Get some Rest

The unsatisfied Life ***(HIATUS)***

Walking up the stairs to the second floor of his house Kris wearily dragged his feet, occasionally hitting the edge of a stair as he walked up them, His eyes were blood shot and there were bags under his them, he practically looked like a zombie. How long has it been since he last slept?


As he reached the hardly lit hall that led to his room, upon finishing dragging himself up the stairs, Kris let out a loud, low, exhausted moan.
"Kris honey, is that you?" a feminine voice asked from within a room, a head peering from behind a door to the room that the voice had come from moments ago. "Ma, it's me" Kris grunted as he continued to drag his feet down the hall, approaching the head of the woman, "honey, what has happened to you? Are you alright? You look horrendous" Kris' mother exclaimed as his face came into view, "Yes mom, I'm fine, just go back to bed." His mother refused. "Sweety, go to your room and get some rest, I'm going to get you some tea to help you sleep, complying with her request Kris stumbled into his room, barely managing to plop onto his bed, he was so exhausted from the previous couple of days but today in particular.


Light footsteps made their way to his side, warm hands massaging his shoulders and back, "My poor baby, just get some rest, take a couple days off of school if you'd like and sleep, you've been working so hard" she said soothingly, removing her hands momentarily to pick up the tray containing a cup of warm tea from the floor and place it on a table beside the bed. "I can't ma, I have a project and it's worth half of our entire class grade for the entire year" he groaned "I need to practice with my group or we'll fail the class."


The fact that Kris' voice cracked at the last comment made his mother's heart hurt, he was so tired, he needed rest, he needed a break but no matter what he wouldn't. As she returned to massaging his back while he laid upon his stomach on his bed, she held back tears, she was proud of her son for being so dedicated but knowing that his school was causing him to work so hard that he'd actually began to cry from the stress of it upset her, "Don't worry son, one bad grade won't reflect too badly upon your future, I know most parents wouldn't encourage stuff like this but if you want to drop out or flunk that class it's fine, your health is more important than a letter on a piece of paper, if you're working too hard and can't deal with it any longer than don't think you're stuck having to do that work, you can leave that class if you'd like."


Kris considered his mother's offer/advice, having to deal with one less class would be much better for his health... he wouldn't have so much stress on him, he nearly agreed to it. Almost agreeing, Kris stopped in his tracks as a thought of you ran through his mind, "If I leave the class, I'll have less time to be with y/n."


"Kris, Wu YiFan... are you alright honey?" his mom asked worried as she saw him about to speak but become mute, his mouth still open wide. Shaking his shoulders Kris' mother became more worried when Kris didn't reply, "No no I'm fine" his voice spoke suddenly "I'll stay in that class." "Alright, but promise me you'll rest, you need it" she begged, slumping her shoulders but giving a slight smile to her son, she was so proud to have such a wonderful boy as her child, "I promise". "Good, now sleep, drink some tea if you get thirsty during the night OK?" Heavy blankets were gently placed upon Kris to keep him warm during the night by his mother before she headed out of his room, turning to look at her son laying on his bed once more for the night before turning off the lights, "I love you my wonderful boy", closing the door to his room quietly so she wouldn't disturb him.


The lights to his room went dark all of a sudden and Kris knew his mom had left the room, he was soon passed out on his bed not long after, dreams passing through his mind of you with him as he slept.