Chapter Ten

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER TEN

 

The first thing Jongin saw when he woke up were Soojung’s eyes, much to his surprise. She woke him up as he kept on mumbling her name. The closeness of their faces causes him to blush and turn to the other side of the couch. How did he end up in the sofa, you ask? He didn’t leave her alone last night until she fell asleep, just in case she does something stupid again. In the end he slept in the couch.

 

“How did you even get in here? I don’t remember inviting you here.” The girl asks as she does her makeup in front of the mirror, opposite the couch. She had just took a bath and also drunk a medicine for her headache.

 

“You don’t remember?” He finally looks at her after some minutes of avoiding her gaze. She just shook her head. “You’re such an idiot.”

 

“Excuse me?” She looks at him by the mirror with her eyebrow raised.

 

“God, imagine if a erted blonde french guy knocked on your room and found you drunk and do some to you?” He says, frowning.

 

“Did I do something crazy last night?” She asks. “You talk like I stripped or something...”

 

He sighs as he sat down properly. “You didn’t do anything… crazy.”

 

“Why do you sound so sad then? Oh my gosh, did I throw your phone? The last time I got drunk, I threw a friend’s phone into an aquarium and she g-“

 

“Where do you want to go today?” He cuts her off. He didn’t want to remind himself about what happened. Not right now that she’s infront of him. He’d start to blush like crazy just like last night. When she finally passed out on her bed, he found himself starring at the girl, even though he tried his best not to do that as he finds it creepy.

 

“Can we go to Louvre?” She asks excitedly. She then started talking about paintings and art.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

And just by looking at her right now, he doesn't know why, but his heart beats a lot faster.

 

 

Jongin glares at the couples sitting near them. He knows that he’s in Paris and the culture there was different, but for ’s sake, they were in a bloody restaurant. People were supposed to eat here, not make out. Everywhere he looks at, there would be a couple flirting or kissing. It made him quite uncomfortable as it reminded him of…

 

“Hey, look at me.” Soojung pinches his hand to grab his attention. He had been sitting in front of her, but he hasn’t looked at her. Even when they were at Louvre an hour ago, she caught him staring at her once but he looked away quickly. She wonders what she did last night that made him ignore her like this. “I know these girls are hot, but I’m here too, you know.”

 

“I’m not checking them out.” He defends himself.

 

“Yeah? Well you seem more interested in them than our trip in Louvre.” She rolls her eyes. “You didn’t even look at the paintings!”

 

“Why would I look at those paintings when I already know that the most beautiful colors are in your eyes…” He mumbles, still not looking at her.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said, I’ll never look at any girl but you.”

 

“You’re not even looking at me right now!”

 

The boy groans as he turns his gaze torward hers. “Happy now?”

 

“Not entirely. Now tell me,” Soojung places her hand on her cheek. “Did I kiss you last night?”

 

Jongin turns red instantly by the mention of the word kiss. “Wha- How did you kno- Were you just pretending that you’re drunk last night?!”

 

“I did the same thing to De- I mean, to a friend… When I got drunk for the first time.” She fake laughs, trying to erase the thought of her ex. “So am I a good kisser?”

 

Her fiance bites his lips, still blushing. How could she ask her that? Isn’t she mad? Why does he feel like he’s going to explode any minute now?

 

“If you didn’t like it, we could try for a second kiss.” She laughs as she teases him. He had tan skin, but his blushing cheeks were too obvious.

 

“Oh shut up!” He spats out. “I didn’t even like the kiss!”

 

“That’s why we should do it again. I’ll be more prepared for our next kiss so don’t you worry.” She winks at him as she plays at the tip of her hair. Jongin swears he died for a second.

 

“Damn you, Jung Soojung.” He buries his face into his hands, embarrased. He hears her laugh at him, but he didn’t do anything. It has been a while since he heard her laugh.

 

Soojung was very amazed. She had no idea Jongin could get shy like this. And it was just a damn kiss. Her 8 year old self would surely get embarassed as well, but she was over that stage. She chuckles lightly looking back at Jongin, who is now glaring at her.

 

“I swear I’m going to get my revenge.” Jongin warns.

 

“Okay, I’ll stop now. Let’s just forget about it. I mean, it was only a kiss. Who cares?” Soojung wipes the tear that formed on her eye from laughing. She then looks around the restaurant. “Where the hell is our food? I’m starving!”

 

She stands up to look for a waiter and ask about their food. They’ve been sitting there for so long, but they haven’t eaten yet. Jongin watches her go. A small smile forms in his lips as he thought about a plan to get revenge at her.

 

 

That night, Jongin had decided to watch over Soojung before she sleeps, much to her dismay. He says it was in case she does something stupid again. She had tried to kick him out of her room, like literally kicking him to annoy the out of him, but the boy had threw himself at the same sofa he slept at last night, ignoring his fiancee. In the end, it was Soojung who got annoyed. The girl gave up and just went to the bathroom to change into more comfortable clothes and to remove her makeup.

 

While she was in the bathroom, Jongin checked his phone. There were a lot of messages from his friends. There was one message from Jinri where she warned him not to do anything to Soojung. Another one was from Chanyeol. His message was flooded with with a freaking out emoji for going to Paris alone with Soojung. Then another one from Tao, asking him if he could buy him some macaroons for him, even though he probably won’t see him until winter break as he and Kris are in Beijing studying.

 

The last one was from Nam Taehyun, a member of the school’s football team that he was also a part of. They only see each other during classes and training, but their parents are friends so they sometimes talk on parties. He asked if he could get him Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s jersey from Paris Saint-Germain. Jongin frowns. He would buy it for him, he had no problem with that. But how did he know know that he was in Paris? He wondered which of his talkactive friends told the school about his trip.

 

“Okay, I’m going to sleep.” Soojung says as she comes out of the bathroom. She hides under the sheets and waits for 3 minute to peek at the sofa, hoping to not see Jongin, but he was still there. “What the hell? Can you go away now? I want to sleep.”

 

“Hey, Soojung. You’re going to study at my school, right?”

 

“What’s your school again?”

 

“Imperium Academy.”

 

“Oh hell no,” She suddenly sits down to talk properly. “Your school is full of fake, rich es. Jinri has told me.”

 

“But we’re the number one school in Seoul. You really have to go there.” Jongin says, standing up from his seat to come closer to her so he could ruffle her hair. “If you don’t go there, I’m going to get mad at you.”

 

Soojung scoffs. “Aren’t you always?” She lays backs and pulls up the cover again. “I wont punch you right now because I’m sleepy.”

 

“Alrighty then. Bon nuit.” He leansin to kiss her quickly in her forehead, but he didn’t realize what he has done until he closes the door and hears Sooojung cracking up. When he entered his room, he went straight to his bed, not even bothering to change his clothes. The rest of the night, he asked himself why he had been strange lately.

 

“It was only a kiss.” He repeats the words she said earlier to himself. “Only… a kiss.”

 

 

Soojung spent their last day alone. Jongin told her to go on without him, which was weird, but she just shrugged it off. He was always weird to her anyways. Even though she was quite happy from the clothes she bought, she couldn’t help but to wonder what Jongin was doing. Is he out flirting with some French lady? Or is he having tea with a hot blonde?

 

“Whatever. him.” She thought to herself.

 

She was watching a street performer play a saxophone when she heard her phone vibrate. It was a message from Jongin, telling her to come back to their hotel. It wasactually a bit early, but since their flight back home was that night, she just followed. Before leaving, she tosses a euro into the performer’s cup.

 

When she arrived at the hotel, she noticed that the lobby was empty and the decorations have changed. There were roses everywhere, even the floor was covered in petals. She looks around, confused. Until she finds Jongin coming down from the stairs. He greets her with a weird smile on his face.

 

“Where the is everybody?” She asked. Before she could even ask for more questions, Jongin suddenly bent down and got on one knee, making her drop her shopping bags. He reaches her hand and Soojung grinned. Now she knew exactly what was happening. “Oh my god, did he buy me a diamond ring?”

 

“Marry me.” He orders.

 

“Uhm, Jongin you actually have to show me the diamond ring first and we’re actually engaged already you don't have to-“

 

“Shut up and say yes.”

 

“It’s not like I have any choice anyways. Just give me the ring.” She swears she could hit him right now, but decided not to ruin the moment.

 

“Just say yes!”

 

“Alright, alright! Yes, I’ll marry you…. Even though you’re like, forcing me right now.”

 

Suddenly people came out from nowhere. They were all cheering for them, some even taking pictures. Soojung had no idea where they came from, but she just smiled for the pictures anyways. She glances at her hand where Jongin had placed a yellow plastic ring. Soojung’s smiled dropped.

 

“What the is this? This is so ugly.”

 

She looks up to see Jongin smirking. He pulls her into a hug and whispers, “You shouldn’t have made fun of me. Now you have no choice but to wear that for the rest of your life.”

 

Jongin pulls her closer and thanks the crowd in french. He felt quite proud of himself. He had planned everything, and it worked perfetly. Soojung was so dumbfounded. She literally froze and just blinked. But when the people started to mind their own business, she started to hit him and called him an idiot.

 

 

They were back in Seoul, and Jongin could have never been so happy. Soojung was back to her old self – her old crazy California girl self. He had sucessfully made her mad, and she hasn’t stopped cursing him ever since they left Paris. He had this feeling of euphoria whenever he hears his name coming out from , or whenever she laughs because he did something stupid. It was just amazing, seeing her happy again.

 

She even wore the stupid yellow plastic ring he gave her. It was actually just a freebie from a chocolate he ate. He was joking when he told her that she has to wear it forever as he really got her a diamond ring, but it seems like she has forgotten about the yellow ring.

 

Soojung spots her family’s driver who was supposed to pick her up. As the driver puts her luggage on the trunk, she stareses at Jongin, who was waiting for a cab. Jongin notices this and looks at her.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

She didn't answer and just tiptoed and wrapped her hands around his neck. He couldn’t see her face, but he could feel that she was smiling. “I am geniuenly, very happy because of you. Thank you very much.” As she spoke, Jongin puts a tiny little black box into her slightly open backpack.

 

“You know I’ll do anything for you.” After she pulled away from the hug, Jongin grins. “I’ll be expecting you at Imperium Academy.”

 

“Yeah, whatever.” Soojung chuckles. She waves at him before entering the car. “Au revoir, Jongin.”

 

“Au revoir, Soojung.”

 

041.gif

author's note: jongin is a loser. i still love him tho. he loves soojung but he still doesn't want to admit it.

 

and heeeey i revealed the first new character, nam taehyun! i'm not a huge winner fan, but i really really love their songs. and yes, he and jongin are in the same football team. football as in soccer (i hate it when people call it soccer. don't ask why.) at first i wanted to put them in a basketball team, but i'm a huge fan of football so i changed it.