Nightmare

Beauty in Disguise

Darkness. That was all that could be seen, a never-ending sea of pitch-black. Looking in every direction, there was nothing. Not even the slightest bit of light was present. The darkness suddenly disappeared unveiling the contents of the room. Tiffany resisted the urge to scream as she saw a body that laid motionless on the cold hard ground. She stared at their eyes, which were still wide open, in horror. A pool of blood surrounded the body. Tiffany made her way towards the body and knelt down beside it, not caring about the blood. She grabbed the body’s hand and just held it, resisting any tears that were about to fall down her cheeks. Her hands became covered in blood as she cried. “Mom? Mom!”

Tiffany woke up with a start. She was breathing heavily with sweat dripping from her head. Tiffany ran her fingers through her hair before hugging her legs close to her chest. ‘It’s been a while since I’ve had this nightmare again. It doesn’t get any better.’ She thought. Tiffany looked over at the time and noticed that it was only 3:00am. Unable to go back to sleep, Tiffany just stared at the ceiling. She was extremely grateful for the tiny bit of light shining through the window.

After staring into the abyss for what felt like hours, Tiffany finally decided to pry herself from her bed and head downstairs into the kitchen to make breakfast. ‘It’s been a while since I’ve made food.’

 

As Tiffany finished making breakfast, Bora had arrived through the door. To Bora, this was like her home. Tiffany has known Bora since she can remember and her father treated Bora like his own, so she had her own set of keys. Last night Bora had a late night dance practice otherwise she would have slept over. Smelling food, Bora walked into the kitchen. To her surprise, she saw Tiffany awake and cooking.

“You had that nightmare again didn’t you?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Bora asked with concern.

 “No, I’m fine. Here I made breakfast.” Tiffany replied handing a delicious looking plate of eggs and bacon.

Bora dropped the subject and changed the topic. She didn’t want to force her into talking about it since it was a very delicate subject. She will talk about it when she is ready.

“Is this even edible?” Bora joked.

“Just eat it or I’ll make you eat it.” Tiffany replied, picking up a piece of bacon and was about to force it into Bora’s mouth.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll eat.” Bora said, giving in.

“It’s quite lively in here.” Tiffany’s father rejoiced as he joined Tiffany and Bora at the table.

“Ah Dad you’re up. I made food.”

“Is this edible?” he questioned.

“Not you too. Yes of course it is edible. Bora is still here isn’t she.” Tiffany refuted, giving a pouted. 

“Yeah it’s edible but I’m not sure about the taste.” Bora kidded.

“haha come on guys. Eat up, we have a big day ahead of us.” Mr Hwang informed.

 

It was hectic backstage at the fashion show. Everyone was busy preparing and getting ready so that the fashion show would be a success. Tiffany’s father had gone back to the office for a while to complete some paperwork and Bora had an interview. So it was just Tiffany helping with the preparations for the time being. Tiffany was busy preparing and sorting the clothing for the models and the special guest. Tiffany wasn’t sure who the special guests were; her father had only told her that they were from SM Entertainment. She only hoped that it wasn’t whom she was thinking of. Finishing the preparations with the clothing, Tiffany went to help with other arrangements. As she was walking, she saw the person she hoped she wouldn’t see. The person she had been avoiding for the past five years but I guess they were bound to bump into each other sooner or later since they were both in the entertainment industry. Tiffany just hoped that it was later.

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany said barely audible. She stood there with mixed feelings.

Taeyeon looked up after hearing her name and caught sight of Tiffany standing in front of her. She was about to speak when the rest of the SNSD members started to appear one after another. Tiffany’s expression changed as she plastered a smile onto her face.

“So you guys must be the special guests for today. It’s nice to finally meet you guys. I’m Stephanie.” Tiffany introduced as she revealed her famous eye smile.

SNSD started to introduce themselves as a group first and then began introducing themselves separately.

“So I guess we should get started. Just go get your hair and make up ready and your outfits are all prepared ready for you to change. If you have any questions you can ask the staff or you can come ask me. I’ll check up on you guys in an hour.” Tiffany instructed before bowing and continuing to walk.

All the members of SNSD had started to move except for one. A voice called out to Tiffany making her stop in her tracks.

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon spoke, making Tiffany freeze in her spot with her back still facing Taeyeon. “I’m sorry.”

The words echoed in Tiffany’s head. Her expression went grim. Without responding, Tiffany unfroze and continued to walk, leaving Taeyeon to stand there all by herself.

‘I wonder if she will ever forgive me.’ Taeyeon said to herself, staring at the empty space where Tiffany once stood before leaving to join the others.

 

As all the members were getting their hair and make up done, they began chatting amongst themselves.

“I can’t believe we just met Stephanie. The one and only Stephanie Hwang.” Declared Yuri as her inner fan girl got the better of her.

“Me too. She is so much prettier in person. I wish I was like her.” Yoona stated.

“Yeah too bad you can’t be like her.” Hyoyeon joked, making Yoona throw a make up sponge at her.

“Her eye smile just melts people’s hearts.” Sooyoung said dreamily.

“Sooyoung. Earth to Sooyoung, you’re drooling and it’s really unattractive.” Jessica mentioned.

“Just leave her to herself.” Sunny told Jessica. “So she can also drool at other things except food.”

“She is so talented. I reckon she can sing as well.” Seohyun spoke up, voicing her thoughts.

All the members except Taeyeon turned to face Seohyun as a light bulb went off in their heads. Even Sooyoung had snapped out of her dreamland.

“We should get Stephanie to audition for SM Entertainment and she can join our group. I always wanted to work with her and to become friends.” Sooyoung said as she voiced what everyone was thinking. “What do you think Taeyeon?”

“I don’t think she would want to.” Taeyeon replied, biting her bottom lip.

“Why not?” Sunny asked

‘Because I’m the one who made her leave SM Entertainment in the first place and the reason why she gave up singing.’ Taeyeon thought to herself but never voiced it out loud.

The members looked at Taeyeon, waiting for an answer. “She would have auditioned already if she wanted to sing.” Taeyeon replied.

“You can try and convince her.” Seohyun requested, showing Taeyeon her puppy eyes, which she knew Taeyeon couldn’t resist saying no to.

“Okay. I’ll try.” Taeyeon responded, giving in to Seohyun.

 

The fashion show ran smoothly and was a huge success. They were already getting great reviews and the clothing has become a hot topic. After the fashion show, Tiffany had left for a photo shoot. Bora was also about to leave after helping the staff in packing up the equipment until someone caught her eye, making her stop in her tracks.

“Taeyeon… What are you still doing here?”

“Bora. I wanted to talk to Steph but it looks like she already left.” Taeyeon said with a dejected expression. “Are you free? Cause I was wondering if we could talk instead. We can talk over coffee or lunch although it’s a bit late for lunch but I’m sure you haven’t eaten. It’s been a while since we’ve hung out.”

Bora saw how desperate and despondent Taeyeon was so she accepted her offer. She had no schedules either so it worked out.

 

After arriving at a café close by, Bora and Taeyeon took a seat at the back where it was secluded. They made sure they had their disguises so they wouldn’t be noticed by fans, otherwise things could become quite troublesome. Lucky the café was quite empty. After the waiter took their orders, they sat there in silence before Taeyeon spoke.

“Stephanie.” she began. “ She’s never going to forgive me. She hates me doesn’t she? I wouldn’t be surprised if she does after what I did.”

“Tiffany, she has been through a lot these past few years but I don’t think she hates you.” Bora paused for a moment before continuing. “I think blames herself for what happened. She thinks you would be happier without her.”

“It wasn’t her fault, it was mine. I just want things to go back to the way it was but I guess I ruined any chance of that.”

“Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and all we can do is try to fixed them and learn from them. Mistakes make us who we are. Things constantly changed and nothing will ever be the same. Tiffany has changed more than you think. She doesn’t trust anyone that easily anymore. She has set up a defence for herself.”

“It’s my fault that she is like this isn’t it?”

“Well I can’t say you weren’t a factor in this but something else happened after we left. After the incident she just wasn’t the same. She hasn’t only been avoiding SM Entertainment because of you but there is also someone else she doesn’t want to see there, someone who made her change completely. Just give her some time. I sincerely hope there is someone who can help her trust again. Someone she can openly talk to about her past.”

 


Well that escalated quickly. Things just got serious. ;)

Hello everyone! Finally out with Chapter 5. Sorry for the lack of khunfany moments but it does touch on a bit of Tiffany's past. Her past is still a bit of a mystery but it will be revealed slowly throughout the story. I'll try not to drag it on too much but i still have to keep you guys guessing. Finally Taeyeon has appeared. How do you think she ties in with the story? 

I'm thinking of revealing Bora's boyfriend in the next chapter. Who would you like to see with Bora?