Masquerade Ball

Beauty in Disguise

‘Ding Dong!’ the doorbell rang.

Bora’s heart started to beat faster. It was finally the evening of the Masquerade Ball and she was nervous. This was the first Ball that she was going to with Kai. She wished Tiffany was going but no matter how much she tried to convince her, she would not budge but at least she was here helping Bora get ready. Despite her nervousness, she was also excited.

“Oh my gosh, he’s here. What do I do?” Bora panicked.

Tiffany smiled at her friend’s cuteness and went to calm her friend. Tiffany held Bora’s hands in hers and looked straight into her eyes.

“You look absolutely stunning, like always. Kai will be shocked at how beautiful you look. I’ll go get the door so just take a few deep breaths to calm down.” Tiffany said, giving her an encouraging smile before going to answer the door.

Opening the door, Tiffany was faced with a sleek looking Kai. His hair was styled back out of his face. He looked perfectly handsome wearing a charcoal black suit with a black dress shirt and tie. Complementing his suit, he had a ruby red rose boutonniere with baby breaths surrounding it. In his hands, was a matching corsage for Bora. Kai stepped through the door and followed Tiffany.

“Looking good but wait until you see Bora. You’ll be stunned.” Tiffany complemented, leading the way to Bora.

Kai stopped in his steps as he saw Bora. She looked stunning and y in the black lace dress that shaped her body perfectly. It flowed down to the floor leaving a small trail at the back. The lace still allowed her perfectly toned legs to be shown. Kai could not take his eyes off her. He definitely had to keep her close to his side tonight.

Breaking both their attentions away from each other. Tiffany excused herself, leaving Bora’s house. She could have just left without them noticing but it felt like they were just going to stare at each other for the whole night instead of going to the Ball.

Returning home, Tiffany was greeted by her father as she walked through the door.

“What’s happening?” Questioned Tiffany, giving her father a curious look.

“Come here. Let’s have a talk.” Mr Hwang replied.

Tiffany sat down next to her father on the living room sofa.

“I’m sorry for everything that you have been through and for not being able to protect you. You have had it tough. First the incident with your mother and then the one with you.”

Tiffany shook her head in protest. “No it wasn’t your fault. You have been through a lot too.”

“Not as much as you have. I wish your mother were still here to see how much you have grown. She would be so proud. Your mother loved you very much and she wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything. She wouldn’t want you missing out on this Masquerade Ball.”

“I know but every time I think about it, I start to miss her and wonder what it would be like if she was still here. Sometimes I even feel like her incident was my fault and I start to feel guilty.” Tiffany voiced her thoughts while looking down, staring into space. Tears filled her eyes as she talked. She couldn’t look her father in the eyes. She felt like everything was her fault.

Her father placed a hand on her cheek as he wiped a tear that fell down her face. “It isn’t your fault. Although your mother left this world early, she is watching you from somewhere far away. Before she left she had so many things planned for you.” Said Tiffany’s father before he reached over to grab the box and handed it to Tiffany. 

Tiffany looked from her father to the box. It looked exactly like the box her mother gave her that held the pretty pink dress for her first event. She untied the bow and carefully opened the box revealing a beautiful and elegant dress.

“Your mother designed it for you. She has been preparing and waiting for a day like this. Now come on. Go get dressed. I’ve already asked Mr Kim to prepared the car.”

Tiffany gave her father a bear hug before going to get changed.

 

Everyone was having a blast at the Masquerade Ball. Nichkhun stepped out onto the balcony into the quietness. He looked over the school’s courtyard enjoying the night. Bora wanted to talk to Nichkhun and found him on the balcony.

“What are you doing out here all by yourself?” Asked Bora.

“No reason in particular. Just getting some fresh air.” Nichkhun replied.

“I guess it must be hard with all the girls swooning over you.” Bora commented as she made her way next to Nichkhun.

“Talking about girls swooning, shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend. Heaps of girls must be swooning over him.”

“He’ll be fine. Just came out here to talk to you for a second. I want to thank you for looking after Tiffany. I know you care about her a lot. Please continue to protect her but if you hurt her, I won’t forgive you.”

“You don’t have to worry. I’ll be by her side forever, even if she doesn’t want me there. I know she is hiding something but I hope she will open up to me in her own time.”

“You have noticed a lot about her.” Bora said with a smile. “She is the happiest when she is with you. It is nice to finally see her smile so brightly again. I know she will open up to you sometime. We should probably go back in.”

Nichkhun nodded in agreement before they made their way back into the hall. After re-joining everyone in the hall, Nichkhun was surprised to see Tiffany entering the hall. She was completely gorgeous in her elegant red dress. The dress was strapless with silver crystal detailing on the bodice. The rest of the dress flowed out. The front stopped midway at the thighs and gradually became longer going around to the back until it reached the ground leaving a small trail. It revealed her beautiful legs and her fabulous silver pumps. While everyone was stunned and too busy whispering to each other, Nichkhun made his way to Tiffany.

“Excuse miss but may I have this dance?” Nichkhun asked, holding his hand out.

Tiffany looked into his eyes and smiled. She took his hand and nodded. Nichkhun guided Tiffany to the dance floor as a slow song began to play. He wrapped he hands around her waist while Tiffany placed her hands on his shoulders. They began swaying to the beat.

“You decided to show up tonight.” Nichkhun said quietly.

“I had a change in mind.”

“Do I have something to do with your change in mind?”

“Possibly.”

“I’ll just take that as a yes.” He said with a cheeky smirk causing Tiffany’s mouth curl into a smile.

They continued to dance to their hearts content until the dancing halted to introduce the guest who was going to perform. Stepping onto the stage was a familiar face. It was none other than the one and only Taeyeon. Some people began fangirling and fanboying at the sight of her. Stephanie stood still as their eyes met. Tiffany gave Taeyeon a small encouraging smile. Taeyeon reciprocated the smile and began talking.

“Hello everyone. I hope everyone is having a wonderful night. I want to dedicate this first song to a friend of mine. I hope one day we can reunite.” She mentioned while looking directly at Tiffany. The music started to play as she began singing ‘Divine’.

Tiffany’s eyes started to fill with tears as Taeyeon sang. The lyrics resonated through her body. As the song ended, Tiffany excused herself and made her way out to the balcony. Taeyeon saw Tiffany make her way out and excused herself to follow Tiffany. Although Nichkhun saw Tiffany crying, he knew she needed comfort but not from him. He just hoped that she was all right. Taeyeon slowly approached Tiffany who was gazing at the stars in the sky. Tiffany spoke up first surprising Taeyeon.    

“Remember those times when we would camp outside, gazing at the stars.” Tiffany reminisced.

“And we would stay up late and talk all night about random things.” Taeyeon recalled with a huge smile plastered on her face.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon.” Tiffany apologised, turning around to face Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s smile slowly started to fade away.

“No, I’m the one who should be apologising. After all, I did betray you by going out with Baekhyun although he was your boyfriend. I am a horrible friend for going behind your back and stealing your boyfriend.”

Tiffany shook her head before replying, “I’m the horrible friend. I’ve always had a feeling something was going on between you guys but I always ignored it. I never considered your feelings and it must have been hard for you to talk about it.”

“But…”

“When I saw you two together, it only proved the feeling I had so it didn’t hurt as much. Youse two look really happy together that I felt you and Baekhyun would be better without me. So I left without a word. I must have worried you for leaving without a word. Sorry for letting you think I was mad at you for all these years. It wasn’t your fault. I was having a battle with myself. Thank you for not giving up on me. I’ve missed you.”

Taeyeon went over to Tiffany and gave her a hug. “I’ve missed you too. Look at us fighting over whose fault it is. Let’s have a fresh new start.”

Tiffany nodded in agreement. Releasing from the hug, Tiffany knew what she had to do next. “Let’s catch up later, there is something I need to tell Nichkhun.”

“Of course and you have to tell me all about you and Nichkhun. You can’t leave out any details.”

“I’ll try not to. Would you be able to tell him to meet me in the Greenhouse.”

“Roger. I’m on it.” Taeyeon said, giving Tiffany a grin before going back in the hall to tell Nichkhun.

 

Tiffany took off her mask as she waited for Nichkhun. Strolling around the Greenhouse, she was reminded of the first time they met. Too busy in her own world, Tiffany took no noticed of someone approaching her. A dark figure emerged from behind her, reaching out and clamping their hands over Tiffany’s mouth. Tiffany began to struggle and panic. Images from the last incident began flashing in her head. Tiffany tried to scream but their grip was too firm. She was helpless. ‘Nichkhun. Help.’ He was the last thing she thought of before blacking out and dropping her mask in the progress.

 


Hello my lovely readers :D I'm finally back with the next chapter. Did you guys miss me? I have finally finished all my assignments and exams. YAY HOLIDAYS!!! I just hope i didn't fail -.-

This chapter is a bit longer. It's the night of the Masquerade Ball. Everyboady get excited! Or i'll just get excited myself...

Tiffany and Taeyeon rekindle their friendship. Tiffany gets kidnapped. I wonder what will happen next?

Thank you and I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter. Until next time byeee~ :D.