Saviour

Beauty in Disguise

Nichkhun just stared at the clock as time passed by slowly, waiting for the bell to ring. Today, the teacher was talking about Shakespeare and about his plays, which made pretty much everyone fall asleep. When the bell finally rang, Nichkhun got up excitedly.

“Going to see your girl again?” asked Minjun.

“You bet.” He answered before leaving the classroom to go to Tiffany’s. On his way, he was stopped by someone.

“Khun!” A voice called out. “Wanna go and have some lunch with me?”

“Sorry Victoria. I can’t. See you later.” Nichkhun replied, shaking off her offer before he continued his way to Tiffany’s classroom.

Victoria’s sweet and innocent expression changed suddenly when Nichkhun was out of sight. She now wore a mean and revengeful expression.

“Hmph, well let’s see if you can find her first.” Victoria said to no one in particular, while a devilish smirk appeared on her face. “Soon you will be mine. Just wait and see.”

Nichkhun finally reached Tiffany’s classroom only to find that Tiffany was nowhere to be seen. ‘That’s strange, she should be here.’ He thought. He was thinking that she may have gone to the Greenhouse but something seemed strange. Something was not right. So he asked one of her classmates about her whereabouts.

“Did you happen to know where Tiffany is?” Nichkhun asked only to be answered by squeals and screams. Nichkhun got a bit annoyed but he needed an answer, so he put on his sweetest smile and did some fan service. He grabbed the classmate’s hand, cupping it in between his hands and looked straight into her eyes before asking, “Excuse me miss but do you happen to know where Tiffany went?”

The girl looked like she was about to faint. She had open, silently screaming and fanning herself with her free hand. Her face was as red as a tomato but she regained her composure and managed to reply.

“She went with a group of girls and they were walking in the direction of the courtyard.”

Nichkhun thanked the classmate and gave her a wink, this time making her faint before running off to the courtyard. Nichkhun scanned the courtyard in every direction but he still was not able to find Tiffany. ‘Where is she?’ He thought. Nichkhun heard a group of girls yelling, cursing and shouting insults. He decided to see whether Tiffany was there and ran in the direction of the yelling. As he got closer, he saw a group of girls surrounding a girl lying on the ground. She wasn’t moving. Nichkhun couldn’t see the girls face but he knew that it was Tiffany.

“Tiffany!” he yelled, shocking the group of girls, making them stop what they were doing and started backing away from Tiffany. He went to her side and kneeled down beside her. She was covered in bruises and her lip was bleeding. Her eyes were closed but she was still breathing.

“Tiffany?” he called again, completely ignoring the group of girls and just worried about Tiffany. Tiffany’s eyes slowly opened.

“Nichkhun?” She questioned not sure whether she was dreaming or not.

Nichkhun scooped her up into his arms in one go, holding her close to his chest.

“Don’t worry, you’re okay now. I will be here for you.”

Tiffany’s lips curled into a slight smile despite the pain she was in. She could feel the warmth radiating from Nichkhun.  

“Thank you.” She replied before closing her eyes again and slipping into the darkness while listening to his heartbeat.

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes, revealing the white celling of the infirmary. She blinked a couple of times to let her eyes adjust to the brightness of the room. Tiffany looked around at her surroundings and saw Nichkhun sitting beside her. ‘I guess I wasn’t dreaming. How long has he been sitting there?’ Tiffany wondered. She slowly tried to prop herself up but was struggling to do so. Nichkhun noticed and helped her. He examined her and sighed in relief as he saw that she was fine.

“Are all these bandages really necessary? It makes it look worse than it actually is.”

“Don’t worry, the nurse took a look at you and everything seemed alright but she just wanted to be extra careful, just in case and she also wants you to go get a X-ray and a CT scan.”

“So this time you weren’t the one to examine my injuries, Doctor.”

“I figured you might want someone more qualified.”

“Aren’t you thoughtful.”

“I’m glad you’re okay. I was worried.”

“Thank you.”

“You keep saying that.”

“I can’t express how thankful I am.”

“Well you don’t have to thank me. I’m doing this cause I want to.”

“Thank…” Tiffany started but Nichkhun gave her the what did I tell you look.

“You.” Tiffany finished, sticking her tongue out at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun chuckled at her stubbornness.

“Fine, I’ll let you go this time.” Nichkhun told Tiffany gaining one of Tiffany’s adorable eye-smile. “Come on, I’ll take you to go get your X-ray and CT scan.”

“It’s okay, I’ll go by myself.”

“Do we have to go through this again? Cause I know you won’t go.”

“Okay, fine.”

 

After finishing the X-ray and CT scan, the results showed there was nothing wrong. Tiffany went off to complete some paperwork and to pay the medical bill, while Nichkhun waited patiently in the waiting room.

“Excuse me. How much is the medical bill?” Asked Tiffany.

“Oh, you don’t need to worry about that. It has already been paid for.” The nurse replied.

“What do you mean? By who?” Tiffany questioned as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“By the young man who was with you. He’s your boyfriend right? He is so sweet and kind and you can see he cares a lot about you. He is a keeper you know.” The nurse said with a smile on her face.

Tiffany glanced over at Nichkhun who was now playing with a little boy. A smile appeared across Tiffany’s face. Tiffany completed the paper work and thanked the nurse before returning to Nichkhun’s side.

“I see you made a friend.” Tiffany said getting Nichkhun’s attention.

“Ah yeah, this is Lincoln.” Nichkhun replied.

“Hi Lincoln. I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany introduced.

“I know. Nichkhun has been talking about you. He says you’re beautiful.”

“Did he now?” Tiffany questioned, switching her attention to Nichkhun who was looking over in another direction. Trying not to make eye contact with Tiffany causing Tiffany to giggle. 

Nichkhun watched Tiffany with a smile on his face as she played with Lincoln. He was happy that she was having fun and laughing. She is beautiful and he will make sure she knows it. It was time to say goodbye to Lincoln. Lincoln gave Tiffany a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before going to his mother’s side.

“What about me? Don’t I get a hug and a kiss on the cheek too?” Nichkhun asked giving a fake hurt look.

“You can get a hug and a kiss from Tiffany.” Lincoln responded with a cheeky smile on his face. This made Tiffany turn red. Tiffany hid her face trying to calm herself. They waved goodbye to Lincoln as he left leaving Tiffany and Nichkhun alone.  

“So do I get that hug and kiss?” Nichkhun teased, making Tiffany turn red again just after she calmed herself down. Tiffany tried to hide her face but Nichkhun wouldn’t let her. Nichkhun looked Tiffany straight in the eyes.

“You are beautiful.” Nichkhun told Tiffany, making her blush even more. Her face was as bright as a tomato. Nichkhun thought it was cute. He wanted to see more sides of her. On their way out, Tiffany’s face turned serious.

“You know you didn’t have to pay for my medical bill. I can pay it myself.”

“I know but I wanted to.”

“I’ll pay you back then.”

“I don’t want you to pay me back. I don’t care about the money.”

“Then how can I repay you then.”

“You don’t have to.”

“But…”

“Okay then how about you repay me but looking after yourself and smiling more?”

“I’ll try but I can’t guarantee anything.”

“As long as you try then it’s okay.”

Nichkhun offered to take Tiffany home but Tiffany rejected. She couldn’t let Nichkhun know where she lived, that would only reveal herself. She felt like she could trust him and just reveal who she was so she didn’t have to hide anymore but something was holding her back. She couldn’t let him know, not yet.

 

After returning home and only just walking through the front door of her house, she was greeted with an angry and worried Bora.

“Bora, I thought you weren’t coming home until tomorrow morning? How was Japan?”

“We finished our promotions and activities earlier than expected.” Bora explained as her expression went softer. “It was really good, wait… don’t change the subject. I come back home to hear that you were with Nichkhun, which we will talk about later but that you were also hurt. Who were these girls that bullied you? I am going to kill those es.”

“Wow, news does travel really fast. I’m fine, really. Everything is okay, it’s just some bruises and it can be covered with makeup so no one will notice. I’m use to it anyways.”

“These things, a person shouldn’t get used to you know.”

“I know.” Tiffany said giving a sad smile. “But I’m glad I have you to look out for me. I never told you how thankful I am to have you by my side. If you weren’t here, I probably won’t be here. So thank you Bora for putting up with me. I must be a handful.”

“Yeah you are but I don’t mind. I’ll always be here.” Bora replied, giving Tiffany a hug while trying not to touch her bruises. “Now I want to hear all about Nichkhun and why you haven’t told me about him.”

“We can have a girls night and you have to give me an update on your boyfriend too.” Tiffany said excitedly as they made their way upstairs to Tiffany’s room.

 


Hello again my lovely readers! Chapter 4 is finally ready for you guys. :D

The new character is revealed and it is the lovely VIctoria. I don't have anything against her but someone needed to be the bad guy.

I swore again and this time I wrote the whole word. I'm sorry.

I'm still deciding when to reveal Bora's boyfriend but i'll try to make it soon.

Thank you for reading. :)