Guilty Pleasure - Chapter 10

Guilty Pleasure

Without a second thought, he ended the call and immediately got out of bed.  He quickly got dressed and grabbed his briefcase before rushing out the door.  Like a madman, he sped through the streets, thankful that there were no cars around at this late hour of the night.  Only one person could make him this worried.

"Damn you, Sunggyu!" he cursed.  "If you die, I'll kill you!"


When he arrived at the apartment, he banged on the door until it was opened.  Seeing Dongwoo answer the door, he pushed him out of the way and headed straight for the bedroom.  To his surprise, he found Woohyun beside the older man's bed, looking frantic as ever.  He could not help but narrowed his eyes at the boy.


"Who is he?" Woohyun asked Dongwoo while the pair waited anxiously outside the closed bedroom door.

Dongwoo shrugged.  "A friend of Sunggyu's I'm guessing but he's a doctor.  Last time you were sick, Sunggyu called him over as well."


Inside the room, Myungsoo worked meticulously to extract the bullet from Sunggyu's chest.  It pained him to see the older man in a such a state.  He gently caressed Sunggyu's face before leaning down to place a tender kiss on Sunggyu's lips.

Sunggyu opened his eyes to find Myungsoo kissing him tenderly.  "What are you doing?"

Myungsoo smiled.  "Collecting my payment."


Woohyun was leaning his ear against the door when it suddenly opened and he almost stumbled inside.  He managed to regain his balance and stood up straight.  He looked at Myungsoo with much anticipation.  Myungsoo glanced at the boy without a word before walking out the door.

Woohyun quickly rushed into the room, surprised to find Sunggyu sitting up in bed.  A sigh of relief escaped his lips and he immediately embraced the older man.  After a short moment, he quickly pulled back, realising that he was pressing against Sunggyu's wound, though the older man did not utter a sound.

"Does it hurt?" Woohyun asked, placing a hand over the bandage on Sunggyu's chest.

"I was careless," Sunggyu replied, recalling the moment he had looked at his watch to check the time.  "I deserved it."

Woohyun frowned in anger at the older man's response.  "Why do you say stupid things like that?"

"Aren't you the stupid one?" Sunggyu asked, staring intently at the boy.  "I wonder if you are your father's son?"

"Would you rather I was a cold and ruthless person who couldn't care less about his own family?" Woohyun questioned as he leaned in so close that their lips touched.  "But I guess, a mistress's son isn't that important to him."

Before Sunggyu had a chance to wonder what the boy was up to, Woohyun closed the gap between them and kissed him passionately.  Sunggyu responded to the boy's advances, indulging in the kiss.  Taking advantage of the situation, Woohyun climbed onto the bed and straddled the older man's lap whilst their lips remained locked.

"I love you," Woohyun whispered when they momentarily pulled apart.

Woohyun's words struck a nerve with Sunggyu as he looked at the boy with a pained expression.  Surely Woohyun was joking.  "How can you say that when I-"

Sunggyu did not get a chance to utter another word when the boy stopped him with his lips.


Dongwoo was about to enter the room but came to an immediate stop at the door when he saw the scene before him.  The two people on the bed were kissing intimately and seemed to have forgotten about his existence.  He hated to interrupt them but he glanced at the phone in his hand.  It was a matter of importance.

"Ahem!"

The two figures on the bed jolted and turned their heads at the sudden sound that had interrupted them.  They saw Dongwoo standing at the door, holding up the phone in his hand.

"It's the boss."