Guilty Pleasure - Final

Guilty Pleasure

Sungjong stopped his attacks against Sunggyu and turned his attention to Myungsoo.  His eyes widened in horror when he saw what had happened to his men on the ground.  He looked at the figure standing under the moonlight amongst the bodies.

A menacing aura radiated from Myungsoo as he stood there with the swords in his hands.  Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong and the few remaining men.  A smirk appeared on his face.

Without warning, Myungsoo charged towards them.  With a mighty swoop of his swords, he struck down the few remaining men as if they were nothing.  He then turned his attention on the last man standing.

"You..." Sungjong began as if trying to comprehend what was going on.  He then glanced back at Sunggyu.  "Are you not the demon they speak of?"

"I never said I was," Sunggyu replied.  "You assumed that I was."

Sungjong frowned upon realising his error.  He stepped forward to confront Myungsoo.  "So you're the Demon of the Dual Blades," he remarked, raising his sword.  "Perhaps you can keep me entertained for a little while."

Myungsoo smirked at the challenge.


Some time later, a black luxury car arrived at the scene and a man in an overcoat stepped out with his two bodyguards.  The man glanced at the blood drenched bodies on the ground with a stoic expression upon his face until his eyes caught sight of a figure amongst the dead.

He walked over and crouched down beside the figure on the brink of death.  A broken blade lay beside the figure and a deep gash opened across his chest.  A frown etched upon the man's face as he reached out a hand and wiped the blood tricking down the side of the figure's mouth.

"I'm...sor..."

The dying figure barely managed to get his words out but the man understood what he wanted to say.  "You did well."


With slow and silent steps, he headed for the door.  He did not want to be caught.  He turned the door handle when a hand from behind pressed against it, preventing him from pulling it open.  Startled, he glanced back over his shoulder.  He let out a deep sigh of defeat and slowly turned around to face the older man.

"Where are you going at this hour of the night?" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun lowered his head to avoid the older man's eyes.  He did not want to tell him.  He did not want to cause trouble for him.

Though Woohyun was silent, Sunggyu could guess what he was planing to do.  "Are you going to see him?"

Woohyun raised his head with a guilty look upon his face.  "I don't want to be him," he replied.  "I don't want to do what he did to my mother.  My mother loved him til the end.  The least I can do for her is to see him once.  I..."

Seeing the troubled look on the Woohyun's face, Sunggyu leaned in and claimed the boy's lips in a tender kiss.  He knew the risk yet he could not deny Woohyun his last request before they would leave this forsaken town to start a new life together.  "I'll come with you."


They pulled up into the underground car park of the hospital.  At this hour of the night, the place was almost deserted, save for a few cars parked there .  Sunggyu surveyed the surroundings.  Though there was no one in sight, he could not help but feel uneasy about the situation.  He had expected to be ambushed.

They stepped out of the car and headed for the lift.  While waiting, Sunggyu's phone buzzed in his pocket.  He glanced at the screen and picked up the call.

"Sunggyu, I got your tickets," the voice announced.  "Want me to drop it off for you?"

Before Sunggyu could answer, the lift doors opened.  His eyes widened in surprise at the sight that greeted them.  Without hesitation, Sunggyu dropped the phone in his hand and stepped in front of Woohyun as the blade plunged into his stomach.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun screamed when he saw the blood drenched blade protruding from the older man's back.

They were surrounded.

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Thanks for reading.

Hope you all enjoyed that and managed to work out what was going on.