Chapter One

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER ONE

 

. . .

 

Jongin mentally cursed as he run around his room, looking for the things he needs. Today was the day of his flight to Los Angeles with his friends, but he hasn’t finished packing his things. And he only has 2 hours left.

 

Summer vacation is always exciting for him. Last year, he and his friends went to Dubai – the richest city in the world. It was amazing. The beach was amazing, the food was amazing, the girls were amazing – and no he didn’t sleep up with any of them. Even though he was a ‘bad boy’, he wasn’t interested in and respected girls.

 

Well, except for this one girl from his childhood, whom he used to bully all the time…

 

“Where the is my passport?!” He screams. Soon after that, their butler came rushing with a worried face.

 

“Young master?” He knocks at his door and bows. “Is there something wrong?”

 

“Huh? Nothing.” He frowns, digging at his cabinet. “I just can’t find my passport.”

 

“Would you like me to look for it?”

 

Jongin just nods as he unplugs his phone from his charger. It had 9 messages, all from his friend Kris asking him if he was already ready. He ignores the messages and puts his phone inside his backpack. Before he leaves his room, the butler tells him that his mother was looking for him. Annoyed, he heads to his mother’s office.

 

 

“What do you mean I’m engaged?” The young Kim shouts, slamming his hand at his mother’s desk. “I just turned 18 months ago! And besides, that Jung Soojung girl… The last time I saw her was…”

 

“Ten years ago, I know.” Mrs. Kim finished his son’s sentence with a deadly glare. “If you continue to act like that in front of me, I might as well tell your friends that you won’t be going to that silly trip of yours.”

 

Jongin sighs. He closes his eyes to calm himself and sits down at the chair beside him. Why did she tell him that before he goes? What a way to ruin his vacation.

 

“Is there anything I can do to cancel this?”

 

Mrs. Kim shook her head. “Your father and I have talked to her parents, and both of us are really excited for this.”

 

‘Damn it. Out all of the girls in the world, why Jung Soojung?’ Jongin mentally cursed. The girl he was engaged to was the kid he used to annoy a lot. She was a really nice girl, and he had no idea why he used to annoy her. Or probably he just doesn’t want to remember.

 

“I’m leaving.” He got up from his seat without even looking at his mother.

 

“Soojung’s no ordinary girl. You’ll love her, I’m sure.”

 

 

Jung Soojung.

 

Where is Jung Soojung?

 

What is she like now?

 

How does she look like?

 

Jongin’s thoughts were very much occupied. He was still at the plane with his friends, but he was already thinking about his engagement when he promised himself that he wouldn’t even think of that. But yet his mind was full of thoughts.

 

He was thinking of her.

 

He was thinking of Soojung.

 

They were childhood friends. No, scratch that. They were childhood enemies. She was born in the same year as him but he was seven months older and he took this as an advantage to the little girl. He did a lot of mean things to her and he wouldn’t be surprised if she was still mad at him.

 

One of most unforgettable thing he did was stealing her first kiss in an event his family attented that included not only the Jungs, but other important families as well. He heard a conversation before between Soojung and her older sister about how ‘important’ first kisses was to girls and how you must only kiss your husband. He laughed at them and decided to kiss the little girl. He was ten and shewas nine. The cheeky ten year old kid wanted to ‘share a secret’ so he leaned closer, but instead of whispering in her ear, he placed his lips in hers.

 

He could still remember the shock, the horror and the tears streaming down her face. It was followed by a slap, surprisingly painful from a nine year old girl. Unfortunately for little Soojung, her family only saw her slapping Jongin and was forced to apologize in front of everybody, including the other kids their age who were also there. It was nothing for the Kims, they were even sure that their son did something to make her cry.

 

But he was already a bastard when he was young. He lied and told everyone that he only complimented her dress and told her she looked pretty. Still traumatized, Soojung didn’t say any word and continued to cry in her older brother’s arms.

 

Jongin glances  at his watch. It was already 3:28 in the morning, which means he only has two hours of sleep before the plane lands at LAX. This time he promises that this will be the last time that he’ll ever think of her.

 

Jung Soojung.

 

I wonder where she is.

 

I wonder if she still cries a lot.

 

I wonder if she grew up more beautiful.

 

Jongin didn’t even notice that there was a smile on his face.

 

 

“Jesus Christ, Park Chanyeol. If you’re going to use your phone all the time, you shouldn’t have come.” Luhan scolds his friend, looking at him through the mirror. He was driving, but he could notice how quiet the usual noisy kid was.

 

“Huh? Sorry. Jinri’s worried. It’s because I forgot to call her this morning.”

 

“Why didn’t she come with us?” Jongin asks, turning around as he was sitting infront beside Luhan.

 

“She has her reasons.” Chanyeol answers, eyes still glued at his phone. “And besides, she’s the only girl. She’d be lonely to sleep alone.”

 

“Sleep with her then. It’s not like you two haven’t done it yet.” Jongin smiles cheekily and waits for his hyung’s reaction.

 

Chanyeol finally lifts his head and punches him. “Shut the up.”

 

“Ah, by the way hyung…. Did you know that car you’re following isn’t Kris hyung’s right?” Sehun, the youngest who was sitting beside Chanyeol, pointed out at the red Ferrari in front of them.

 

“And you tell me that now?! God damn it.” Luhan sighs. “Hurry up and call Wu Fan!”

 

“I don’t have my phone with me.”

 

“Chany-“

 

“I can’t call. Too busy texting Jinri.”

 

“Jongin!”

 

“I’m on it.”

 

 

After 20 minutes of roaming around Los Angeles, the boys finally arrived at the party they were invited at. The smell of alcohol was the first thing Jongin noticed as soon as he entered the house. There were already people vomiting and it was just 5 in the afternoon. Amber, the owner of the house, welcomed them with a big smile.

 

“You speak Korean very well.” Junmyun, one of Jongin’s friends, says, amazed by how the Chinese-American spoke as she handed the cups. “You speak better than Kris!”

 

“Hey!” He hears Kris shout.

 

“Why thank you!” She replies. “You see, my bestfriend’s from Seoul. I decided to learn Korean just because of her. Wait, lemme look for her so you guys can meet her.”

 

Everybody was jumping and dancing around at the sound of the music blasting from the stereo, looking wasted. Jongin was just looking around the party, as he was unable to keep up a conversation with friends because of the loud music.

 

“Hey, isn’t that Jung Soojung?”

 

He wasn’t supposed to hear that, but for some reason he heard her name loud and clear.

 

Jongin looks at the second floor where Tao and Sehun where looking. He sees a young brunnette in the arms of a blonde guy. The girl’s hair was loosen and was wearing a crop top and high waisted shorts. The guy sips his drink, before making out with the girl.

 

“That’s not Jung Soojung.” Jongin says blankly.

 

As soon as Luhan saw this, he crushes his cup in anger. Soojung was his wife’s cousin, and he both are very close to the her. And seeing this guy, kissing the person who he considers as his little sister, just made him want to punch the guy.

 

“!”

 

Before he could even step further, both Tao and Sehun grabs his by his shoulder, knowing what he was capable of. Two months after his marriage to Im Yoona, Luhan gets into trouble at her university after finding out the secret admire who puts roses into his wife’s locker. Poor guy had a black eye all month. And still, he doesn’t want to admit that he’s inlove with her.

 

Just like his friends’ and most of his families’ marriages, Luhan’s was arranged. He was just happy he was able to marry one of the nicest women in the world.

 

“Let me go!” Jongin hears Luhan getting dragged by his friends outside the house before he could even make a scene.

 

Jongin stood there like he was frozen. He wanted to move but he couldn’t. He blinks and his surrounding changes. The people around him were jumping slowly, the music was lower and for some reason, the only music he could hear was her laughter.

 

“That’s not Soojung.” He refuses to believe.

 

author's note: i hope you liked the first chapter! O u O