Chapter Forty-Nine

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

A whole 10 minutes hasn’t even passed when Taehyung started to get seasick and dizzy to the point that he wasn’t able to joke around like he always do at the boat ride from Busan to Jeju, courtesy of Youngji's uncle, who was nice enough to bring them to the island for free. However, seeing Taehyung look miserable had made Soojung feel bad for him and regret not buying plane tickets for her friends instead when it’s more comfortable and faster than going to Jeju by boat. Still, everyone except for Taehyung enjoyed it though.

 

Still not feeling well, Taehyung had collapsed on the floor of the hotel’s lobby that Luhan and Yoona owned, the same place where they were going to work at, as soon as they arrive there. Mark, Jackson and Youngji checks on him to know if they could do something to make him feel better, but Taehyung just had to lay down somewhere to let his dizziness go. While they try to make him better, Soojung talks to the manager of the hotel at the receptionist’s table and casually glances at her friends to make sure they’re okay.

 

“Uhm, so… Did Luhan mention us?” She tells the lady in front of her, who was now her new boss. She didn’t introduce herself, but she had a nametag on her upper right chest that had the name ‘Hong Hyesung’ in it. “We’re the kids that are going to work here, and we’re willing to do everything.”

 

“Are you sure you want to work as well?” She hears Youngji ask her from behind and she just nods. She wanted to experience new things, and now was her oppurtinity. "Just because we're going to work doesn't mean you have to, you know."

 

Her parents weren’t around and her brother was too happy about his newborn son to even prohibit her to do the things that she wants to do. Yoona was hesitant to allow her to work there though. She had no problem making her friends work since they are a little low on workers during that time of the year, but the young Jung insisted. She really wanted to do something different to the path she knows that she will be having.

 

Mrs. Hong doesn’t seem to be very interested to what Soojung was saying and it was lowkey pissing her off as she won’t even look in her. But she looked like she was in her early 40s and was much older than her so she tells herself to not get angry and start a scene. She’d just complain about her to Yoona so she could scold her once she visits the hotel again.

 

“Oh, I heard there’s this infinity pool on the rooftop? Can we use it when we have day off?” She asks in the most polite tone that she could have, but her now boss finally looks up to her just to look at her as if she was crazy.

 

“The pool and basically, the whole rooftop have been reserved by Sir Luhan’s younger brother and his friends.” She says, still frowning. “I suppose that I have to train you people, huh? Come on, let’s go-”

 

“Wait… younger brother?” Confused, Soojung stops her before she could even move from the table. She was pretty sure that Luhan didn’t have any siblings, let alone a younger one, unless he has a younger half-sibling that he has never mentioned. “He’s an only child though?”

 

“What are you talking about? He has a younger brother. He just arrived this morning.” The older lady raises an eyebrow and then turns her head to the stairs after hearing some footsteps. “Look. Here he comes with his friends.”

 

“What time will the repairmen arrive? We have to get the elevator fixed this instant! My brother would be very upset if he hears about this.”

 

Even when she wasn’t facing the stairs, the voice that she just heard was very familiar and it was no denying that it was her fiancé. She turns around to see him, Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol and Jinri, which surprises her because she thought that she had to film her movie. Youngji, Mark, Jackson and Taehyung all thought that they were there for their vacation because there was no way in hell that they’re going to help Soojung to work, but the smirk in Jongin’s face says otherwise. Soojung bets this was just some kind of plan of his to annoy her again.

 

“Okay, what the actual ?” Soojung curses, her eyes wide as she looked at her friends. They stopped exactly right in front of her, with Jongin crossing his arms in the middle and the one closest at her.

 

Before she could say another word, Mrs. Hong scolds her. “We don’t speak those kinds of words in this hotel!”

 

“Yeah, watch you language, Miss…” He looks at her from head to toe. He notices that she was wearing much simpler clothes just like the ones she usually wears back in Los Angeles, a high waisted jean shorts and a loose white tank top, while he and their friends were wearing something much more extravagant, Ralph Lauren polos and shorts. Even the dress that Jinri was wearing that moment worth much more to the clothes she was wearing combined. “What was your name again, miss?”

 

Speechless, Soojung’s jaw drops. “Wow. Unbelievable. So you call me, ‘miss’ now huh?” She then points at him and says accusingly, “This guy is a poser. He doesn’t even look like Luhan, Mrs. Hong!”

 

“Miss Hong.” Her boss corrects her with a scary expression. She immediately bows apologetically while he laughs behind her. “How dare you speak to our guests like that? The first rule of working here is to respect the customers!”

 

Jongin almost lost his cool after hearing his fiancé getting scolded at like that, and he had to bite his tongue to prevent himself to say something not nice. “It’s okay, Miss Hong. Don’t worry about it.”

 

It was so stupid that Miss Hong didn’t know who exactly Jongin really was, Soojung thought. Maybe it’s because the hotel was originally owned by Yoona’s family that’s why they didn’t know that Luhan doesn’t have any siblings, but still. If she wasn’t around, she could have rolled her eyes.

 

Bowing respectfully to younger guests, the manager bids goodbye as she led the former Ehra students to where they were going to stay. Soojung was about to follow along, but was pulled by Jongin, wrapping his arm around her neck. Realizing that her real boss was not around, Youngji turns around to see Jongin somewhat preventing Soojung to go so she runs towards them once again, in hopes that she could something to stop him.

 

“Uhm… P-Please don’t kill her.” She mumbles, but it was no use. With just one look from the heir, she wasn’t able to speak again.

 

Pushing him away from her, Soojung was finally able to free herself. “What are you thinking, Jongin?! You almost got me killed! Well, not literally. But still!”

 

“I'm the one who should be asking you that question! What are you thinking Soojung? You didn’t tell me that you’re going to work here!” He shouts and regrets doing it quickly. It sounded much meaner than he intended to. “And you’re even going to work here in a hotel! A person like you doesn’t suit that! You can't do this!”

 

“Oh so I’m Soojung now? Just a while ago you pretended to not know me and called me miss!” She frowns, crossing her arms. “And I did tell you! I’m pretty sure I did!”

 

“Yeah, but you didn’t tell me that those boys are coming! If Kim Namjoon didn't tell me, I wouldn't have guessed!"

 

"Kim Namjoon? He told you about this? Did you meet him somewhere?" She asked in shock, her eyebrow arching as Jongin immediately regrets the information that his tongue has slipped. Since it was the truth, he doesn't say any word. In desbelief she turns to her friends to repeat what she has just learned as if they didn't hear her question, but they didn't seem as surprised as her. "Why am I the only freaking out over this? We're talking about Kim Jongin meeting with an Ehra High student! The Kim Jongin-"

 

"Stop changing the subject, Jung Soojung." He cuts her off, scoffing. "So what if I did meet up with him? What matters right now is the fact that you, a heiress, is going to work at a hotel! And on top of that, you're going to work with those kids from Ehra High!"

 

“So what? They’re my friends!”

 

“But they’re not me!” 

 

“Wait, I’m confused. Is he mad because she didn’t tell him or because she had some guy friends with her?” Tao asks the sleepy Sehun, who just shrugs.

 

“They’re the ones who need this job the most, Jongin! Of course they’re going to be here with me!”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me then?” Jinri suddenly butts in.

 

Compared to how she was speaking to Jongin, Soojung immediately changes her expression while talking to her best friend to a softer one. “I’m sorry, love! You told me that you’re going to be quite busy filming so I didn’t tell you anything. Plus, you told me before that you’re not very fond of this hotel-”

 

“But still Soojung! You've always told me all of your plans!” Jinri pouts, looking away from her to show that she was upset.

 

“Jinri, I’m not here to have fun! I’m going to work and-”

 

“Ha! She hates you now!” Jongin teases as he blocked her sight, sticking his tongue out at her. “Whatever. If you want to work here, we won’t stop you. Have fun suffering while we go out and enjoy the summer sun.” He then gestures their frends to follow him out of the lobby and in to the rented car that was waiting for them in front of the hotel. Of course, Sehun had to greet Youngji before actually leaving the lobby.

 

“Don’t worry, Jung. He’s not really mad at you. Actually, none of us are really mad at you. Okay, maybe Jinri is. But she’ll forget about it soon.” Tao tells her when he throws his arms around her to hug her. “Jongin’s just being an idiot again, as always.”

 

“Thanks, Tao.” She pouts, glancing at her bestfriend who had her arms linked to her boyfriend. “Why are you all here though?”

 

“I honestly don’t know. Jongin called us up early in the morning and told us that we’re all going here. He literally woke us all up just to say that, that’s why Sehun looks so ed up. He hasn’t slept and Jongin only explained that he found that you’re going to work here-”

 

“Hey! Are you coming or not?” Jongin was about to enter their rented car when he turns around to call his friend. 

 

“Look at this kid acting as if he was older than me.” Tao shakes his head as Soojung chuckles. “I gotta go, Jung. I’ll visit you later… if I do see you around.”

 

Smiling at him for the last time, Soojung watches Tao get into the car while Jongin holds the door wide open for him. Her fiancé throws her another smirk before joining their friends without even saying goodbye to her. She just looks away as soon as he closes the door. She hated to admit it, but she was lowkey expecting him to at least ask her if she wants to come, but her mind was reminding her that she was there to work, and not to have fun.

 

heart.gif

 

"It still pisses me off! Why is she always with those kids? I know that I've been busy these days, but she should have told me, right?" Jongin whines, getting up from the comfortable velvet couch he laid at to see and hear his friends' reactions to what he has said.

 

Currently, he and his friends were out shopping, though Jinri was actually the one who insisted on going to the mall and was the only who was actually looking around to shop. The four boys were just sitting beside him, looking as bored as he was. Despite their tired and bored expressions, they didn't seem to mind the things Jinri puts on them whenever she past by them - she had previously had put up some necklaces around their necks, and this time, she placed different kinds of hats on the top of their heads. A beanie on Jongin, a snapback on Tao, a baseball hat on her boyfriend, and for whatever reason, a huge sun hat for Sehun.

 

"Mate, you're acting as if she cheated on you." Tao shook his head. "You're not even married to her yet."

 

"Okay, we're not yet, but soon we are!" The groom to be fights back befre mumbling silently, "Frankly, for me we're already married so..."

 

"And besides, I thought you're cool with her friends now?" Chanyeol asks, "Why are you so mad about this? If she wants to work and experience new things, then let her be. I don't understand why you and..." He pauses to glance at his girlfriend, who was busy looking around. Surely, if she knew that he disagree on her opinions about Soojung working, she wouldn't be very happy. "...Jinri are so pissed off by this."

 

"What I don't understand is why she didn't ask me to come. I mean, it's not like I'm jealous. I'm just... disappointed." Jongin folds his arms together, the tone of jealous evident on his voice despite him denying it. 

 

"As if you're gonna help her work anyways." Sehun mumbles, causing both Tao and Chanyeol to chuckle by the thought of their friend working.

 

"I'd totally do! If she asks me to do it, I'll do it!"

 

"Really now? I have never even seen you touch a broom."

 

"So has Jung Soojung! Can you even imagine her cleaning?"

 

"She has lived alone for years. I suppose she knows how to clean better than you."

 

Just when he was to argue back to tell them that she must have someone clean her things back in California, Jinri reappears once again and this time with four pairs of sunglasses. As usual, they do not complain once she puts the shades on them, knowing that she'll be upset and throw a fit. They could only sigh and low-key wish that they have brought Soojung along so she could have played dressed up with her instead of them.

 

When Jinri finally leaves them alone again to look around for new things, the boys removes the glasses one by one. Unluckily, or should I say, clumsily for Jongin, he breaks the brand new glasses when he hastly removes it and at the corner of his eye, he finds the store clerk who was standing not so far from them move and was about to say something. However, he was quick to raise his hand, a sign for her to pause whatever she was planning to say. "No worries. I will pay for it."

 

Unimpressed, Sehun had his usual poker face while he handed back the sunglasses back to another and much closer store clerk before turning to Jongin and ask him, "So what are you going to do now? I reckon that she won't just stop working even if you ask her to."

 

"Exactly." Jongin stood up on his feet to stand in front of the boys. "That's why we're going to make her regret doing this by pissing her off." He smirks as he turn his back on them. "But not that much, of course. You all now that I don't like it when she suffers."

 

heart.gif

 

There it was. Infront of him was Incheon Private Hospital, the place where the Jung patriach has been hiding from his children and from the world. Jin had no idea why, so did his men, but it doesn't matter for him. It was enough for him to know where Mr. and Mrs. Jung were, and he, himself, could find out the exact reason why. After ordering his men to stay outside of the hospital, he went on inside with only one thing desired to do - to tell Soojung's parents what she has done when they sent her off to California.

 

When Jin told Jaejoong about his little sister's mischievous acts back then, he did seem surprised, but not entirely bothered. If he was, he could have done something to punish the youngest Jung. But days have passed, and he didn't hear a word about it. He expected Soojung to finally tell him where his wife is, but he received no calls from her. He thought, maybe Jaejoong didn't really care about it, considering that he had the same past as her. Hence the reason why he looked for their parents, to tell them about it and in hopes that they could put Soojung in hot water.

 

However, there was one problem... He didn't actually know in which floor or room number they were.

 

He had no choice but to go to the hospital's receptionist and ask, even though he didn't want to. He could just go around the hospital and sneak into the rooms to find out, but that would be such a waste of time, and a businessman like him had much more to do than that. So with a heavy heart, he puts up a big, fake smile and approaches the nurse in the receptionist.

 

"Excuse me miss, may I ask you something?" He starts off, trying his best not to let his Chinese accent come out. 

 

"Sure, sir." The nurse smiles. "In what way can I help you?"

 

"I was wondering if you could tell me the number of Mr. Jung Soohyun's room?"

 

And by the mention of Mr. Jung's name, Jin noticed the how the nurse's smile slowly fades away, only to be followed by an uncomfortable expression. Cleary they weren't expecting a guest. "I'm very sorry, but we don't have any patients named Jung Soohyun so if I could just-"

 

"Listen, miss." His smile also fades away, not wanting to keep up with the woman's lies. "I am a relative, their daughter's husband, their preferred son-in-law," Tecnically, he's the only son-in-law at the moment. "So if I don't visit him, or at least get to talk to Mrs. Jung, they'll be upset, and we don't want that to happen, do we?"

 

Scared, the nurse avoids having an eye contact with him. "My apologies, but only sir Jaejoong is allowed to visit." Jin's eyes widens a bit. Of course Jaejoong would know about this. "Please leave, before I call the security to you out."

 

"Very well then," Jin throws his hands in the air, chuckling at his failed attempt on seeing his in-laws. "I guess I'll have to go then." Before thanking her, he flashes another smile, but this time, it looked like the evil kind. 

 

He knew, that it won't be the last time he steps foot on that hospital.

 

heart.gif

 

Usually, the hotels that Luhan and Yoona own have a lot of facilities such as a gym, a spa, a tennis court and even a pool. With a lot of things to do, it would be weird to be bored in a place like that. That’s why Jackson thought it was quite strange for both Jongin and Jinri to just sit at the couches in the lobby doing nothing and looking bored. Well, she had a magazine on her lap but she was just flipping pages and wasn’t even looking nor reading it.

 

As the new guests he was helping with their luggage were busy talking to the receptionist, Jackson looks around the lobby and sees the two alone. He had no idea where their other friends were, but he thought that they were going to arrive soon as they kept looking around the area. But when he was waiting for the elevator to come, he realizes the exact reason.

 

From nowhere, Soojung walks in and as soon as Jinri sees her, she immediately nudges Jongin and they both pretend like they’ve been reading the magazine that she had. Unlike her friends who pretended not to see her, Soojung bows at them as her sign of greeting even though she knows that they weren’t looking at her.

 

However, when she finally passes by them, the two heirs throws away the magazine and their eyes follow her direction until she disappears from their sight again. Jackson notices that as soon as she was already gone, Jongin and Jinri sulks in, pouting and sighing as they were still dissatisfied by the fact that Soojung was working there.

 

heart.gif

 

When Youngji chose the restaurant as the place in the hotel that she wanted to work at, she thought it would be easy. In fact she has still been thinking that way as the only thing that she has to do was greet the customers and lead them to a table that fit them perfectly. That was until she sees Soojung’s childhood friends heading her way.

 

No matter how many times Soojung tells her that her friends are actually very nice people, Youngji just couldn’t seem to relax whenever they’re around, especially whenever it’s Kim Jongin talking. For some reason, she was still intimidated by the young heir. Thankfully, Sehun was part of their clique and that she knows that he’s harmless.

 

“Hey, Youngji!” He greets happily as he run towards her like a little kid, followed by his less enthusiastic friends. “Table for five-”

 

“Six.” Jongin suddenly cuts him off, and everybody looks at him. “We want a table for six.”

 

“What are you talking about? There are only five of us-”

 

“I want a ing table with six chairs, alright?”

 

“O-Okay. Please, follow me.” Youngji puts up a huge smile, but as soon as she turns around to lead them to a table, her face was filled of fear. Just when she was to bow and leave them in peace, Jongin calls her name, and it was actually the first time he does that as he kept calling her ‘red-head’ before. “Y-Yes?”

 

“We want Jung Soojung to serve us.” He tells her, making his friends groan.

 

“But… this is a buffet. You… have to… get the food… yourself.” She silently curses herself. That sounded quite mean of her to say. “A-And, Soojung’s not here right now. I think… she’s cleaning the pool upstairs.”

 

“Oh, how nice of you to tell me what a buffet is. I totally did not know that before.” He states sarcastically before continuing, “If she doesn’t come, then we won’t be leaving this restaurant.”

 

“Why are we doing that? I’m hungry as , man!” If her memory was right, the guy who just spoke was Tao. He didn’t look very pleased.

 

“Well, you better start praying for Jung Soojung to come because we’re all going to starve if she doesn’t.”

 

Even if she was panicking on the inside as she didn’t know what to do, Youngji kept on smiling at them when she bowed and calmly left their table. But as soon as she exits the restaurant, she runs straight to the elevator so just she could inform Soojung what her fiancé wanted, though she was pretty sure she’s not going to be happy by what she’s going to say.

 

Surprised to see Youngji running towards her direction, Soojung drops her net immediately. Just like how Youngji thought, she was indeed cleaning the infinity pool at the rooftop. That, and she was also secretly taking selfies of herself around the beautiful scenery.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you here?” She asks her worriedly.

 

“Your friends- No, I mean… Kim Jongin…”

 

As soon as she mentioned her fiancée’s name, Soojung’s jaw drop. “What did the idiot do to you?! I swear to God, I’m going to punch the out of him! But I’ll probably do that on my day off.”

 

“He didn’t do anything… It’s just… He wants you to serve for him and your other friends at the restaurant.” She answers.

 

“What? Doesn’t the restaurant have a buffet? He has to get the food himself!” Outraged, she frowns. “Tell him to just leave! He's such a lazy !"

 

“The thing is…” Youngji bites her lower lip, “He said that he and your friends won’t leave if you don’t come and serve them.”

 

heart.gif

 

Never in a million years has Soojung thought that she would be serving her friends dinner, but that doesn’t mean she won’t be doing it. She knows that Jongin dragged their friends’ asses all the way from Seoul to Jeju just to prove her wrong and that she can’t work just like normal people do and that’s exactly why she’s going to serve them even though she wasn’t taught how to do so.

 

Before actually going to their table, Soojung takes a peak at her friends to see them all arguing, the menu were already in their hands. As usual, Jinri was sitting right next to Chanyeol, Tao and Sehun right in front of them while Jongin sits alone in between them. Just when she was about to head there, Youngji wishes her good luck and she just nods to response.

 

“Good evening! Welcome to our restaurant!” Soojung suddenly walks towards them, bowing enthusiastically with a huge grin. Her loud voice startles her friends who immediately looked at her upon hearing her voice. “May I take your order, sir-” She looks at her fiancée and then to her bestfriend. “miss?”

 

While their friends stare at Soojung, taken aback by the fact that she just called them ‘sir’ and ‘miss’, Jongin was obviously not amazed by his fiancé’s little act. He expected her to come down to the restaurant to be mad and outraged by his stupid request to serve them, but here she was, all smiley and , willing to do it when he was pretty sure she doesn’t know how to do it.

 

“This is just… so weird.” Chanyeol breaks off the awkward silence by mumbling as he obviously referred to the fact that Soojung was acting as if they weren't from the same social class.

 

After Chanyeol spoke up, their friends finally did the same one by one, saying their orders out loud so that Soojung could write it in a little notebook Youngji gave so she could remember what they wanted and bring them later to their table. However, Jinri was still not talking to her and even had to ask her boyfriend to say what she wanted for her. But it doesn’t pisses Soojung that much as Jongin, who was literally the one who said what he wanted to eat but kept on changing his order every five seconds.

 

“Oh, one last thing.” Once again, Jongin’s voice rings behind her, preventing her to leave. She had no choice but to turn around so she could look and listen at him. She wanted to curse him when she saw him smirk, but chose to bite her tongue so that she could control and prevent herself from saying something rude, now he is her customer. “There’s one more thing that I want.”

 

“Yes, sir?” She asks in the most polite way as possible. “What is it?”

 

“I know, it would be pretty hard to do but…” He looks up at her, faking a smile. “I would want for the waitress serving us to sit down and eat with us. There is an unoccupied chair in the table. I suppose you could do it.”

 

The smile on her face doesn’t disappear but Jongin’s does when she says, “I am very sorry, sir. But the waitress is too busy serving that she won’t be able to do what you asked to.”

 

heart.gif

 

Shortly after that, Soojung returns to their table with a trolley that had all of their orders. She still had a small smile on her face, but what they didn’t know is that she was complaining about them when Youngji was helping her out with the food. One by one, she puts their orders in in front of them and even though she was doing it carefully, it was evident that she struggling a bit to the point that Jongin was about to forget that he was supposed to be upset with her and help her. She has already finished though when he was about to stand up.

 

Impressed by how hard her friend was working, Sehun looks up to her and says, “I’m going to give you a tip later.”

 

“Why, thank you.” Acting touched, she puts up a hand to her chest.

 

“Tips aren’t even useful to you when you can just get thousand of bucks in your bank account.” Jinri whispers quietly, but Jongin heard it perfectly as he was sitting next to her so he nods to agree.

 

“Enjoy your meal!” She exclaims cheerfully before bowing in front of them again, making her friends uncomfortable. “It was nice serving you all.” She tells them, though once she turns around she lets out a tired sigh and tried her best to walk as fast as she could so Jongin doesn’t ask her for another thing.

 

 

heart.gif

 

It hasn’t even been 5 minutes when Soojung arrived at the infinity pool to clean it with Taehyung when her friends suddenly came out from their own respective rooms to take a swim, making her feel uneasy. Jinri was even wearing a one piece black swimsuit, which Soojung finds quite ironic because everbody knows that she doesn’t know how to swim and even if she’s there to sunbathe, it was still early to do so.

 

“Sir, you still can’t swim. I’m still cleaning it.” She says as soon as Jongin puts his feet at the pool, but the boy just looks at her.

 

Instead of leaving the pool just like her fiancée asked her to, Jongin removes his shirt so he could swim just like what he wanted to do in the first place and intentionally throws it on Sehun’s face behind him. He expected her to have a reaction, but she did not do anything at all. She still did not want to get mad, so Soojung sighs and looked away from him. Taehyung, who was also cleaning across the pool, chuckles silently seeing how she reacted.

 

“Hey!” Sehun shouts, removing the Jongin’s shirt from his face. He was about to continue complaining about what he just did when he realizes that he had dived in the pool so he waits until he pops his head out from the water again. “Kim Jongin, look at me!”

 

Annoyed, Jongin looks to where he was and sees that Sehun has moved right next to the railings, threatening to drop his shirt down. “You wouldn’t dare.”

 

“Oh, I would.”

 

“If you do it, I’m going to kill-”

 

Just before he could even continue his sentence, Sehun smirks at him evilly before dropping off his shirt to the ground floor. Of course, Jongin has no plans on killing his friend literally but he did get a little angry, and it was quite evident by his furrowed eyebrows. He didn’t want to get up from the pool as he was enjoying the cool water a lot, so instead of punching him and telling him to get his shirt back, he splashes him with the water, causing him to get soaked in.

 

The thing is, Sehun was standing right next to Soojung when that happened so she got as wet as him, probably even more than him as she was closer to the pool. The only difference between the two, Sehun was already prepared to get wet and swim, being in his swimming trunks and all, but Soojung wasn’t. In fact, her perfectly ironed uniform was now ruined, wet and cold.

 

All of her friends freeze in their places in shock: Tao was taking selfies when it happened while Chanyeol was applying sunscreen to her girlfriend. Even Jongin got nervous because of what he has done, though he didn’t really show it. He didn’t really mean that to happen and just wanted to get revenge on Sehun, and now he was regretting not thinking before doing it. They all starred at her, expecting her to lose her cool and be mad, but the girl who had all smiles just put up a poker face as she looked at her soaking outfit and then back to Jongin. She didn’t show any sign of anger at all, at least that was what they thought.

 

“. If Ms. Hong sees you like this, she’ll surely scold you.” Taehyung comes running to her, grabbing the net that she was using and gesturing her to go. “I’ll do your work for awhile. Hurry up and change.”


“Thanks, Taehyung.” She smiles at him softly, patting his back before walking away to go to the elevator.

 

As soon as she leaves the pool side, Soojung immediately frowns in annoyance and quietly curses her fiancée for what he has done. Hopefully, her manager doesn’t see her like that, because just like what Taehyung said, she wouldn’t be too happy to see one of the employees soaking wet. She regrets taking a towel from the pool to dry herself up even just a little, but she couldn’t go back anymore as the doors of the elevator have already opened.

 

Thankfully, there was nobody inside when she entered. She didn’t want anyone, neither the guests nor her fellow employees, to see her like that. But then she was pretty sure that once she goes out in the lobby, there would be a lot of people. She could only hope that Jackson was there. Surely he’d help her to pass the lobby without getting noticed, right?

 

The elevator makes another sound, indicating that the doors will close soon. However, Soojung sees Jongin sprinting to get into the same elevator. With a poker face on, she presses the close button continuously, not wanting to be stuck in the same space as him but it was already too late. He successfully enters the elevator in the very last minute, and Soojung just furrows her eyebrows when he did, mentally cursing him and his athletism for being fast.

 

“What floor, sir?” She asks him, but since she wasn’t facing him, her frown doesn’t disappear.

 

Before answering, Jongin lets out a grunt. “Stop calling me that.” He tells her, but she doesn’t reply. “In which floor are you going out?”

 

“Err… On the ground floor, sir.”

 

“Then I’ll go down there as well.”

 

The floor of the elevator was slowly getting wet, as both of them were dripping in water.

 

“You don’t look good in your uniform.” He mumbles, looking at her back. “You look better when you're not wearing that.”

 

Taken back by what he said, Soojung finally looks at him, who looked at him back, with an eyebrow raised. He didn’t look like he realized what he meant so she looks away from him again, mumbling something that he didn’t comprehend. She just hated how the time seemed slower when they were inside the elevator and it was like it wasn’t even moving.

 

“Oh my god. I didn’t- That wasn’t what meant!” Jongin finally realizes what he just said and freaks out. “I-I meant you look better… when you’re not working... like that…”

 

Suddenly, she turns around once again to face him and exclaims,“You know what? Since we’re all alone and nobody will see us, I’ll just do it.”

 

Confused, flustered and was thinking about something else, his eyes widens in shock, “D-Do it? Here? Inside the elevator? For 's sake, we might get caught. Can we get a room at least?”

 

"What the are you talking about?" She frowns.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

“I'm talking about you coming all the way to Jeju to ruin what I want to do! You think I don't know about it? I've known you for years, Jongin, and I'm pretty sure that you're not really here for a vacation!" She shouts, walking closer to him as he backed away and eventually gets stuck in the corner of the lift. “Why do you keep on doing this, huh?! Why can’t I just work in peace without you little ruining everything?! Why can’t you just let me be?! Do you really have to annoy me here too?!”

 

“Uhm, yes?”

 

Frustrated by his answer, Soojung grunts her teeth before cursing him. “Well, you!”

 

At the same time she curses him, the elevator makes a sound and the doors open. It immediately stops her from saying more things that she wanted to say as she realizes that there was somebody waiting for them to come out. And as if her day couldn’t get any worse, it was her manager who saw them and she quicky moves away from Jongin.

 

"What do you think you're doing, Jung Soojung?" Ms. Hong asks in a horrified tone, and she swears she heard Jongin chuckle behind her.

 

"She just randomly cursed at me." Jongin answers for her, and Soojung could only bow her head. Obviously, he was enjoying this. "I suggest we lower her paycheck."

 

"And why are you wet?" Her manager questions once again as she looked at her from head to toe.

 

"Uhm, she-" This time, Jongin was to make up an excuse, only to be cut off by Soojung.

 

"I fell off the pool." She lies, but the older woman seems to believe it. Miss Hong just shakes her head by what she said and then gestures her to follow her, seemingly to order her to do something. Soojung obeys and walked out of the elevator, but not before punching Jongin in his stomach, catching him off guard.

 

Instead of getting mad, Jongin just chuckles once again. He was about to follow them out while holding his tummy until the elevator door suddenly closes. She was even looking back at him, but the little scream he let out indicates that he was very surprised, and this time, it was Soojung's turn to laugh at him.

041.gif

author's note: 

before i say anything else, i would just like to thank you all for the 600+ sub and 50 upvotes. i feel like i don't really deserve it, when there are a lot more wonderful stories out there, but still i am very grateful for the love that you've given me. i sound very dramatic but it's really true. i wish the holidays could come fast so i could update and make y'all happy.

i've got good news and bad news. since i was planning this chapter for a while in celebration for soojung's birthday, this was supposed to be much more longer but i've cut it short, hence the boring chapter, all the exciting and fluffy kaistal moments are in the next chapter. now i only have to edit some of it's parts, but i have a lot of exams these upcoming days so it's would be that fast. one thing's for sure, it won't take me another month to update again. XD

before i leave, i want to drop off this bop that perfectly describes jongin's and soojung's current relationship in the story. as always, i hope you all have a great day, and don't forget to greet soojung a happy birthday! <3