Day Off

The unsatisfied Life ***(HIATUS)***

Kris awoke to the smell of Bacon and pancakes. Upon opening his eyes, barely enough to see anything, what he could see through the slights of his eyes was a large tray that contained a gigantic plate filled with food on it sitting upon a small table that his mom must of brought in while he was sleeping, so he really had really smelled food, it wasn't his imagination after all. Pursing his lips hungrily before them, he could imagine how good the food would taste once he put it in his mouth, he could already feel the delicious remains sliding down his gullet after he'd finish chewing it to shreds. "Thanks umma" he said, grunting as he pulled himself up into a sitting position, although she was nowhere in sight, probably doing the dishes or doing the laundry.  "When did I get home last night? How long have I been asleep?"


Kris brought his head up to his forehead as he felt a slight fever pass through him, "Is this because of all the practice I've been doing? I have been stressing a bit too much about it lately."


 He remained in that position until he felt his stomach grumble with extreme hunger, "I guess I should eat breakfast before it gets cold... if it isn't already." Scooting over to the small table that his mom had set the tray of food on, Kris grabbed the cup of syrup before smearing it onto his pancakes, watching as the excess of it attempted to smother his bacon, hash browns, and scrambled eggs, he also salted the eggs and hash browns before grabbing the fork and small butter knife that was sitting to the side of the plate and dug in as if he hadn't eaten in an entire week.


"Are you feeling better sweetie?" a soft, gentle voice asked as he stuffed his mouth full of eggs, "mmghh?" he replied, looking up to see his mother standing in the doorway of his room. "I... I have a small fever but I'm feeling fine otherwise" he properly answered after rushing to chew the food in his mouth and swallow it hastily. "OH! Maybe you should stay in bed today then, I can get you medicine if you want" "No, It's fine, it's not that bad......" he paused to think about how he's been working excessively since Mr. Hayato assigned him the latest assignment ".... I do think it'll be good for me to stay home though, I do need a day off from this assignment."

 

Kris' mother nodded, smiling happily at the announcement that Kris would take some time to recover from working hard instead of continuing to exhaust himself, "I'm glad, I must go, I'll be late to work if I don't head out. Don't be afraid to call if you need anything, I'll take time off to get you anything you need", Kris nodded in acknowledgement before returning to shoving the delicious breakfast his mother had made for him into his mouth, "OH!, I should text y/n and give her a heads up that I won't be coming to practice today" he thought before swallowing the food.


Pulling his phone out from his pants pocket, Kris dialed your number, Marko's, and even Riah's into the 'receiver' line before typing away, making that message short and simple before pressing the 'send' button.