If Only

The unsatisfied Life ***(HIATUS)***

You ended up not leaving from Kris' house until it was almost completely dark outside since the both of you had ended up talking about anything that crossed your minds, Kris had been curious to know more about you and had ended up being the one that asked the most questions but he would let you ask him some of your own every now and then. "I'll see you after the weekend at school" he said cheerfully as he bid you goodbye from his porch by waving his hand in the air, "yeah, see you then" you waved back. Kris had wanted to accompany you and walk you back to your house but you had refused, "I'll be fine, I can make it back on my own" but now as you looked back to see him watching as you walked away, a feeling of regret washed over your emotions, "maybe I should've let him accompany me back to my house."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Walking back up to his room, Yifan pulled out his laptop as he laid on his bed and looked up his I.D in the school's website to check his grades again, you and him had talked about them while you were visiting and when he'd heard that you had almost all straight A's and would like to date a guy that had grades like yours he immediately wondered what his current status was and promised to check after you left. He waited for the slow internet connection to speed up so that his grades would appear on the screen with impatience. "Finally" he groaned after waiting for two minutes for the internet to finally bring up the page that would show him his school's results:
       
           PE- A+, English/Geography- B-, Music- A+, Science- C, Computer lab- B+, History- D-, Math- F, and Art- F

Kris huffed out a sigh as he saw his grades, he didn't think that his life could be anymore stressful or unsatisfying as it was now. Not only was the most obnoxious/ popular girl in school trying to get him to date her, not only did he know that his mother was struggling to keep her job, not only was he failing to find a job of his own to have so that he could help his mother out, not only was he struggling to stay in school and not drop out because of the ever increasing stress that was put on his shoulders from the school along with the things he had to deal with at home and not only was he failing the majority of his classes but now he was struggling to match the expectations of his crushes' dream boyfriend. "Why can't everything work out the way I wish it would?" he whined "why is my life so hard on me?"


The irritated boy shut down his laptop and set it into the laptop bag that he had bought for it before pushing it under his bed, he crossed his arms around his chest and thought about how pleasant it'd be if, for once, he could meet the standards that were expected of him from others... especially the school and his crush, you,... "huhhhh if only" he said as he laid onto his side "if only I could have the satisfaction of having the life I though I'd have once I was in high school, I wish life wasn't so hard."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


While continuing the long stroll back to your home the things that ran through your memory caused a small smile to form on your lips: your crush had actually wanted you to stay at his house and was asking you questions as if he was actually interested in you after you had gone to give him some rice cakes, you had been lucky enough to be assigned to a group project with him in your least liked subject at school, he was everything you could wish for- everything on the list of what you'd want in a boyfriend he somehow managed to check-, your life at home was going very well along with at school- besides Riah and her group of followers always judging and harassing you-, you no longer felt the need to cut yourself like you had in the past since you had transferred to this school, the move to your new house had been nearly painless and your mother was no longer struggling to pay the bills like she had been with the last house.... all-in-all your life was turning out much better than it had been before.
 

"I wonder how Kris' life is treating him" you wondered "is his life going as well as mine? Is it better?" You agreed to believe that it was better since Kris seemed to have everything he wanted in the palms of his hand. "Man, I wish I was as lucky as him to have such a wonderful life. Maybe if my life had been like his, I wouldn't have these scars or be teased at school, maybe I'd have friends to and maybe my parents would still be together... that'd be so cool." While you walked home you never thought to let anything cross your mind about Kris not having the sort of life that you expected he had, "if only my life were like his" you sighed aloud "that would be wonderful."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter might b a bit sloppy but hopefully not terribly so.

     Dang- only a day less than a month since I last updated this fanfic.... I should try to be more proactive in writing for this story.

~Savie