Death

Beauty in Disguise

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes as she was greeted with darkness. With her hands tied behind her back and her ankles tied together, she couldn’t move. There were many questions running through her mind. ‘Where am I? How long have I been out for? What time is it? Am I going to die? Will anyone come and save me? Did I really have to be in the dark again?’ Tiffany was absolutely petrified. Having been in this situation before and with her mother dying after being kidnapped, the outcomes were never good. All these memories kept flashing in her mind, which did not help her situation at all. She tried her best to resist the tears. ‘Come on Tiffany, you need get yourself together.’ She encouraged herself trying to calm herself down. ‘You’ve gotten this far. You can’t give up now, you have something worth fighting for.’ Tiffany thought back to all those times she had spent with Nichkhun. Those moments were the ones she had treasured the most. Just as she was getting herself together, somebody walked into the room allowing some light to enter. It seemed like the sun was rising, which meant it was sometime in the early morning maybe around 6:00am - 7:00am.

“Morning Princess!” The kidnapper greeted cheerfully. Tiffany kept quiet and glared at him.

“Whoa there Princess. No need to be hostile. Don’t worry we’ll return you safely once we have what we need.” The kidnapper continued in a friendly but mischievous manner. Tiffany knew that was a lie. The fact that he wasn’t wearing a mask or anything made it obvious. Not hiding their identity would make it easy for Tiffany to identify and capture them if they let her go.  Either way she was not going to make it. She had to escape or she has no chance.

“Not talking? That’s fine; you look pretty just like that anyways. It would be ashamed if someone ruined your face.” He provoked while touching her face, making Tiffany grit her teeth. “Okay fine I’ll leave. I only came to check up on you and to give you some food. I can’t just let you starve. Since your hands are tied, how about I feed you?”

He scooped some soup onto the spoon and blew on it to make it cooler. Then held it near Tiffany’s mouth but she rejected him and turned her face to the side.

“Being stubborn I see. You’ve changed since the last two incidents.”

Tiffany twitched at his words. ‘He couldn’t… no it can’t be’. Needing to find answers, she questioned him. “What do you mean last two incidents?”

“Oh so the Princess finally talks. I’ll answer only if you eat something. Don’t worry I didn’t poison anything. I’ve taken a liking to you.”

Tiffany was really reluctant. Why did he want her to eat? It was definitely strange but if she was right about him then he could have poisoned her at any time. Why now? Tiffany knew she had to be cautious but what other choice did she have. She had to take a chance. She took a small sip and forced it down .

“There I ate something now give me an answer.” Tiffany demanded.

“Buahahahah!” The kidnapper burst into laughter. “What an intelligent girl you’ve become. I’ll answer you like I promised but you’ve probably figured it out.” As he was about to answer, his companion came in and whispered something in his ear. It seemed like something important was happening.

“I’m sorry Princess but it seems I have to answer you later. I have matters to attend to.” The kidnapper excused himself and left the room, leaving her in darkness again.

Although Tiffany needed wanted answers, she also knew she had to escape. The whole time he was talking to her he had left the door open, letting the light in. She took this opportunity to take note of her surroundings. The room she was in was completely surrounded by concrete walls. She sat facing the door with her back towards the back wall. There were bits of metal and wooden scraps towards her right. Peering outside she could see that she was in some type of warehouse, which meant the room she was in was most likely a storage room of some sort. The warehouse was huge and it only seem like he had one other companion. Using all this information Tiffany had pieced together a plan but it was going to be risky. It wasn’t going to ensure her safety but at least she might have a chance.

 

The kidnapper had returned two hours later. Nothing had changed. Tiffany was still in the same position.

“Did you miss me my Princess?”

“I’m not your Princess. Now give me some answers.”

“Straight to the point. I like it.” He said as he started walking toward Tiffany. He stopped right in front of Tiffany and squatted down to match her eye level. “I’ll start right from the beginning. Just like your father I had owned a fashion company. I had a loving wife and a daughter who would be your age right now. I had everything you could ask for until your father came along and ruined my career. We became bankrupt and my wife blamed everything on me. As a result she committed suicide and took my daughter with her. Your father took everything away from me. So I decided to take everything away from him. Starting from your mother.”

You could see the anger and sorrow in his eyes. Tiffany couldn’t believe what she was hearing. No, she didn’t want to believe what she was hearing. The police had said that they found and imprisoned the one responsible for her mother’s death and the kidnappings of her and her mother.

“My partner at the time got caught but I was able to escape without suspicion. They never questioned whether he had a partner or not.” He continued, as if reading my mind. “My partner hated your father as much as I did. I couldn’t leave the job unfinished, especially not after the sacrifice my partner made. That’s why you’re here right now. I have to complete what I started. I’ve been keeping a close eye on you and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to kidnap you.”

“No… it can’t be.” Tiffany whispered as she shook her head. Tiffany couldn’t think straight. She became that scared child she used to be again, weak and powerless. The child that was covered and surrounded by her mothers blood. ‘This isn’t right. Someone help!’

At that moment just when she had lost all hope, she heard Nichkhun’s voice. She thought she was imaging it but it seemed to have alerted the kidnapper as well. Now that she was able to think clearly again, this was her chance to stick with her plan. While the kidnapper was distracted, she used the metal rod in her hand and smashed it over his head with all her strength. He became unconscious immediately. She quickly untied the rope around her ankles and ran for it. Oddly enough, his companion had not been outside. ‘That’s strange.’ She thought but she had no time to dwell on it and kept running. Earlier she had untied her hands from behind. Although it was very difficult and tedious, Tiffany was somehow able to untie it. She reached out to grab the metal rod beside her as a weapon and loosened the rope around her ankle just enough so it seemed like it was still tied. She had returned to the same position as if nothing had happened, concealing the weapon behind her, waiting for the right time to attack.

 

Tiffany had no idea where she was running to, she just kept going until she spotted someone familiar.

“Nichkhun!” Tiffany yelled, relieved to see him. She ran towards him happily before she felt something pierce though her shoulder after hearing a gunshot. Tiffany’s legs gave in making her collapse. She could feel the blood oozing out of the wound. This was the end Tiffany thought. There was still so much she had to do. So many things she wanted to do and say but it’s too late. ‘I love you Nichkhun…’ She thought before she blanked out.

 

Nichkhun ran into the building and searched aimlessly through each room without even thinking about the danger he could be in. ‘Where are you Tiffany? Please be safe.’

Annoyed, angry and worried, Nichkhun thoughtlessly shouted “Tiffany!!!”

Nichkhun kept wandering the corridors until he heard his name. He turned his head around and instantly became relieved. ‘Thank goodness you’re alright.’ He started running towards her when suddenly a shot was fired, hitting Tiffany in the shoulder.

“Noooooooooo!!!” Nichkhun cried. Just before she hit the ground, He caught her in his arms. He quickly applied pressure around the wound. “Tiffany, you can’t leave me. Please wake up. Don’t go. There’s still so much I want to do and tell you. No…”

Tears continuously flowed out of his eyes as Nichkhun held her close to him. No matter how hard he tried, she wouldn’t open her eyes. “Tiffany… you can’t do this. I want to see you smile. Please stay with me.” Nichkhun continued to plead.

“Don’t move.” Ordered the kidnapper’s companion, while pointing the gun at Nichkhun.

 “That !” exclaimed the kidnapper, who joined his companion. He held his head as a drop of blood dripped down his face. He didn’t stay unconscious for long. “You! Give us back Stephanie and we’ll let you go unharmed.”

“No I will never let you touch Stephanie again.” Nichkhun scowled. He was furious; anger had filled his body as he glared at the culprits.  

“I guess you choose to die then.” Said the kidnapper, giving a signal to the companion to fire. Before the companion could shoot, they were completely surrounded.

“Drop your weapons!” commanded the Chief. The culprits had no option but to drop everything. They were taken into custody while Tiffany was quickly rushed to the hospital. She was in a critical stage and was loosing a lot of blood. ‘Please hang in there Tiffany.’

 


Hello everyone!!! :D You guys weren't expecting me to update so soon weren't you? hahaha (^_^) Well i hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It might not be as interesting as the other chapters but it does reveal a bit more of what happened to Tiffany. I swear im getting worse at describing things -.- sorry guys. i hope you can get an idea of what im trying to say or at least some of the things that i'm trying to convey in this story.

So Tiffany finally escapes but she get hurts? Will she make it?

How will the new information about her past change Tiffany? (if she survives)

If you have any questions please dont be afraid to ask me :) but i can't reveal too much ;)

Until next time ~ <3