Sleeping Beauty

Beauty in Disguise

“Fany! Wake up we’re going to be late for school.” Said Bora while shaking the sleeping beauty.

“Just 5 more minutes please. I swear.” Tiffany mumbled as she rolled onto her side.

Bora sighed. Since trying to wake her up nicely didn’t work, I guess ill just have to wake her up using a different approach.

“Hwang Miyoung! Get up NOW! It’s 8:00am!” Bora yelled.

Tiffany’s eyes flung open.

“What time did you say it was?”

“8:00am.”

“Crap! Bora why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” Tiffany shouted as she quickly ran into the bathroom to get ready.

‘Well I did but someone kept on ignoring me. Well at least she woke up that time otherwise I would have thrown a bucket of water at her face, which wouldn’t have made her too happy.’ Bora said to herself.

“Come on Bora, let’s go.” Tiffany said, breaking Bora from her thoughts.

“Are you really going to school like that again?” asked Bora, looking at her friend from her head to her toes. She looked like a stereotypical nerd. Her hair was in two piggy tails with her glasses and fringe hiding her face, which was a shame since it concealed her beauty but I guess that was the whole point.

“Yes. Now let’s go.” Replied Tiffany, dragging Bora out the door.

 

We reached the classroom just as the bell rang.

“That was close.” Said Tiffany while taking a seat at her desk.

“Yeah and we would have definitely been late if sleeping beauty hadn’t woken up” replied Bora, taking a seat next to Tiffany.

“It wasn’t my fault that I was too tired.”

“Yeah sure it wasn’t.” Bora retorted, making an emphasis on the word sure.

“Fine it was my fault but I’ll make it up to you. Just tell me what you want.”

“How about you remove your disguise and just be yourself?”

“Nope. Anything but that.”

Bora was about to argue but was interrupted by the teacher who walked and started to write something on the board, signalling the beginning of class.

“Fine, I’ll think about it and tell you later.” Bora whispered, giving up on the request.

Tiffany gave a slight nod and began writing notes as the teacher talked about the history of Korea.

Bora sighed as she looked over at her friend who had given up on writing notes and had started to stare out the window. Bora hated seeing Tiffany like this. She didn’t hate how Tiffany looked; she hated how Tiffany felt the need to hide behind her disguise. She just wanted to see her friend be happy and to be herself. Bora never really cared for looks, money or status but other people did and took advantage of Tiffany for it. After all her father is the CEO of the most famous fashion company and she had also made a name for herself being one of the most famous models in Korea. She often models for her father and even helps out with the designs and choices for the company. Tiffany got sick and tired of everyone pretending to be her “friend”, therefore she changed. Although she only changed her appearance, Bora noticed something else that also changed. Her smiles weren’t as bright as before and sometimes she would force smiles. Tiffany tries to act normal but deep down she was still hurting. ‘I guess I would be too if the same thing happened to me.’ Bora thought as she sighed for the second time.

“Bora. Bora!” Tiffany exclaimed ripping Bora from her thoughts. “Its lunch time now. Don’t you have to meet your boyfriend?”

“Oh yeah, are you sure you don’t want to come eat with us?” asked Bora.

“Yep, I’m sure, I don’t want to be third wheeling.”

“But what are you going to do?” Bora questioned giving a worried look. Bora never liked leaving Tiffany alone in school since she was a target for bullies. Something could happen and nobody will be there to help her.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” Said Tiffany giving a reassuring smile. “And plus this isn’t the first time I’ve been by myself.”

Bora contemplated, trying to think of another solution that did not involve leaving Tiffany alone but since she couldn’t think anything else she had to comply. “Okay but if anything happens you have to tell me.” Bora replied before she made her way to the courtyard to meet her boyfriend.

Tiffany could never hide anything from Bora. She always had a way of finding things out or getting you to tell her. Bora was Tiffany’s only real friend so they tell each other everything anyways. Tiffany understood why Bora was worried but she didn’t want to interrupt her time with he boyfriend. They hardly get to spend time with each other since they were always both busy with their careers of being Singers/Models. Tiffany wasn’t too worried about being bullied. People are jealous and don’t think someone like her should be hanging out with the school’s goddess but since they didn’t want to displease Bora, the most they did was glare at her and give snide comments which I ignored most of the time. Who knows what people might do though. One day they might suddenly decide to push me down the stairs “accidentally”.

 

After getting past all the glares, whispers and snide comments, Tiffany finally made it to the Greenhouse. It was the only place that was quiet and seldom visited by people. She liked it here not only because it was quiet but also because there were so many beautiful plants. This place gave her a sense a nostalgic. The green house was huge and filled with a variety of plants that ranged from fruits to herbs to flowers. It pretty much had everything. As Tiffany was walking through the Greenhouse admiring the roses, she suddenly tripped over something causing her to fall. It wasn’t just something that made her trip but it was a leg to be exact.

“ Ouch!” exclaimed Tiffany, turning around to see what she tripped over but instead finds a person. He had dark brown eyes and short brown hair. He was handsome but also cute due to his baby face. He looked oddly familiar to Tiffany but she couldn’t remember why he looked so familiar.

“Oh my gosh, are you okay?” asked Tiffany once she had realised that she had tripped over his leg.

He let out a chuckle. “You’re worried about me when you’re the one that fell?”

Tiffany nodded with a worried expression still plastered on her face.

“I’m okay but are you okay?” he asked while standing up to give Tiffany a hand.

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” he questioned as he pointed to her knee.

Tiffany looked down at where he pointed and realised that her knee was bleeding. Ignoring it she looked back up and answered, “Yup, I’m sure.”

The guy let out another chuckle.

“You’re a tough one but I think you should get the wound checked out. Can you walk?”

Before Tiffany could reply she was lifted off the ground. He carried her like a princess and started walking, which caused Tiffany to blush slightly.

“Wait! What are you doing?”

“Taking you to the Infirmary.”

“I can walk. You can put me down.”

Ignoring her, he continued to walk while Tiffany struggled to get out of his grip but he was too strong for her.

“You’re going to fall you know.”

“Well you can put me down you know”

When he didn’t respond Tiffany decided to stop struggling since he wasn’t going to put her down and she didn’t exactly want to fall again.

“Aren’t I heavy?”

“Nope, quite the opposite actually. Have you even been eating?”

“Ofcourse I have been eating. Who wouldn’t?” Tiffany lied. Lately she hadn’t been eating properly. She just didn’t have much of an appetite and she was also always busy with modeling and helping her father that she didn’t really thinking about eating.

The rest of the way to the infirmary was silent. When they walked through the hallway, Tiffany had buried her head in the guy’s chest to avoid people’s stares. She didn’t want anyone recognising her since she was already on everyone’s hate list for being Bora’s friend. She didn’t want anymore trouble because this guy definitely has a lot of fangirls.

We finally reached the Infirmary where he placed me down on one of the beds. The nurse wasn’t there so he decided to treat my wound instead. He examined my wound before starting to clean and bandage it.

“The wound isn’t that deep so you don’t need any stitches. It should heal in a few weeks but it might leave a scar so use this on the wound and it will look as if nothing was there.” He advised while handing over the product.

“Are you like a Doctor?”

“No but I know a lot more about treating injuries than you think.”

“Okay whatever you say Doctor.”

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch. Tiffany was about to stand when she was pushed back down, now lying on the bed.

“You should stay and get some rest.” Said the guy.

“But I’m okay.” Tiffany replied, trying to get up but epically failed as she was pushed back down.

“Sleep. Now.” Demanded the guy.

Tiffany was about to protest but the tiredness got the better of her and plus the bed was comfy. Her eyes closed and she began to drift off.

The guy’s lips curled into a wide smile as he watched Tiffany sleeping peacefully.

‘What an interesting girl.’ He thought before making his way to class.

 


Hellloooo guys. Here is the first chapter. I tried to make the chapter relatively long cause i know how it feels having to wait for an update. I apologise if it isn't long enough. I'll try and make the second chapter longer if you guys would like that.

So can anyone guess who the guy is? I bet everyone can cause it's pretty obvious. Sorry for the bad description of him. As you can see im not very good at describing things but i tried my best.

What did you guys think about the first chapter?