Chapter Forty-Six

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

 

Summer is supposedly the preferred season of the young ones since they didn’t have school during that time. But not to Soojung. For her, it was the season of wasting of time. She had nothing to do, and nothing to talk about. She was stuck in a mansion that had a lot of empty rooms and no one to be with. If only the servants weren’t scared of her. No matter how friendly she acts with them, they were all serious or tense when she’s around. She can’t blame them though. They were all probably trained to respect her like that.

 

To kill some time, she had decided to leave her family’s depressing mansion to see her cousin Yoona in her and Luhan’s residence. Her husband was out somewhere but thankfully she was there, or else the cake that she has brought at a café would be a waste.

 

A re-run of the latest season of America’s Next Top model was showing on the television screen, but neither of the girls is actually watching it. Soojung was standing in front of the air-conditioner on the corner of the living room, complaining about how boring her life is meanwhile Yoona pretends to listen. She was reading a celebrity magazine that she never thought was very interesting until now.

 

“Like, all of my friends are out of the country with their families, and I’m like the only here who’s having very boring summer! This is so unfair!”

 

“Why don’t you just get married then? You know, so you could have a less boring life.” Yoona’s mouth suddenly slips. After realizing what she has just said, she stops flipping the pages of her magazine and looks up to see her cousin frowning at her.

 

“Why don’t you get pregnant then?” The younger girl spats.

 

Upon hearing her bringing up the topic of children again, Yoona groans. “Ugh, I can’t even take care of myself. How will I even take care of a child?”

 

“Luhan oppa can take care of the baby.”

 

“Yeah, right. Your Luhan oppa is a baby himself.” Yoona answers, revealing that Luhan always want to have ice cream for dinner. Giggling at how she low-key insulted her husband, Soojung plops down right next to her, but it didn’t make her very happy to see that her feet were also on the sofa. “Jung Soojung, your feet.”

 

“Ugh, unnie you sound like my brother.” She whines, but takes off her shoes from the couch anyways.

 

“How’s Jongin anyways?” She hears her ask as she lowered the television’s volume.

 

“Unnie, I’ve been here for like, thirty minutes and yet you never asked me how I was!” Soojung suddenly lifts her head up to complain. “Why is everybody asking me how is he? Kris asked me the same last night when he taught me Cantonese and I’m pretty sure Seulgi asked the same thing to me two days ago! As if you all don’t have his number! Just call him! And besides, you saw him in our graduation!”

 

“Well, I guess it’s because everybody knows how close you two are?” Yoona reasons out, but Soojung doesn’t react as she went back to lie down. She doesn’t even speak after that. Looking at her, Yoona finally puts down the magazine that she has been reading to caress her hair. “Hey… Don’t tell me that you’re not ready to get married. Your wedding is quite near already.”

 

“It’s not that I’m not ready, unnie. It’s just… I find it weird to enter college with a wedding ring on the fourth finger of my right hand. Not that I want to flirt or anything like that when I go back to school, but I just find it too soon. My relationship with Jongin might get awkward. Why can’t we just get married in like, five years or so? Our classmates will surely judge us or something…” She hears her mumble, “And besides, my parents aren’t even here when they’re the ones who wanted all of this on the first place.”

 

Yoona just bites her lips after hearing her opinions about her parents not being around. She honestly does not know where her aunt and uncle are, and she could only imagine how frustrated she is for not being there. But she does have something to say in relation to what she said in the first part, “You know, in college or in any other place, there will always be judgemental people. When I got married to Luhan, nobody really blatantly called me out in front of my face, but I knew they still judged me for marrying at a very young age.”

 

She continues, “My point is you don’t have to worry about it. The public not only judges us for the arrange marriages custom that our families have been practicing but they also judge us for everything that we do. From the clothes that we wear, to the things we spend to. ” Soojung finally turns sideway to listen more clearly. “And as for your relationship with Jongin, when I got married, nothing much changed except for the fact that I started to live with Luhan so you don’t have to worry about that either.”

 

Honestly, she was expecting her younger cousin to complain about something about Jongin when she asked her if she was ready to get married, but she didn’t, much to her surprise. But of course, she didn’t show that. She guess that what Luhan told her about the fact that Jongin had changed when he’s around Soojung was indeed true.

 

“It would be nice if we had the same feelings before marrying though…” She mumbles, but Yoona didn’t hear it well as she was lost in her own thoughts.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing.”Soojung just smiles weakly. “Can I ask you something, unnie? And please answer me, okay?”

 

“You’re making me quite nervous, honestly.” Yoona frowns but tells her to proceed with the question anyways.

 

“Uhm, when you got married… Did you… and Luhan oppa… did it?” At first, Yoona didn’t understand what she meant, but when the young Jung blinked innocently at her, she felt her cheeks turn red.

 

“H-Hey, how about we visit your brother and his newly born son?” Panicking, Yoona was about to stand up and ignore the question when Soojung blocks her lap with her legs for her not to move.

 

“Unnie, don’t change the topic!”

 

“Then don’t ask such weird questions!”

 

“But my question is not even weird-“ Soojung was about to continue her sentence, when they suddenly heard Luhan’s voice echoing from the entrance, shouting that he has arrived home. Her lips immediately curve into a smirk. “I’ll just ask him instead then.”

 

“Jung Soojung, you wouldn’t dare!”

 

Running to welcome her Luhan oppa back home, Soojung quickly went out to greet him, who looked very surprised but still happy to see her there. “Oh, Soojung! You’re here! How’s Jongin?”

 

Almost before she greets him ‘good afternoon’ happily, her smile fades. “Oppa, not you too.”

 

heart.gif

 

Even though Soojung has actually visited the newest member of the family when he was still in the hospital, she couldn’t hide the glee upon seeing little Jaesung again. It was a nice sight for for her to see her sister-in-law gushing over her new born son to both her and Yoona. Catherine never looked as happy as she does now.

 

She was suddenly reminded by the fact that her sister is pregnant and is probably alone somewhere. How she wished that she was there in Seoul for her to take care of. If Jessica only knew that their parents weren’t going to be around, she could have stayed there with them, which reminds her, Donghae had asked to meet up with her after her graduation. She has yet to response, but she’ll surely meet him soon.

 

Her brother’s family was growing, and it made her think of things. Maybe she shouldn’t stay in their house as much as before. Sure, they don’t really talk about it, but she was pretty sure that they would prefer to have some alone time as well. If they didn’t want to have any maid around the house, it means that they really want to be loving parents to their sons. Come to think of it, Jaejoong was and has always been a family man. When he got caught dating a commoner back then, he bit his tongue and left for London no matter how hard it was, all of that just for their father.

 

Baby Jaesung has been holding her finger ever since she got there, not that she totally made him do that (she actually did). She has posted a picture of his hand holding her pinky finger tightly on her instagram account, and since she thought it was super adorable, she had made it her profile picture. It was amazing how an infant can bring her so much happiness, and she could only imagine how Jaejoong and Catherine were feeling.

 

“Oh no, someone did a poo-poo.” Catherine, who has been gushing about her feelings to Yoona, said after noticing a bad smell.

 

“A what now?” Soojung asks, slowing getting up as she has been lying next to the baby.

 

“Since you seem to be very close to little Jaesungie, why don’t you change his diapers?” Yoona teased, and they immediately saw the sudden change in her face after realizing what Catherine meant.

 

“Sorry little guy. I’m still inexperienced when it comes to that.” She tells Jaesung, as if he could understand it. She then leans in to kiss her nephew, but not before she looks over to her sister-in-law for permission, who just nods while chuckling. She doesn’t know much about babies but she does know that they’re very sensitive so she has been very careful to kiss the little one to the point that she visits him without makeup.

 

Leaving the changing duties to the older ladies, Soojung went out of the room to search for her older brother. She hasn’t even reached at the bottom of the stair but she was already hearing him speak loudly over the phone in Japanese, obviously talking to a foreign investor. She reached the patio and sees him with his back facing her, and even though he has left work early that day, he still had a lot papers on a nearby table. He looked very tired nowadays, but he told her once that whenever he sees his baby, all of his tiredness goes away.

 

“Yes, I understand. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodbye.” Feeling somebody’s presence behind him, Jaejoong wasn’t really shocked to see Soojung leaning sideways at the door, waiting for him to finish on the phone. “Let me guess, Jaesung has started crying that’s why you left the room?”

 

“No. Your son has actually been behaving very nice.” She answers, sitting at the chair right next to where he sat at.

 

A big smile creeps on his face after hearing what she said. “My son… Gosh, it sounds so surreal when I say it. I still can’t believe that I’m a father now. Can you believe it, sis? Me, your brother, has a son? How I wish father is here to see-”

 

Immediately regretting what he has said, Jaejoong bitting his lower lip for him to stop. He just couldn’t help but to imagine what would their father say now that he has a grandson and another heir. Soojung just looks down, but the smile on her face doesn’t fade. She even moves her chair closer to his so that she could lean in on his shoulders, and he just lets her.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Maybe… Maybe you should stay here and help Catherine unnie with Jaesung.”

 

“That is exactly what I’m doing though?”

 

“No, what I meant is…” Soojung looks up to him, “Maybe you shouldn’t go to work for a while and just leave the company to me.”

 

That is when Jaejoong gets taken aback. Soojung, the one who is the least interested in the company in their family, is actually willing to manage it. He was so surprised that he had to ask her to repeat what she just said. “Pardon me? Is it because of my lack of sleep that I’m hearing things now?”

 

“No, oppa.” She chuckles. “I just want to help out, you know. Is that weird?”

 

“But Soojung, you do know how difficult it is to be the head of the company, right? You have to do a lot of things – things that you haven’t done before.”

 

“Of course, I do. And I’m willing to learn all of those things.” The younger Jung says confidently, as if what she was about to do was a piece of cake. But she didn’t mind taking all those risks if it means that her brother will have the time to rest for a while and be with his family.

 

Grateful for what she just suggested, Jaejoong hugs her little sister with one arm, then kisses her head. “Stay for dinner. I’ll be ordering sushi just for you.”

 

“You know me too well.”

 

heart.gif

 

Instead of his initial plan of scolding her as she was already late, Jongin had automatically looked down to what he was wearing after he saw Soojung getting out of the car. He was wearing a white polo shirt and a pair of black shorts and she was wearing the same thing, except that she had worn a black skater skirt instead of shorts. They were even wearing the same brand of shoes. She, as well, had to look down to her outfit, very confused and surprised to what’s happening.

 

“What the hell? Why are you copying me?” He complains as soon as she approached him at the top of the stairs.

 

“What are you talking about? I didn’t even know that you’re going to wear that!” She argues back. “Go change!”

 

Even though they were already arguing, Jongin still managed to open the door for her. “Change? I’m not going to change! You’re the one who should change!”

 

“Well, I would! If I was in my house! But this is your house!”

 

“It’s not my house; it’s my parents’ house! And that doesn’t mean that I will change!”

 

“Fine then!”

 

“Whatever!” Both of them looks away from one another, their arms crossed and lips pouting, sulking as they both didn’t want to be seen with almost the same clothes. But then Jongin realizes that it’s like that they were wearing couple clothes so in the end he didn’t mind. “Why are you late anyways?”

 

“I am not though?” Sooojung looks back at him, confused on what he just said. She was pretty sure that she wasn’t.

 

“Yes, you are. You’re like…” Jongin glances at his wrist watch. “2 minutes late.”

 

“Seriously, Jongin? It’s not even 10 minutes! Are you seriously going to scold me for that?”

 

“Time is very important, Soojung.”

 

“Time is an illusion, stupid.”

 

“Are we seriously going to fight over this?”

 

“You’re the one who brought it up!”

 

Just when she was about to add more to her sentence, Somin’s voice calling her name rang behind her. Excited and very thrilled to see the little girl again, Soojung forgets about the stupid argument that she just had with her fiancé and kneels down with her arms wide open as the younger girl ran towards her to hug her. Behind them was Jongin who was rolling his eyes. His cousin has never done that to him.

 

“Everybody’s looking for you unnie!” The young girl squeals, pulling her towards outside where their family was. “Come!”

 

Soojung just lets her pull her away. Before completely disappearing from his sight, she turn her head around to stick her tongue at her fiancé.

 

“This is why I don’t like inviting her when my whole family’s around.” He sighs as he walked at the same direction where the two girls went. “They always steal my girl from me…”

 

heart.gif

 

“It seems like Soojung’s very close to your cousins, huh?” Jongin hear Kris mumble.

 

Being Jinah’s new boyfriend, Kris was also invited to the Kims’ little gathering. It was still pretty weird for Jongin to have his friend dating his cousin, but was glad to have Kris there after his own fiancé ditched him for his younger cousins. Currently, he and Kris were sitting in a couch made of rattan on the backyard, lazily watching Soojung play tag with Somin and Jihoon. Even though she could easily outrun the kids, she pretends to run slow just so they could tag her. She loved it so much whenever they scream in delight when they tag her so she always does it.

 

“I don’t understand. I always buy them toys and yet they never like to play with me. What’s with Jung Soojung and kids and why do they like her so much?” He whines, watching Soojung got tackled by both Jihoon and Somin by clinging and holding her on each of her hand – Jihoon on the left, and Somin on the right. “Hey, don’t hurt her!”

 

“Maybe you don’t treat them as well as Soojung.”

 

“Hyung, did you not hear what I said? Whenever I go to the mall, I always buy dolls for her!”

 

“To whom? To Soojung?”

 

“No! I meant, Somin!” He looks at Kris in disbelief on what he just said, but then he proceeds on asking him, “Wait, does Soojung… still play with dolls?”

 

“Dude, I was just kidding.”

 

“Hello, boys!” Jinah suddenly appears in front of them out of nowhere. Both of them look at her with different reactions – Kris was smiling widely at her, while her younger cousin was frowning. She then gestures him to move a little further as she wanted to sit in between him and her boyfriend. The frown on his face doesn’t disappear, but he still does it anyway.

 

Just like the two boys, Jinah had really no intention on helping Jonghyun and Heechul with grilling the barbeque that they’re going to have for lunch. She had spent her time fixing her makeup inside until now that she has come out of the mansion and she wouldn’t want to ruin it.

 

“It took you so long to come out, babe.” Kris plants a quick kiss on her cheeks, causing her to giggle.

 

As Jongin judgingly looked at the couple beside him, his eyes spot Mingyu finally coming out from the kitchen’s backdoor to go to the backyard as well. He has been pretending to be busy when in fact all he was doing inside was play video games so he could ignore his older cousin. He immediately gets stiff when he hears him call his name and freezes on the spot, just when he was about to head to where Heechul and Jonghyun were to help.

 

“Get your over here!” Jongin shouts. At first he thought that he wasn’t going to follow him, but he does, except that he walks sideways towards his direction, indicating that he was still mad at him because of his team lost against his. “Come on, man. It was just a game.”

 

“I’ve transferred… to Imperium Academy. I’ll start going there this fall.” The younger boy mumbles, still not looking at him.

 

“About damn time, Kim Mingyu! I’ve been telling you that for years, and you really had to do it when I’m already gone, huh?”Jongin was honestly very happy for his younger cousin, though he thinks that it would have been awesome to have the chance to play with him in the same football team and not against him. If he wasn’t too lazy to get up and hug him, he would, but since he was, he just throws a pillow towards him as his sign of affection. “You don’t have to do any tryouts to enter in the team. Just tell them that you’re Kim Jongin’s cousin and they’ll surely accept you.” He was obviously boasting about himself as he smirked. “I mean, who wouldn’t accept the cousin of the former member who scored three goals in the finals, am I right?”

 

“I heard that you were on fire on the day of the finals. Is that true?” Jinah turns to her cousin to ask him. “Not on fire literally, but you know what I mean.”

 

“Yeah, that was what the boys told me as well.” Kris added behind her. “They said that you played really well.”

 

“Ah, I just can’t help that I’m so talented.” Jongin dramatically closes his eyes and presses the bridge of his nose. “I was so good that even those who didn’t watch the match know how great I am. Amazing.”

 

“That, or you were a little too inspired by someone.” He hears Mingyu mumble.

 

“What are you talking about? Are you saying that I’m not talented?”

 

If only that someone didn’t suddenly appear, Jongin would have thrown another pillow to Mingyu. Soojung had thrown herself at the couch just in front of Mingyu, looking very tired after running around the yard with the kids. Even though she had her eyes already close by the time she sat down, she still managed to greet Mingyu as it was her first time seeing him that day.

 

“Noona, you were on the final match of the league, right?” He asks her.

 

“Yeah. What do you ask?”

 

“Did Jongin hyung really play that well on the finals?”

 

“He did, but I think he was on drugs that day.” Soojung jokes, causing everyone around them to laugh. Jongin was quick to defend himself, telling her to say the truth on how amazingly good he was. “Okay, but on the serious note, he played really well. He worked a lot throughout the school year, so it doesn’t really surprise me.”

 

Everybody looks at Jongin, who had his arms in the air, as if he was telling them, “I told you so.”

 

“Hey, you punks! Since you're not helping me grill the meat, you all won’t be eating any!” Heechul scolds them. He then coughs as the smoke comes directly to his face all because of Jonghyun, so he scolds him too.

 

Being the polite girl that she is, Soojung stood up from her seat to head to both Heechul’s and Jonghyun’s direction so that she could help them, but not before gesturing Jongin to come and help as well. However, Jongin was really feeling lazy that moment, even saying that his bum was stuck to the couch as an excuse so she just shrugged and let him. She invites Mingyu instead and he agrees, and just before they go to where his older cousins were, the younger Kim flashes an evil smile to his older cousin.

 

“Ugh, I hate this.” Jongin groans as he lazily got up from his seat. “Go back playing  games or whatever you want to do. I’m going to help her.”

 

heart.gif

 

It was a little late for lunch when they finally started eating, but thankfully the weather was still nice and the shine was shining brightly above them. The Kim family ate their lunch on a large modern outdoor wooden table all thanks to ‘Chef’ Kim Heechul, and his ‘assistant’ Kim Jonghyun. It was perfect for Soojung, and even though she wasn’t hungry, she had shut up as she was enjoying eating the meat a little too much. She was the only one who was very quiet, while everyone including the adults was talking.

 

“Ew, that's my glass you're drinking on!” Jinah shouts after realizing that Jonghyun was drinking her orange juice.

 

“Oh, . Sorry.” He apologizes, but then continues on drinking the juice anyways, causing Jinah to glare at him. “What? Just ask one of the maids to get you a new one.”

 

“If you two are going to fight in front of the food, then you might as well leave the table.” One of Jongin’s aunt scolds them, and it gave Soojung déjà vu feels as she was pretty sure the same thing happened when she ate with them last Christmas but unlike before, Jinah immediately shuts up, probably because she didn’t want to be humiliated when Kris is around. Meanwhile, Jonghyun mumbles something, Soojung was almost sure that Jinah stepped on his foot or something after seeing him groan in pain.

 

“You’re being oddly quiet right now.” Jongin whispers from her right side, catching her munching her meat and then proceeds on teasing her, “I guess you don’t like the food, huh? You just told me that you were still full before eating.”

 

Soojung had to finish munching before finally saying, “Oh shut up, Jongin. The food’s really nice. I can’t help it, alright?”

 

“Sure, it is.”

 

“Leave me and my meat alone!” She glares at him, who just smiled at her cheekily. She had the urge to flick his forehead so that he could leave her alone, but one of the adults sitting in front of the table suddenly calls her name so she switches her attention from Jongin to them.

 

“Soojung, is true that your sister-in-law has recently given birth?”

 

“Yes, she has.” Her expression immediately changes upon talking about her new nephew. “It’s a boy, and his name is Jaesung.”

 

“It seemed like just yesterday when we attended Jaejoong’s wedding.” Jongin’s uncle says. The tone of amazement on how fast time passed was evident. “And now, he has a son.”

 

“Hmm, honey do you think our son could give us an heir next year?” Mrs. Kim asks her husband, not minding the fact that both her son and her future daughter-in-law were present in the same table as her. “But I don’t mind having a granddaughter either.”

 

“Mother, please!” Outraged by what her mother just said, Jongin couldn’t help but to blush. He wasn’t looking at her fiancé, but he heard her choke and he was pretty sure she was dying in embarrassment on the inside. Across the table was Kris, trying his best not to laugh as he looked at his friend. Jongin couldn’t just curse him to shut up when he was in front of his family, so he subtly uses his middle finger to pretend like he was rubbing his eye with it.

 

heart.gif

 

Nail arts were never Soojung’s thing. Sure, she did painted her nails before whenever she was bored, but she could never do nail art. Seeing how Jinah does it in front of her was mesmerizing, and to make it cooler, she was doing it on Kris’ left hand. The boy doesn’t seem to mind as he used his other hand to kill some time and use his phone. With still hanging out, he catches Soojung looking at them in amazement.

 

“So cool.” She mutters in Catonese, causing him to smile and put his thumbs up in her attempt.

 

“Want me to do this to you as well, Soojung?” Jinah asks her without looking at her as she was too concentrated with what she’s doing.

 

“Oh, yes please!” The girl squeals.

 

Jinah chuckles. “Alright, I’ll work on your nails as soon as I finish with Kris.”

 

“This thing can be removed easily, right?” Kris mumbles, glancing at his now polished nails, and then back to his girlfriend who was  glaring at him after he commented his desire to remove it. “I mean, I guess I can have it for some hours.”

 

Before Jinah could even start arguing with him, Soojung grabs a red nail polish and then scoots right next to Jongin at the couch across where she sat at. He has been silently laughing, using his phone as he secretly took pictures of Kris as he got his nails done by his cousin and was even planning to send them to their friends. He immediately hid his phone when Soojung takes a peek on it, but instead of telling her to go away just like he would usually do, he just looks at her and smile… That was until she shows the nail polish to him. She didn’t say anything, but the cheeky smile that she had was like her asking if she could do the same thing Jinah is doing to Kris but with him.

 

“No.” Jongin was quick to refuse before she could actually ask him. “Anything but that, Soojung.”

 

Pouting, she looks away from him as she folded her arms. “Derek would have said yes. He’s always down to whatever I want.”

 

“Who the hell cares about that guy?!” He says angrily, but proceeds on snatching the nail polish from her hands. Instead of letting her paint his, he had decided to paint hers even though he had no idea how to do it. Before doing so, he glances at Jinah and then grabs her right hand to do it on her nails.

 

“Uhm, this is not what I meant, Jongin.” Soojung mumbles, looking down to her nails as he started to paint them horribly. “Wow, you’re much worse than I am.”

 

“What do you mean? This is so easy! It’s like painting on a canvas, but I’m doing it on your nails.”

 

After hearing what her cousin has just said, Jinah had to glance behind her where both Soojung and Jongin were to see the boy struggling as he ‘painted’ her nails. They were horrendous. He couldn't even paint her actual nails properly. Surprisingly, when she looks over to Soojung, she didn’t seemed to mind and was even smiling as she looked down at him.

 

"I guess I have to work extra hard on Soojung's nails." Jinah thought to herself, seeing how her cousin doesn't seem like he's going to stop anytime soon. 

 

heart.gif

 

“Ugh, I shouldn’t have done that. Now my hands are full of that stupid red paint as well.” Soojung hears her fiancé mumble.

 

She had no idea how some parts of his palms ended up getting painted as well, but she did expect that he would have painted some parts of her hands as he was horrible when it comes to nail painting - something Soojung is glad about. She would be really pissed if he was a better painter than she was. But for some reason he also ended painting himself, which pissed him off. She never knew he was a bit clumsy, but she thought it was cute.

 

Before getting out of the mansion, Soojung had to bid goodbye to Jongin’s whole family. She was a little sad to go as she was having too much fun with them, but then she received double kisses from the kids at each side of her cheeks so she didn’t regret it entirely.

 

"You know, you could just stay and sleep here." Jongin mumbles, low-key not wanting her go even though her driver has arrived to pick her up, but the girl shook her head.

 

“I had a really nice time today, especially with Somin and Jihoon.” She tells him with a wide smile.

 

“You really like kids, huh?” He asks her.

 

The girl nods enthusiastically, “Once I graduate from Korea University, I’ll adopt a lot kids from different parts of the world who are less fortunate than us and be the second Angelina Jolie.” She declares. She would love to do it now that she has graduated high school, but she knows that she won’t have time to take care of kid once school starts again.

 

“Damn, does that mean I have to buy a castle for you?” He jokes before asking blankly, “You don’t want to actually have a child? You know, a child who has actually your blood?” Hearing him speak like that finally makes Soojung turn her attention to him. If she wasn’t wrong, it was his first time talking about kids. And if he’s talking about a child of hers, doesn’t that mean that he’s lowkey talking about his future child as well?

 

“Jongin, are you sick?”

 

“No. Why do you ask?”

 

Blinking innocently, she asks him, “Are you… are you telling me that you want a child? Because I don’t get it.”

 

“What do you mean- Oh my god, no.” Finally realizing what he just said, Jongin immediately shook his head. By each word that he says, he feels his cheeks turning red. “I-I didn’t mean to say it like that! I do want to have a child with you but now is not the right time-”

 

Soojung’s jaw immediately drops upon hearing what he said. “A c-child? With me?”

 

“No, no! I-I mean, w-we have to have at least o-one heir-” Jongin freaks out. He would punch himself to shut himself up, but that would make him look crazier than he already was. After saying all the nonsense things that he just said, Soojung stared at him with her eyes wide open. “Can you just leave? Your driver's waiting for you.”

 

“Okay…” She walks away from him, still weirded out by what he just said, but before entering the car door that her driver had opened for her, she turns back to him to inform him about something. “By the way, I may be a little busy these coming days. I’ll be taking over my brother’s position in our company, and also be working in Jeju so…”

 

A simple ‘oh’ was the only thing that comes out of his mouth, but she notices his expression softens after she tells him her plans.

 

“I could use more help, if you know what I mean.” She grins at him, her wide eyes waiting for him to say that he’s willing to help her, but much to her annoyance the boy just chuckles.

 

“Summer is not the time to work. Summer exists for us younger people to have fun.”

 

“But if I’m not around, who will you annoy? I’m your favourite person to annoy!” She reasons out, and he nods in agreement. “So what do you say?”

 

“If I do help you…” He pauses before continuing, “What will you give me in return?”

 

After hearing what he just said, Soojung groans. She should have expected him say something like that. “Why are you always like this? Go buy something with your own money! It’s not like you’re penniless or something!”

 

“I told you, wifey. Nothing is free in this world.”

 

“Whatever.” Before finally leaving to get into the car, she glares at him for one last time by the fact that he doesn’t want to help her out. Seeing her super annoyed makes Jongin laugh. Oh how he loved seeing her like that.

041.gif

author's note: 

ayeee i did update before tuesday! i really thought i wouldn't able to do it lol. not much happening again, but i just wanted soojung to hang out with the kims once again. i'm sure jongin liked having her around as well hehe. i was also very inspired today (and a little pissed) bc of those kaistal pictures that got today. i'm still shook about the fact that they're dating irl, like wow i feel blessed bc of them? T_T 

 

i promise to put more kaistal moments on the next chapter! please wait a little more