Guilty Pleasure - Chapter 15

Guilty Pleasure

"Get down!" the driver shouted.

The moment the driver fired the first shot, Sunggyu pulled Dongwoo down as they both crouched to the ground.  Sunggyu glanced back and saw several of their attackers on the ground, withering in pain with bullet wounds to their bodies but none were fatal.

"Get in!" the driver shouted out as he fired the last shot.

Dongwoo did not budge, too puzzled by the whole turn of events to even move.  Seeing this, Sunggyu grabbed him and pushed him inside the car and got in after him.  The driver immediately took off just as Sungjong appeared.  Sungjong watched as the car sped off.  He did not feel the need to give chase.  He had what he needed to track them down.


It was only when the driver glanced to look back did Dongwoo realise who had saved him.

A frown etched upon the driver's face when he saw Sunggyu's blood stained shirt and bleeding left hand.  Despite being worried for the older man, he did not want to show it.  "Hey, try not to bleed all over my leather seats."

Sunggyu managed a weak smirk.  "Why did you come?" he asked, questioningly.

The driver turned his attention back on the road ahead.  "Isn't it a good thing I did?"

Sunggyu let out a sigh.  "You should have stayed out of it," he remarked as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

"Is that why you didn't come to me?" the driver asked.

When he did not hear Sunggyu's reply, the driver glanced into his rear view mirror and saw Sunggyu with his eyes closed.  "Hey," he called out to Dongwoo.   "Wake him up.  I don't want a corpse in my car."
 

He slowly opened his eyes and grimaced at the slight pain at the back of his neck.  It took him a moment to recall what had happened.  Why did Sunggyu do that to him?  Sunggyu...

He immediately jolted up and glanced around the unfamiliar room.  Where am I?

He had to find Sunggyu.  The moment he climbed out of bed, the door to the room opened and a figure stepped inside.  He froze at the unfamiliar face.  "Who are you?"


All was quiet in the private hospital suite where a man in a business suit sat beside the bed of a sleeping patient.  A soft knock at the door interrupted his moment of peace.

"Father, I'll come visit you again," he whispered to the sleeping patient before taking his leave.

The man stepped outside of the room where two men in black suits stood guarding.  He closed the door behind him and turned to face Sungjong.

"Boss," Sungjong greeted the man.

The man looked displeased.  "I only want to hear good news," he warned.  "Did you find him?"

Sungjong looked hesitant.  "I've traced the car.  I know where they may be hiding him."