Jealousy

Beauty in Disguise

Ding! The elevator slowly opened its door allowing Tiffany to enter. Nichkhun made it into the elevator just in time as the door was about to close. They stood there without saying a word as the elevator descended down.

“Thank you for accompanying me yesterday and not asking about what happened.” Tiffany spoke up shattering the silence.

“Don’t worry about it. Sometimes people just need someone there for them, especially when they need it the most. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on again just give me a call and I’ll be there. You have my number right?” Nichkhun replied with a smirk.

“Who says I want you to be there.”

“That’s too bad. I’ll be there even if you don’t want me to.”

“You should worry about your girlfriend first.” Tiffany said. Her heart pounded as she awaited an answer. Tiffany would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t curious about whether he had a girlfriend. This thought has been in the back of her mind for a while but she just didn’t know how to ask or bring up the subject.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” He responded. Tiffany’s heart relaxed after hearing his response. She felt a sense of relief wash over her. ‘Wait. What are you thinking.’ Tiffany thought. Shaking off her thoughts she replied.

“Hmm… that’s a bit surprising. It seems like you would have one. Isn’t there at least a girl that has caught your interest?”

“Actually there is one.”

Tiffany’s heart sank. Her sense of relief lasted only a second. Deep down she knew he probably did have someone but hearing it felt like an arrow piercing her heart.

“Who is it?” Tiffany questioned trying to look unfazed by his answer. Tiffany was curious. She wanted to know who was in his heart.

“That’s a secret.”

“That’s not fair. Why won’t you tell me? I even cried in front of you.” Tiffany stated, giving a pout.

Nichkhun mentally laughed. ‘How cute.’ He thought. He was watching all her reactions from the start and he liked the last one the best. The elevator came to a stop as they reached their floor.  As the doors slowly opened, Nichkhun responded.

“You will know one day.” There was a huge grin plastered onto his face as he walked out the elevator.

“Hey wait!” Tiffany called out, following Nichkhun out the building. Tiffany was about to argue but was interrupted by her driver, Mr Kim, who not only was her driver but he was also acted like her manager. Tiffany didn’t have a manager. She didn’t need one since she would maintain her schedules herself. She was basically her own manager but Mr Kim would help out at times maintaining her schedule.

“Sorry to interrupt but if we don’t leave now, we are gong to be late for your next meeting.”

“Okay I’ll be there in a minute.” Tiffany told her driver before turning her attention back to Nichkhun who stood there innocently. “We will continue this another time okay. I won’t forget this.” Tiffany eyed Nichkhun before getting into the car and driving off to her next location.

Nichkhun could only smile at her actions. ‘Tiffany. Stephanie. How interesting.’ He thought as he watched Tiffany’s vehicle drive off.

 

“Tiffany!” Bora shouted as she entered the classroom, surprising everyone by her action. Bora grabbed Tiffany by her arm and dragged her out of the classroom and to the rooftop where it was quiet and no one was around since class was about to start.

“Bora. Class is starting soon. Can’t this wait?”

“No it can’t. I’ll be quick and if we miss class, I’ve got it covered anyways. Now what’s going on with you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you alright with seeing what’s his face?” Bora asked, unsure of whether she should say his name or not.

“It’s okay. You can say his name.” Tiffany said, answering Bora’s uncertainty of using his name. “ I could lie and tell you that I’m okay but I’m not.”

Bora’s expression saddened. She could only imagine how tough it must be for Tiffany. She felt hopeless not being able to do anything to help. All she could do was to be there for her friend and to help her get through this but in the end only Tiffany can get herself through this. Bora walked over to Tiffany and gave her a long hug.

“I’m sorry for not being there for you once you saw Baekhyun. I know you probably went to the beach and cried your eyes out. You’re not as strong as you think.”

“You don’t have to apologise. I should be the one apologising for always making you worried. I know how busy you are especially with your comeback but I can’t expect you to be with me 24/7. You have your own life too and you should care more about yourself than me. You’re always looking after me and it’s about time you think about yourself. Remind me to tell Kai that he needs to spoil you a bit more.”

“And remind me to tell Nichkhun to look after you.”

“What has he got to do with this? There’s nothing happening between us.”

Bora mentally giggled at Tiffany’s quick denial. Nothing could be hidden from Bora.

“He cares a lot for you and I know you like him.” Bora mentioned with a cheeky grin.

“I do not.” Tiffany denied.

“Stop lying to yourself and admit it.”

“Okay maybe I do. Just a little bit but I have to think carefully about this before I get myself into anything and plus he has someone he likes.”

“Yeah and that person is you. Tiffany I know your last two relationships weren’t exactly the best but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give him a chance. I can see he’s different from them. Those things wont happen again. I won’t forgive him if he hurts you anyways.”

“Okay love expert. Come one, let’s go back before we decided to ditch class for good.” Tiffany said while pondering Bora’s words. ‘Before I can move on, I must face the past. It’s time to stop running.’

 

At lunch, Nichkhun came to Tiffany’s classroom again. It became a daily routine. Nichkhun would always hang out with Tiffany making everyone jealous. Whenever Tiffany was with Nichkhun, no one would harass or bully her but she knew everyone was waiting for a chance. Like usual, Nichkhun and Tiffany would go to the cafeteria to get some food before hanging out at their spot, The Greenhouse. As they were eating, a girl came over and sat down right next to Nichkhun. It was a bit too close to Nichkhun, which made Tiffany a bit uncomfortable. Tiffany didn’t want to admit she was jealous but seeing the girl link arms with him made her jealous. It wasn’t just the fact that they had their arms linked but also that Nichkhun didn’t try to unlink their arms. It was as if it was a normal thing for him, just as if he was use to it. ‘I wonder if she is the one he likes.’ She wondered. The girl paid no attention to Tiffany and started having a conversation with Nichkhun. They seemed really close that Tiffany didn’t want to interrupt their conversation. During their conversation, Nichkhun looked over at Tiffany and saw her playing with her food. He could see that she was bored and felt left out but as usual he found her actions cute.

“Tiffany.” He started, getting Tiffany’s attention. “This is Victoria. She is a childhood friend of mine.”

“Hi, I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany introduced herself with a smile as she held her hand out for Victoria to shake. Victoria took her hand and smiled but Tiffany could feel some hostility behind the smile.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.” Victoria stated still wearing the same hostile smile.

To everyone else, it seemed like there was a friendly atmosphere, even to Nichkhun. He did not notice the real atmosphere created between them.  Tiffany wanted to leave. The atmosphere was too much to handle. It was suffocating.

“Really? I haven’t heard about you until now.” Tiffany replied earning a quick glared from Victoria but it quickly returned back to her smile.

“Well what would you like to hear? We have so many stories to tell after all Nichkhun and I have been together since we were children. I don’t even know where to start.”

“How about the time when you guys became FRIENDS.” Tiffany said making sure to emphasise the word friends knowing very well her feelings for him.

Victoria wanted to strangle Tiffany but resists the urge to. She kept her composure and kept smiling like everything was fine. Nichkhun was totally oblivious to the situation. It looked like the two were getting along really well. Their conversation ended as the bell rang, ending lunch. Since Nichkhun and Victoria were in the same class, they walked back to class together leaving Tiffany to go her own separate way. As Victoria was on her way, she walked past Tiffany and told her something.  

“You better watch it. He’s mine.” Victoria said only loud enough for Tiffany to hear before walking off to catch up with Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun and the rest of 2PM had some time to spare before their appearance on Sunny’s FM Date Radio Show. They decided to go out and eat. On their way, Nichkhun had spotted Stephanie’s car. ‘Why is her car here?’ Nichkhun wondered

“Hey, isn’t that your girl?” Taecyeon questioned. Taking Nichkhun’s attention from the car to Tiffany who was walking. Everyone stopped in their tracks as their attention was also diverted to Tiffany.

“We should call out.” Wooyoung suggested ready to call out to her but Minjun clamped his hand over his mouth stopping him.

“Come on.” Minjun said dragging Wooyoung with his hand still clamped over his mouth. Wooyoung tried to protest but only muffles could be heard.

Nichkhun watched as Tiffany as she reached the car and got in. The car drove off leaving Nichkhun staring at the empty spot. Nichkhun shook himself out of his thoughts.

“Come on. Let’s go eat.” Nichkhun told s. They all started walking except Nichkhun who took one last look at where the car once was as the scene replayed in his mind. His mind became filled with so many unanswered questions. ‘Tiffany. What are you hiding?  No actually. Why are you hiding?’ Nichkhun wondered. ‘I only hope she will open up to me.’ Nichkhun let out a heavy sigh before began catching up to the others.

 


Hello my lovely readers :D. Here is another chapter out before i get busy with exams and assignments. I'm trying my best to update whenever i can. :)

Tiffany's feelings for Nichkhun are revealed.

A catfight is about to start. Who will win the battle? Probably seems obvious but who knows i might turn the tables. ;)

Who wants a flashback of how Victoria and Nichkhun met? Let me know or i might do one depending on my mood and how it fits into the story.

Thank you for reading and until next time enjoy! :D