lunch with Riah

The unsatisfied Life ***(HIATUS)***

There was nothing in the world that Kris would love more than to get as far away from Riah as possible, her ranting and raving about how useless you and Marko were in the group had driven him to the point of nearly going insane.


Looking out of the large windows of the restaurant, he watched as the rain dribbled down the windows and fell from the dark grey sky only to hit the hard earthly ground in a small splatter.


"Kris... KRIS!" he heard Riah holler from the other side of the table, "hmmmm, what?" he answered, "I was saying, maybe you and I could have a private lesson later today at my house and you can teach me the rest of the dance. It's obvious that we're never going to learn the whole thing with y/n and Marko around so it makes sense to learn, just the two of us, and give them a small portion to practice with." Kris thought about her proposal for a moment, if he said no he'd throw a fit but if he said yes then you and Marko would feel as if you'd both did something wrong or that him and Riah didn't want you in the group. The decision he had to make was hard, would he want to hear Riah's nagging for the rest of his high school life by saying no or would he rather see the hurt expressions upon Marko's and your face when he'd tell you that you'd both be given a smaller portion of the dance to practice?


"I uh...." He couldn't make up his mind, burying his tired face in his hands and rubbing it repeatedly with his large palms he tried to make a decision, "I really don't know if we should do that" he finally managed to mutter through a small parting between his hands, ready for the reaction he'd receive from the spoiled 'princess' of the school.


Kris' answer surprised and, of course, upset Riah, banging her hands on the table, the sound emitted from the contact of his flat hands hitting the table was loud enough to cause the other occupants in the restaurant to turn momentarily and glare at the ignorant, irritating girl.  "You don't know? What do you mean you don't know what we should do? Kris, have you seen how lousy those to sewer rats are!? We've only learned 1/70 of the dance, maybe! By the time the project is due we'll be lucky if we know how to dance to 1/25 of the song!" The glare she directed to the exhausted giant sitting with her at the table would normally be enough to cause whoever it was directed at to beg for her to leave them alone and apologize for whatever they'd said to her but this time was different, Kris was too tired to care.. not to mention that he knew she wouldn't do anything to him.


Realizing that he wouldn't stir from her glare any time soon Riah slid back down into her chair and at that very moment the waiter came with both their lunches held in each hand. "OK so we have the Japchae salad for the lovely lady" the water said, placing a large plate in front of Riah "and Sausage fried rice with a side order of jajangmyeon for you  the waiter addressed as he set two separate plates of food in front of Kris, "I hope you both enjoy the meal."


Seeing the waiter walk off, Kris and Riah both looked down at their plates hungrily, "we'll talk more about this when we finish the meal" Riah blurted, picking up her chopsticks with her hands in a rushed manner before 'digging in'. "Yeah... sure" Kris mumbled as he shoved a mouthful of jajangmyeon into his mouth.