Chapter Two

I Hate You Not

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

A day has passed, but nobody has forgetten about the party. The first thing they did was to eat breakfast at a café near their hotel. Everybody was unusually quiet while eating. Luhan even refused to order anything but a cup of coffee.

 

Jongin was very uncomfortable. He wasn’t used to see his friends being all so serious. He glances at Chanyeol, the noisiest one of the group. It seems like he wants to say something but just keeps on bitting on lips.

 

“He probably has some problems with Jinri again…”

 

It reminded him that he hasn’t told his friends about his engagement with the innocent girl turned bad girl Jung Soojung. Is it right to tell them now? Who cares? It’s better sooner than later.

 

“By the way, I’m engaged to Jung Soojung.”

 

As he expected Luhan was first to react. His eyes landed to his, quickly followed by the rest of his friends.

 

“What do you mean you’re engaged?” Joonmyun narrows his eyebrows. “And to Jung Soojung?”

 

“But she has a boyfriend…” Chanyeol mumbles. “She can’t marry you.”

 

“So what? They can break up.” He answers, continuing to eat his waffles.

 

“She’s obviously in love with his boyfriend.” Luhan says blankly. “I mean, they were all over each other last night.”

 

“I thought you’re against that blondie?”

 

“If she really likes the guy, then… I’m okay.”

 

“Oh so you’re okay with her boyfriend and not with me?”

 

Kris raises an eyebrow. “Why do you sound like you want to get married to her?”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun stops drinking his coffee and laughs. “You seem… jelly.”

 

“Shut up,” Jongin stands up angrily. Tao was beside him, trying his best not to laugh. “I don’t like her. I never did!”

 

The group exchanges looks and chuckle, “We never said that.”

 

“I know what you’re thinking!”

 

Sehun and Tao started to laugh uncontrollably, causing the other customers to look at them. Meanwhile Joonmyun was trying his best to stop the two boys. Jongin could only sigh at his friends’ foolishness. He didn’t say anything funny. Why the are they laughing?

 

“It’s just…” Tao says, wiping the tear in his eye after laughing. “You’re so obvious, dude. You look stupid.”

 

“Yeah, just admit it.” Sehun adds.

 

Jongin scoffs. “You idiots, I told yo-“

 

At that very moment, his eyes landed on the woman who was about to enter the café. His eyes widen his eyes in shock. The whole group looked at the direction he was looking at out of curiosity and they had the same reaction as him.

 

“The is Jung Soojung doing here?”

 

Believe me, the boys weren’t the only one who were shock.

 

When Luhan excitedly called her name, grabbing the attention of the people once again, Soojung almost drops the phone she was using. Seems like Luhan suddenly forgot about what happened last night. Soojung didn’t know what to do. The last time she saw her childhood friends was last year at her sister’s wedding. But today she was different.

 

Last year she was wearing a long baby blue dress with less makeup than she usually wears. Today she was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a tank top and a leather jacket. It was actually less revealing than most of her clothes but her red lipstick was as red as her blood. Or probably even redder. And gosh, her eyeliner was too thick. What would these boys think of her?

 

With a fake big smile, Soojung walks to her cousin’s husband, giving him a quick hug. “Oppa, I missed you!”

 

 

Soojung sips at her caffe latte, waiting for the boys to speak to her, but she was surprised at how behave the boys were. She doesn’t really hang out with them except for Luhan and Chanyeol but she knows that they were very ‘active’. Usually when she was with one of them, she would just laugh at whatever they were talking about and it would always work. But what she didn’t know was they were trying their best not to mention anything about last night’s party.

 

Even Luhan who was sitting beside her was quiet. He was thinking if he should scold the young girl, or should her parents just do that? Hell he doesn’t even think they know about it. If she told someone about her relationship, she would tell it to her family. He wasn’t really a Jung, neither is his wife, but their mothers are sisters, so that does count as family, right?

 

The Jungs are the same as those families you see on dramas. Soojung’s brother, Jaejoong, once had a girlfriend from the middle class when he was just 15. Everybody knew about it even people outside their social class. Jaejoong was sent to London and when he came back, he was engaged to a British lady who went to the same academy as him. They say he never met the girl again.

 

“Is there something wrong, oppa?” Soojung asks as she notices the boy starring at her.

 

“Oh, nothing.” He smiles. “Say, Soojung… what are you up to nowadays?”

 

“Well, I know I still have a year left in high school but I’ve been studying hard to enter Harvard.” She grins. “I want to prove to my parents that I can enter even with just studying.”

 

“Really?” Joonmyun asks, sounding very interested. “I wanted to go there but I had to stay in Seoul so I just went to Hanyang University.” He then started to talk about the different universities in Seoul.

 

“Can you like, stop talking about universities or anything about school every once a while?” Kris looks at his friend in disbelief. “Not everybody here is interested in academics.”

 

The others agree and Joonmyun defends himself. This starts another loud conversation earning stares from the customers. Meanwhile everybody was arguing which university was the best; Jongin was secretly judging Soojung from across the table.

 

“Why does she look like an Arctic Monkeys song?” He thinks as he stares at his clothes. “Wait, does that even make any sense?”

 

“Hey, we should hang out.” Luhan suddenly says to Soojung, making the group stop from speaking. “I think… that would be fun. Are you free tonight?”

 

“Uhm, do you know there’s a Disneyland here? You guys should go there, it would be fun!” She says cheerfully, avoiding the question she was just asked.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

 

“Ah, oppa that’s not fair. You shouldn’t really be travelling a lot. Go home.” Soojung pouts. “You know, Yoona unnie gets lonely when she’s alone too. No wonder she doesn’t get pregnant, you always leave her.”

 

Luhan chokes on his drink as he turns red. “Excuse me?”

 

“Half of you are in a relationship, I think. But you are all here, leaving your ladies.” She says looking at everyone. Then her eyes lands on Chanyeol. “Do you know Jinri has been worrying about you?”

 

“You still communicate with Jinri?” Jongin asks. His eyebrows were furrowed. “I sent you letters when we were younger but you never responded.” He then looks at Chanyeol, who was laughing uncomfortably. “I bet this idiot knows about her relationship.”

 

Soojung realizes that she wasn’t supposed to say that. She gulps nervously and laughs. “Well, sometimes when we’re bored, she sends me messages.”

 

At the same time, her phone rings. “Uhm, I have to go. I… I’m going back to Seoul next month for my father’s birthday party. I guess I’ll see you all there?”

 

“Hey, we have an appointment tonight!” Luhan reminds her before she could even leave the table.

 

“But I’m busy.”

 

“8pm at that Sushi Bar downtown?”

 

“You know my weakness.” Soojung smiles at the older boy as she walks away. “Fine. I’ll see you there.”

 

The boys watched as the girl left the café and hopped into her white Range Rover. And as soon as the coast was clear…

 

“Seriously hyung? Why would you invite her tonight?” Jongin asks angrily. “Aren’t we supposed to watch a game tonight?”

 

“Chill, Jongin. You’re not invited.”

 

“What about me?” Sehun raises his hand. “I like sushi.”

 

“Go eat somewhere else then.” Luhan shrugs. “I want to talk to her alone.”

 

“I can’t believe you.” Jongin shakes his head in disbelief, then he looks at Chanyeol. “You too. You never told us that Jinri’s been talking to her.”

 

“She personally asked me not to tell anyone.” Chanyeol says. “It’s her life. Who am I to tell people that? I mean, she kinda hates me for dating her bestfriend but she’s very caring when it comes to Jinri and I appreciate that.”

 

Whenever she had the chance, Jinri would visit Soojung in Los Angeles together with Chanyeol. He has actually met her boyfriend, and he has to say that he’s an absolute gentleman, quite opposite to Jongin actually.

 

“A gentleman? He was eating her face last night!”

 

Jongin couldn’t believe that his friends think that this girl was actually in love with an American kid, who looks like a douche he might add. He thinks otherwise. But he doesn’t really care about his fiancee’s feelings. All he wants to do for now is to break them up.

 

Soojung arrived at the Sushi Bar five minutes before 8 o’clock, hoping Luhan to be there but he wasn’t. This time she was prepared. She wore a flowery dress, given by her sister. She has a lot of dresses given by her lovely sister, but all of them are just stuck in her closet. She glances constantly at her watch because he was 20 minutes late. Worried, she was about to call him when she hears him call her name.

 

“Soojung-ah!”

 

She turns around to see Luhan running torwards her, followed by Sehun and then Jongin.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late. I mean, we’re late. It’s just, these idiots…” Luhan turns around at his friends who were panting. “They weren’t really invited. They just decided to invite themselves at the last minute. Do you mind if they eat with us?”

 

“Oh, not at all. Please sit.” She says, motioning to the empty chairs beside her. “Where are the others?”

 

“They went to Staples Center to watch the Lakers.” Luhan answers. “You already know that I’m more into football so I passed.”

 

“How about you guys? Why didn’t you go?” She asks both Sehun and Jongin. "I'm not a huge fan but I've seen them a lot of times. They're really good."

 

“I love Sushi.” Sehun replies excitedly. “Can I order for us?”

 

“Sure.” She smiles at him. She turns around to Jongin for his answer but he just shrugs.

 

“Will you excuse me for a minute? I need to go to the restroom.” Luhan smiles at the girl, who only laughed at him.

 

“Seriously oppa? We haven’t even eaten yet and you already need to go to the restroom?”

 

“We rushed here, alright?”

 

Silence filled the group as soon as he left. Sehun was busy talking to the waiter, ordering everything on the menu. Soojung listen attentively at him, amazed at everything he orders. It seems like he wanted to buy the whole restaurant or something. She glances at Jongin to see what he was doing but caught him looking at her. She looks away awkwardly hoping that he would do the same but was surprised when he suddenly spoke.

 

“I need to talk to you, privately.”

 

author's note: drama's comiiing~ lol jk. maybe?