Hallway Snickers

The unsatisfied Life ***(HIATUS)***

The weekend flew by so quickly that it had felt as if it had come and gone at the speed of a quick glance, everyone was crowded into their group of friends, most in a circle formation, as per usual, while they stood in the hallways and eavesdropped on the details of how everyone's weekend had gone and what the latest drama was. You weren't interested in such things, nor did you have any friends anyway, so you just continued on your way to your first class while listening to the loud yelps of excitement, whines of agony, stomping of feet as girls jumped in joy over seeing their friends again and/or hearing about something interesting and then, of course, there was always the loud snickering and low whispers that protruded from those who'd be spreading rumors or be speaking of the school's most recent drama like who had been dumped or who had started a relationship over the weekend break, who had lost their ity at a party after getting drunk, or who had had stolen the most liquor from their parents cabinets and got wasted. There was also the common sneering and looks of disgust that would be sent your way, or anyone else's way who wasn't well liked in the school, as you passed by, weaving your way around the large hoards of people who'd clog the hallways.


"Hey y/n, I heard that you crawled down into the sewers and visited you mutant rat family during the weekend" one popular girl snickered as you passed by her group, she was a well known friend of Riah's but, along with Riah's posse of popular rich and snotty es, she was also known to have her own that followed her around also "next time you see them tell them that we all said thanks for staying away from our sights unlike you, we're grateful for them having more brains and being more considerate about the privileged people like us  and staying down there where they belong unlike you" " oh,no wonder she smells like something that gets wiped from people's butts" one of her friends chimed in soon afterwards and the entire group fell into a fit of laughter as you continued to walk by. There wasn't much that you could do so you chose to ignore them, or at least pretend to, until they were no longer within earshot of you,  but as soon as you were away from them, yet another group or rumor/gossipers appeared, "I heard that y/n and Kris have been spending a lot of time together" a low whisper was heard from one of the girls in the different group that you passed by before getting to class "do you think Kris is taking advantage of her ty body or do you think there's something else going on between them?" she went on to ask "I don't know" one of her friends whispered back "I don't think Kris is the type to touch such filth, he's probably just using her to do his homework for him or something."


"Ugghhh, thank god that's over" a grateful grunt sounded from your lips as you slumped into your chair, your head tilting back as far as it could go and your eyes closing shut once reaching your first class, there was still twenty minutes before class started so no one else was in the room besides you "god I hate school." "You can't hate it that much" a voice spoke up, startling you out of your current daze, "there's one good thing that school does for us, which is allowing us to see our friends when we don't possibly get the chance to otherwise." There was no surprise that you felt when you saw who it was that was speaking to you, Kris. "Yeah I guess you're right" you agreed, sitting up into a proper position in your chair "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be heading to your first class?" was all you ended up asking while looking up at him, he shrugged in return as a reply, "there's still eighteen minutes left until classes start and my class isn't that far from here so I figured I could talk to you for the time being until it's closer to the time for class to start."


Kris flung his backpack onto the desk in front of yours and sat down, legs spread, in the chair in front of you, facing your way after ending his reply to you. The first thing you noticed once he was within a closer range of your eyesight was the large, dark bags under his bloodshot eyes and the exhausted slump of his shoulders, even though he was holding them up as his hands rested on the back headset of the chair he was sitting on, "what happened? you look like you haven't slept all weekend" "Oh" he chuckled "no I've slept, it's just that last night I had to stay up finishing some work for my classes today that I had forgotten about... is it really that obvious that I didn't sleep much last night?" the nod of your head was all he needed to know that he looked like a hazardous mess. "So are we going to practice some more on the dance for our project today after school or do you need another day of rest? You look like you'd needed the later more than anything" "no, we need to practice and finish it as soon as possible, there will be practice at the usual place right after school" "are you sure?" you questioned, he really looked like he'd melt or explode if any pressure was put on him and he didn't get some rest "yeah I'm sure."


The five minute bell signaled around the school signifying that people should start getting to their classes, "I'll see you during lunch? If not definitely for art" he said as Kris got up and slung his backpack over his shoulders "hope your classes go well today" he waved as a farewell for the time being "yeah, same to you" you spoke before he left class before other students started pouring in.