringing. Nichkhun excused himself before going out of the room to answer the call.

“Khun. Where are you? Victoria is looking for you.” Taecyeon inquired. 

“Why is Victoria looking for me and couldn’t she have called me?”

“Her phone is out of battery. She came to visit and was disappointed that you weren’t here.”

Nichkhun peered through the door to find Tiffany fast asleep over her notebook. Nichkhun let out a chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Taecyeon asked curiously.

“Nothing. Sorry tell Victoria I’m busy. I’ll see you later okay. Gotta go.” Nichkhun said before hanging and returning.

Nichkhun scooped Tiffany up into his arms. ‘Still so light’ he thought as he walked over to the couch and placed her down gently being careful not to wake her up. Removing his jacket, he placed it over her like a blanket. He saw her sleeping peacefully and was about to leave when he suddenly felt a tugged on the bottom of his shirt. He looked back at Tiffany whose expression was no longer peaceful but full of sorrow and pain. That then quickly changed to fear.

“Don’t go please. Help, I’m scared.” Tiffany murmured in her sleep.

Nichkhun sat down beside her and held her hand. Tiffany’s face relaxed, no longer showing pain or fear. He continued to watch her sleeping swiping a strand of hair away from her face. “Don’t worry. I’ll be here for you.” He whispered, giving Tiffany a kiss on her forehead.

 

After a couple of hours Mr Hwang walked into the room to find Nichkhun sitting by Tiffany’s side.

“Oh, Nichkhun you’re still here.” Mr Hwang exclaimed. Nichkhun nodded and pressed a finger against his lips signalling him to be quiet.

“She’s sleeping.”

Mr Hwang nodded and turned his attention to Tiffany who was sleeping peacefully on the couch. “I haven’t seen her sleeping that peacefully since her mother was still here. Thank you Nichkhun for just being here for my daughter. She may be difficult but just bear with her.”

“No need to thank me. I’m here because I want to.” Nichkhun replied, unsure whether he should ask about her mother but curiosity got the better of him. “What happed to Tiffany’s mother?”

“She passed away.”

Nichkhun immediately regretted asking. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Don’t worry about it. No need to be sorry. Everyone will leave this world sometime. It’s just that hers was earlier than expected. I just wished Tiffany had more time with her though. Come one it’s getting late. You can leave first.”

“If only I could.” Nichkhun said as he directed Mr Hwang’s attention to Tiffany’s grip on his shirt.

“Well I guess I’ll have to trouble you.”

“It’s not a problem at all.”

 

Arriving at Tiffany’s house, Mr Hwang directed Nichkhun to Tiffany’s room. He then left to do something, leaving Nichkhun by himself. After gently placing Tiffany down onto her bed, Nichkhun sat down next to the sleeping beauty examining her room. It was mostly pink with accents of white. There was enough balance so that it wasn’t over the top but elegant instead. Tiffany shifted in her bed, finally letting go of Nichkhun’s shirt. ‘You’re too defenceless.’ He thought before exiting the room, closing the door behind him. He walked downstairs and found Mr Hwang in the living room.

“Nichkhun, are you leaving? It’s getting late. How about you just stay the night?” Mr Hwang suggested.

“Uhh…” Nichkhun hesitated.

“It’ll be fine, I know you don’t have any schedules tomorrow.”

Nichkhun nodded giving in to the request.

“Great! Here’s a change of clothing and you can use the guestroom next to Stephanie’s room. Get some sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.”

 

The next morning Tiffany woke up disorientated and confused. ‘How did I get home?’ she wondered. Tiffany got out of bed and went to have a shower when she bumped into someone. Not just someone but Nichkhun to be exact. ‘What is he doing in my house?!?’

 


Good morning/afternoon/night!! :D I dont even know anymore. So disorientated lately due to lack of sleep but the greeting would be different for everyone around the world depending on what time of day it is over where you are so why not add all three greetings. After completing what felt like a billion assignments and exams I felt like I deserved a rest. I've already started my next assignment and I still have to study for end of semester exams. So many things to do -.-

On the bright side, there's finally an update. Chapter 9 is ready!! YAY! Okay I'm a bit too excited.

So Tiffany's already forgiven Taeyeon but why hasn't she reconciled with her?

Nichkhun is slowly learning more about Tiffany and Tiffany finds Nichkhun in her home. What will happen? How will their relationship progress?

Until next time, please enjoy! :)

Oh and one last thing, Which chapter is your favourite so far? Comment below. :)

Okay yes that's all. Byeee everyone <3