Guilty Pleasure - Chapter 13

Guilty Pleasure

Dongwoo jolted awoke and found himself lying on the sofa in the apartment.  He rubbed his stomach where Sunggyu had dealt him a mighty blow which had rendered him unconscious.  He immediately got up and searched the apartment.  Woohyun was gone and Sunggyu was nowhere in sight.  Just as he wondered where Sunggyu could be, he heard the front door open.

Sunggyu entered inside, holding holding a hastily wrapped bandage around his left hand.  Dongwoo's eyes widened in horror when he saw the bandage soaked with blood which trickled down Sunggyu's arm.

"Sunggyu..." he said in disbelief.  He wanted to ask the question to confirm the answer but he knew that treating Sunggyu's wound was the current priority.  "Let me get the doctor."

"Don't call him!" Sunggyu ordered sternly.

"But-"

"I'm fine," Sunggyu assured him as he removed the bandages to reveal his left hand without his little finger.  "I won't die from this."

With no other choice, Dongwoo quickly rushed to gather clean bandages to help stop the bleeding.  He could only imagine the pain Sunggyu was in but the older displayed no such expressions on his face.

"Did you let Woohyun go?" Dongwoo asked, finally.  "Is that why?"

Sunggyu contemplated a moment as he stared at his left hand.  "It's a small price to pay."

Dongwoo let out a sigh of defeat.  "Where is he now?"

A sudden knock at the door interrupted their them.  For someone to be knocking at their door at this late hour of the night was a cause for concern.  Before they had a chance to wonder who it was, the front door was kicked open with brute force as a group of men entered the apartment.  Sunggyu drew out his gun and fired at the approaching figures, shooting down several men until his gun ran out.

It was then a figure, armed with a sword, stepped forward from behind the remaining men.  Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise when he recognised the face of the fairy floss seller.

"Who are you?" Sunggyu demanded.

The young man glanced about the place.  "Where is he?"

Sunggyu figured that the young man could only be referring to Woohyun.  Were they here to rescue him?  Perhaps his father had not abandoned him after all.

"You're too late," Sunggyu declared.

The young man frowned at Sunggyu's response.  "Fine, let's do this the hard way!"

Raising his sword, the young man rushed at Sunggyu.  The rest of the men followed suite, drawing out their swords.  Dongwoo took on several of the men while Sunggyu faced the young man and the rest of the group.  Though both were able to avoid the sharp blades of their enemies, they were unarmed and outnumbered.  They were clearly at a disadvantage.

Dongwoo was unable to hold off the men as one slashed him across the arm.  Noticing that Dongwoo was struggling with the men surrounding him, Sunggyu rushed over to his aid.  He grabbed one of the men's arm and twisted it.  When the man released the grip on his sword, Sunggyu grabbed it.  He struck at another man and managed to grab a second sword which he intended to throw to Dongwoo but Dongwoo was clutching his bleeding arm.

With a sword in each hand, Sunggyu stood in front of Dongwoo to face off their attackers.  The young man's eyes widened with interest upon seeing Sunggyu with the two swords in his hands.

"You can wield two blades?" exclaimed the young man with excitement.  "How intriguing."  He ordered his men to step back while he stepped forward as if to challenge Sunggyu.  "Rumour has it that there is one man who can wield two blades and has been undefeatable.  Let's see if you live up to your name, Demon of the Dual Blades."