Guilty Pleasure - Chapter 9

Guilty Pleasure

Woohyun panicked.  He slowly ed Sunggyu's suit jacket and gasped in shock.  The front of Sunggyu's white shirt was dyed a crimson red.  Pain and guilt etched on Woohyun's face at the realisation that despite being wounded, the older man had acted like nothing had happened just to please him and fulfil his childish ways.

He grabbed Sunggyu's shoulders and shook the older man.  "Sunggyu!" he called out but Sunggyu remained unresponsive.  "Sunggyu, open your eyes!"


When the ride ended and they were back on the ground, Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's arm and draped it over his shoulder and headed for the exit.  In his panicked state, Woohyun bumped into a figure and lost his grip on Sunggyu.  He quickly rushed to grab the older man only to find that someone had already done so.  Woohyun looked at the figure beside Sunggyu and saw the young man that was selling the fairy floss.

"Is he alright?" the young man asked.  "Do you need help with anything?"

Woohyun shook his head and took hold of Sunggyu once again.  "No, I'm fine," he replied.  "Thank you."

The young man watched as Woohyun walked away with Sunggyu by his side.  He glanced to the ground and saw drops of blood.  He smirked and took out his phone.  "I've found him," he informed.


Woohyun got into the driver's seat of the car and glanced at Sunggyu in the passenger seat beside him.  Though he's had some experience driving but he was still one year away from getting his licence.  He did not have time to hesitate.

As he drove along the road, he noticed a hospital up ahead.  He seemed relieved and slowed down to turn into it.  Just as he was about to do so, he glanced at Sunggyu.  As much as he wanted Sunggyu to be saved, he knew that the older man would be against it.  He sighed and drove off.


Dongwoo was surprised when he opened the door and saw Sunggyu unable to stand on his own without Woohyun's help.  Before he even had a chance to ask what had happened, his eyes caught sight of the blood on Sunggyu's shirt.  His eyes widened in shock.  Without wasting any time, he helped Woohyun carry Sunggyu to his room.

Woohyun watched anxiously while Dongwoo ed Sunggyu's shirt to examine the extent of his wound.  A temporary bandaged was taped over one side of his chest in an attempt to stop the bleeding but it looked like it was hastily done.  Dongwoo carefully removed the bandaged.  As he did so, bleed began to gush out from the wound.  To their horror, they found a bullet lodged in Sunggyu's chest, close to his heart.

Woohyun was stunned.  He did not expect it to be so serious since Sunggyu did not make a big deal out of it.  If he had known, he would have stopped at the hospital.  How was Sunggyu able to remain so calm with a bullet lodged in his chest?

"We need to get him to a hospital," Woohyun urged.  "He's losing a lot of blood."

Dongwoo clenched his jaw with a troubled look.  "We can't!"

"Are you just going to let him die?" Woohyun shouted in anger.

Dongwoo was quiet for a moment until he remembered something and began searching for Sunggyu's phone.


The sound of his phone buzzing woke him up from his sleep.  He tried to ignore it but the caller was persistent.  With a frustrated groan, he reached for his phone on the bedside table and glanced at the screen to see who had interrupted his sleep.