Chapter Forty-Two

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO

 

One of the clubs that Mino’s family owns in Itaewon was closed to the public that night, only to be used to the young heirs of the city as it was the place where Imperium Academy’s football team held their after-party. Everybody was jumping up and down to the music, going crazy and singing along to Coldplay’s Viva La Vida, their unofficial theme song, even though they didn’t know the lyrics. At the middle of the crowd were the football team, jumping along to the beat of the music and throwing champagnes at everyone around them. It was surely a sight that Soojung never expected to see.

 

Who knew that the sophisticated and posh students of Imperium Academy had this side of them? If she only knew it before, then she wouldn’t have gone out partying with their rivals and could have just partied with them, though she thinks that they’re only doing this because they won. Still, she would love to have known it a long time ago. Now it seems like she’s on a new world with new people, and she’s honestly feeling weirded out by all that.

 

In the end, Luhan and Junmyeon didn’t go to the party just like how they planned to, Sehun being the ladies’ man that he is was flirting with the girls, Jinri and Chanyeol are out somewhere probably doing it, and Jongin… He hasn’t seen him since they parted ways in Ehra High, but she’s pretty sure he was there somewhere. So basically, she was drinking alone in the bar, smiling at everyone who passes by her even though they were trying to avoid her, until Seulgi comes along to sit beside her.

 

“I talked to some kids from Ehra High at the match today.” She informs her happily.

 

“Did you really? How was it then?”

 

“Well, they looked at me strangely.”

 

“That’s understandable since you never acted that way to them before.”

 

“What do I do then? I want their votes.” Seulgi says blankly as if it was like a really big problem.

 

Soojung laughs. “Come on, you still have 20 years to go. Don’t stress about it.”

 

“Ah, I really need to be nicer to people.” Seulgi looks down.

 

"You already are, though."

 

As Seulgi continued to tell her story, Soojung suddenly felt someone put their hand on her shoulders so naturally she screams, twisting the person’s wrist to get it out of her skin until she realizes that it was fiancée, who looked quite drunk, holding a glass of champagne on his other hand. Instead of telling her to stop, he just smiled at her.

 

“Jongin? Oh my god, I’m sorry.” She quickly lets go of his arm and also fixes his hair as he looked horrible.

 

“Good evening, love.” He greets her, spilling a bit of his drink. Soojung had to steal his glass from him so he could stop drinking. Seulgi mumbles something incomprehensible as she judged him from head to toe and that’s when he notices her. “Oh, Seulgi! You’re here too!” He looks and then waves at her. “May I excuse this lovely lady for a moment? I really need to talk to her.”

 

“Talk to her?” Seulgi’s eyes widen. She wonders if he’s actually going to tell her his feelings, making her excited. “Sure! Of course! Go ahead. You can have her. Oh, there aren’t much people on the second floor. I suggest you bring her there.”

 

“Sweet. Let’s go, Soojung.”

 

“Wait, why must we talk on the second floor-”

 

Before she could even get an answer from Seulgi, Soojung has felt Jongin holding her hand, pulling her near him so that they could go to the second floor. The last thing she saw from the first floor was Seulgi waving at her goodbye and putting up her two thumbs up. And just like what she said, there weren’t really any people around the floor except some who were either smoking or making out.

 

“Please don’t vomit all over me.” She pleads as soon as he finally releases her hand in front of the railings. They had the perfect view of the ground floor, but everybody down there was too busy doing their own thing to even look at them.

 

“What are you talking about?” Jongin laughs. “I would never do that.”

 

“Oh, are you not?” He shakes his head. “Okay, great. I thought you would and I got a little nervous for a moment there.”

 

“Silly girl.” The boy ruffles her hair. “I just wanted to spend some alone time with the most beautiful girl here.”

 

Usually when he does that he looks away and let her be immediately after doing so, but this time he doesn’t. He just kept on looking at her, making her a little flustered. "Oh... You mean... Me?"

 

"Why, of course it's you! Why would it be somebody else?" Playfully, he pushes her, causing her to stumble a little.

 

“Ah, by the way… You did really great on the match. Wait, I think I said that already.”

 

“You really think so?” He smiles after receiving a compliment from her. “Don’t you think I deserve to have a reward or something?”

 

“Oh, I understand now!” She finally looks back at him and says in an accusing tone, “You brought me here because you wanted the kiss!”

 

“Hmm, not really.” He lies, looking away but quickly admits it anyways before she could even change her mind. “Okay fine, I kind of did. But you heard Seulgi suggesting that we go hear so it’s not entirely my idea.”

 

“You really fancy my kisses, don’t you?” She teased.

 

It took him long to answer since he was too busy giggling. “Hmm, I really do.” Taken a back as she didn’t actually expect him to admit it, Soojung laughs to the point that Jongin laughs along even though he didn’t mean that as a joke. “So are we going to kiss or…?”

 

“You’re very entertaining when you’re drunk. That was such a straightforward answer.”

 

“Is that a yes or no?”

 

“Okay, since you’ve been bugging me about it since this afternoon. But let’s make it quick alright? People might see us and I bet they’ll tease us for it.”

 

“Yay!” Jongin was ecstatic. He kept on giggling like a little kid again and it was actually amusing to watch for Soojung. She knows that he’s drunk and all, but she liked seeing this cute side of him. He doesn’t waste any time and closes his eyes, waiting for the taste of her lips. "By the way, a peck on my lips doesn't count, okay?"

 

Just when she was about to lean in though, she was reminded by the last time he got drunk and how she realized that he was quite attractive. Strangely enough, those thoughts were suddenly coming back to her head. But she shakes her head to keep away those thoughts away and continues to lean in until she hears some footsteps…

 

“Yo, Jongin what the hell are you doing here?”

 

Chanyeol and Jinri suddenly came out from nowhere, catching Jongin doing a kissy face alone. They looked around the place but saw no one (or Soojung in particular) so they just assumed that he was practicing his kissing skills.

 

“Why are you kissing... the air?” He hears Jinri ask, and even though he hasn’t opened his eyes, he could feel her judging him.

 

“Wha- Where’s Soojung?” Jongin, whose eyes were finally open, freaks out. “I swear to God she was just right here!”

 

“I guess somebody drank a lot tonight, huh?”

 

“Okay, I did but I swear-” He pauses, looking at his two friends. “Wait, where did you two come from?”

 

The two couple exchanges looks and blushes. “Let’s get you home.”

 

Meanwhile, under a nearby table was Soojung hiding. She honestly has no idea why she suddenly panicked when she heard people coming, or when she was just inches away from Jongin’s lips. Was she just scared because she knows for a fact that each kiss that they do, it gets harder for her to break away from him?

                                                                                                                                  

heart.gif

 

“Did you know that Jongin thought that he was kissing you last night? We found him doing a kissy face alone on the second floor.”

 

“Oh… That’s so funny.”

 

Upon hearing her best friend’s reply, Jinri looks at Soojung suspiciously. Sure she laughed along, but it sounded really fake and forced. She wasn’t even looking at her and was just playing with her fingers – something that she does when she’s nervous. Suddenly, she realizes that she didn't see her anywhere last night.

 

“So tell me, where were you last night? I don't think I saw you.”

 

“M-me? I kept going to the bathroom because I wasn’t feeling well.” She lies.

 

“That’s impossible. Chanyeol and I were in the bath-” Jinri immediately pauses after seeing Soojung’s enlarging eyes. She regrets what she has started to say and looks away.

 

“What were the two of you doing in there- You know what, I actually don’t want to know.”

 

Suddenly, a store clerk comes up to them and says, “Miss Choi, you’re up. Please follow me.”

 

With their graduation ceremony coming up, it also means one thing: that the yearly senior’s ball is coming up as well. It was Soojung’s first and last Imperium Academy ball so she promises herself that she will come this time. And when it comes to times like these, it’s an unspoken rule to Jinri and Soojung to help each other out in picking up a dress. That's why they decided to go to a famous designer's boutique. If only Jessica was there, Soojung would have asked her to do one for her though.

 

Dressed up in a long black lace dress, Jinri comes out of the dressing room to where Soojung was sitting, or should I say laying at. Good thing the clerk was chill about it. “Does this look good on me?”

 

“Honey, you look perfect in every dress that you put on.” Soojung replies in a matter-of-fact tone. “You could wear a garbage bag at the ball and still look good.”

 

“It’s true, Miss Choi.” The lady assisting them giggles when Jinri shook her head.

 

“See? Even the unnie here agrees.”

 

“Of course, she will. She wants us to buy the dress.” She chuckles. “And I know that you would say that to me because you love me.”

 

“Okay, that’s true but don’t blame me!” Soojung shouts as her best friend heads back to put on another dress. “It’s you and your gorgeous genes, alright?”

 

“Whatever, Soojung.”

 

“Hey, don’t try on another dress! You look y on that!”

 

“That’s the problem. You can see my cleavage. Chanyeol will kill me.”

 

“He will kill you? I’ll kill him instead!”

 

In the end, Jinri chooses a peach coloured one-shoulder dress, which doesn’t really surprises Soojung since she already knew that her best friend has weird obsession on peach coloured clothes. When it was her turn to dress up, Jinri suddenly came to the hallway where the dressing room was, startling her.

 

“Can you wait outside? I got surprised seeing your face.”

 

“I’m not gonna enter anyways. I just want to ask something real quick.”

 

Soojung sighs, “If it’s something stupid, I’m not going to answer it.”

 

“Has Jongin asked you out?” Jinri asks. “I mean, to the ball.”

 

Come to think of it, her fiancée hasn’t asked her out when there’s only a few days left, though he did mention before that he wants to bring her to the ball before back in Christmas. “Err… Kind of?”

 

“What do you mean kind of?”

 

“He told me before that he’ll bring me to this ball but… uhm… He hasn’t actually asked me out-”

 

“He’s such an idiot. I’m going to remind him to ask you out-”

 

“Wait,” Soojung quickly dresses up so she could pop her head out without being completely . “What if… he doesn’t really want to come with me?”

 

“You just told me that he wanted to bring you along?”

 

“Yeah, but what if he changed his mind?” She asks, looking very concerned and worried and Jinri could only laugh. If she only knew that Jongin would never change his mind about her.

 

“That’s bull, Soojung. I’ll call him now so he-”

 

“No!” She quickly grabs her wrist, “Don’t tell him to ask him out, please. Knowing Jongin, he’ll probably think that I want him as my partner.”

 

“Don’t you want him as your partner?”

 

“I do. But…” She bites her lips, “I want him to ask me out, but without anyone telling him. I mean, if he really wants me to be his partner, he wouldn’t forget, right?”

 

 heart.gif

 

The graduation and the ball for the seniors were coming up soon meaning the students are now more relaxed since they don’t have to study and do any exams anymore. They were advised to practice for their graduation and ball though, but for the students, that was a lot better than having classes.

 

Currently, Jongin’s class was on their way to the school’s hall where the ball is going to be held and also the place where they’re going to practice their waltz.

 

“What the do you mean you asked Seulgi out?” Jongin almost shouts after learning that Sehun has asked her out. Good thing that they were in the last in line. He had no problem with him having his ex-girlfriend as his date, really. It’s just that he thought that he fancied Sooyoung so he thought that he would ask her instead. “What about Sooyoung? I thought you liked her.”

 

“Like is such a strong word. I prefer flirt.” Sehun says calmly, making his friend roll his eyes. He should have expected that answer from him. “Anyways, I can’t flirt with her anymore. She’s dating some dude called Yook Sungjae from one of our sister schools.”

 

“And Seungwan?”

 

Sehun looks at him with a judging expression, “Don’t tell me that you haven’t heard that Seungwan’s going out with Seungyoon?”

 

Surprised, he had to stop walking to let the information sink in. “Are you ing kidding me?”

 

“Dude, you didn’t know? They’ve been dating for like a month now. But then again, you’re only interested on things about Soojung so I’m not really surprised that you didn’t know.”

 

“But still, mate. How the do I not know about this? Do I really just listen when the topic is about Soojung?”

 

“Yeah, pretty much.” Sehun nods in confirmation. “Speaking of Soojung, have you asked her out?”

 

“No, I haven’t.” Jongin looks at him, his eyes wide. “Do I have to ask her? I mean, we’re literally engaged. Doesn't that mean that she's obligated to go with me?”

 

“Dunno, but Chanyeol had to ask Jinri out to go with him and they’ve been dating for years.” He informs him. “Plus if you don’t ask her, some boys might.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Jongin chuckles. “Nobody would dare ask her out when everybody knows that we’re engaged.”

 

Just when he says that, the two friends finally enters the hall and sees that some kids from the other class were already there. The first thing Jongin does was to look for Soojung, of course, only to see her on one corner with Taeyong, enraging him. He had a serious expression on his face, but he couldn't say the same to the girl as she wasn't facing them.

 

“Oh , I think you should take back what you said.” Sehun mumbles to him teasingly. He had the urge to laugh out loud but didn’t since his friend looked like he was going to burst any moment now.

 

“What the is he doing here?” Jongin turns to him as he pointed at his former teammate angrily. “He’s not even a senior!”

 

“Dude, I just got here with you remember-”

 

“Is he flirting with Soojung?! And why is he so close to her?!”

 

Just when Sehun was about to calm him down, Jongin leaves him. Taeyong was about to speak when he suddenly appears in front of them, startling both him and Soojung, and he didn’t look very happy to see him to talk to his fiancé.

 

“Well, well, well… Look who’s here. The bastard himself who couldn't keep his ing mouth shut.” He frowns. “I applaud you for even showing your face to the girl that you hurt the most.”

 

“The girl has no date, so I suppose there’s nothing wrong on talking with-”

 

“You dare to ask her out?!” Jongin scoffs, and then proceeds on saying. “She’s going with me, isn’t that right, Soojung?”

 

The girl shrugs, “Well, you haven’t really asked me out…”

 

Behind him, Taeyong just snickers, causing Jongin to face him again and curse, “If you don’t ing shut up, I’ll-”

 

“Taeyong, please leave.” Soojung cuts him off. The last thing that she wants to be remembered for at their school is for being involved in a fight with the two boys, and thankfully Taeyong did follow her.

 

“It was lovely talking to you, Soojung.” He bows a little and before finally going, he tells her, “I hope it wouldn’t be the last one.”

 

Her fiancée rolls his eyes. “You bet it will be if you don’t ing-” With just one look from the girl, Jongin immediately shuts his mouth and looks away. But that doesn’t mean that he has stopped feeling upset after seeing them together. “I can’t believe you were talking to him when he’s the cause on why you felt like for the past few days-”

 

“He was the one who approached me first. I couldn’t just ignore him.”

 

“You could have, but you didn’t.” This time, it was Soojung’s turn to frown. Sure, she couldn’t trust Taeyong anymore but it’s not like she wanted to talk to him in the first place. “And even if I didn’t ask you out, isn’t it an unspoken rule between us to go to the ball together as we are engaged?”

 

Pouting a little, she looks down because she knew that he had a point. But still, she lowkey wanted to hear him saying that he wanted to go with her. “To my defense, Chanyeol asked Jinri out by baking a cake for her and they’ve been dating for years.”

 

“God damn it, Soojung. It’s just a cake. I’m going to buy you a hundred cakes if you want to. Who cares about those two?”

 

“It’s not just about a ing cake. It’s just-”

 

Unfortunately just when she was about to continue, the teacher in charge of them had called everybody to the center of the hall to start practicing. Soojung looks over Jongin behind her, who looked like he was still upset by the whole thing, to wait for him to ask for her hand.

 

“What? Am I your partner now?” He asks her.

 

“I don’t have any choice, do I?”

 

Without saying another word, Jongin gestures her to give her hand to him, which she does. He leads her to the center in which most of the classmates were. When the music starts, Jongin slowly puts his other hand on her waist, while she just puts hers on his shoulder.

 

Despite their body close to one another and them holding hands, neither of them talked nor looked at each others’ eyes, though Jongin was feeling a little guilty for suddenly snapping at her for talking to Taeyong. He thought that maybe he should apologize or just be the first one to speak, but he just didn’t know when to.


That was until she beats him into it…

 

“We promised that we’ll never get mad at each other again.” She mumbles.

 

“I’m not- It’s not like that. I’m not mad at you.”

 

“Are you jealous then?” She finally looks directly at his eyes again, wanting to see his reaction. “Are you jealous of Taeyong for speaking to me?”

 

Speaking of reactions, he didn’t have a great one. He was unable to reply immediately as he self-proclaims that he has never been jealous simply because he has no reason to. He does realize that the reason why he’s acting that way is exactly how she said it but he chose to be stubborn and lie. “I am not.”

 

“So you are mad at me?”

 

“Okay fine, I’ll admit it. I am jealous. There, I said it. Happy?” Jongin bites his lower lip. Since he didn’t really want to say it at first, it came out a little meaner than he intended to. But to his surprise, her fiancé just chuckles. “I don’t like seeing him talk to you after what he and Namjoon has done.”

 

“You idiot. You don’t have to be.” She moves her hand from his shoulders to his cheeks to caress his cheeks gently. Soojung doesn’t seem to realize what she has done because shortly after that, she blushes, creating an awkward atmosphere between the two of them, who once again, weren’t able to look at each other.

 

“I think Taeyong just wanted to piss you off because he didn’t ask me out. The reason why he’s here is because he just wanted to apologize for what he has done, though he did tell me that he didn’t actually say anything and just accompanied Namjoon to where Jin was.” He hears her explain. “That, and he volunteered to be one to clean up for the ball. I’m certain that he just want to watch a certain lady, just like the creep that he is.”

 

When he heard the last part, Jongin’s eyes immediately look for Seulgi, who wasn’t that far from him and Soojung. Surprisingly, she looked like she was having a great time laughing with Sehun as he told her a lame joke.

 

heart.gif

 

Maybe he was too excited to see her, or maybe he just went to the school earlier than they planned to but Jongin was really getting impatient about how Soojung hasn’t arrived yet. Sehun has left both him and Chanyeol as Seulgi had to arrive earlier than most students. Jinri arrives a little late as well, all dolled up in her peach dress, but at she did arrive before Soojung.

 

“I thought that Soojung’s coming with you?” He asked before the couple went inside the hall. He was pretty sure that she slept at the Chois’ residence last night so he expected for the two best friends to arrive together.

 

“Yoona unnie offered to help her with her make up back at her place so we couldn’t.” Jinri answers. “Don’t worry. She’ll arrive soon.”

 

After hearing where she was at, he quickly dials Luhan’s number to ask where his fiancé was. He would call Yoona, but he was too shy to do so. Besides, he was closer to her husband anyays.

 

“Dude, you’re really impatient, aren’t you?” The older boy laughs from the other line of the phone. “She left already so don’t worry. She’ll arrive soon if there’s no traffic.”

 

“I’ve been standing here partnerless for like ten minutes.”

 

“Wait, you’re all alone?”

 

“Well, I wasn’t. Chanyeol was just here two minutes ago.”

 

Suddenly, he hears Luhan arguing with Yoona on the phone. It seems like she wanted to speak to the boy but Luhan doesn’t want to give the phone. In the end, she succeeds on snatching his own phone from her husband. “Hello, Jongin?”

 

“Yes noona?”

 

“Take care of my cousin, okay – Ugh, Luhan get off me!”

 

“Give me my phone back!”

 

“Jeez, what the hell is happening there?”

 

With a poker face on, he waited for the couple to stop fighting over the phone to talk to him. He really had the urge to laugh at them but if he did, Luhan will surely kill him so he decided not to. He was listening to their conversation attentively that he didn’t notice the white limousine that has stopped behind him. It was when he hears someone call his name from behind that he turns around.

 

Dressed in a backless silky red dress and her wavy hair all tied up, Soojung looked stunning to the point that he was unable to speak when Luhan and Yoona was calling his name over the phone. She flashes him a small smile and he almost drops his phone to the floor, causing her to chuckle.

 

“I-I have to go. She’s here.” He informs them.

 

“Oh, she’s here!” Yoona squeals. “I mean, she’s there. Whatever. Have a good time, Jongin!”

 

“Good luck!” He hears Luhan shout, and the thought of him confessing had him nervous. He had actually forgotten about it until he reminded him.

 

“Good luck for what-” Yoona asks but it seemed like Luhan has already ended the call.

 

Turning around once again, he sees his fiancé talking to her driver and bowing politely to him, thanking him for the drive in which the driver responded by bowing back. She then slowly goes up to the stairs and midway, Jongin helps her by offering his hand.

 

“Sorry, I’m a little late.” She apologizes as soon as she was at the same floor as him. “Were you bored?” She looks at him, but he doesn’t look back as he knows that is he does, he’ll get twice the nervousness.
 

“N-not really.” He lied, shaking his head. “, did I just stutter in front of her?”

 

Just like how he predicted, they were the topic of everyone’s subject as soon as they walk in the hall. Everybody’s eyes were on them after seeing their arms linked. But Jongin knows they just were looking at Soojung. He wouldn't blame them though when she's looking extra beautiful and breathtaking that night. Jinri and Seulgi even left their own respective partners just to greet and hug her.

 

“Well, aren’t you a lucky man?” He felt Sehun’s presence beside him as he handed him a glass of champagne. He accepts it but his eyes don’t leave Soojung. “Why am I not engaged to Soojung instead?”

 

What Sehun says immediately catches his attention so he turns to him to glare at him. “ off man.”

 

heart.gif

 

Below the high ceiling and bright chandeliers were the 4th year students of Imperium Academy in their tailored tuxedos and couture dresses, dancing waltz as a live orchestra played Johann Pachelbel in the background. Just above them at the second floor were their professors and some other guests watching and applauding them as the students danced in union gracefully. Usually, Soojung gets nervous when there are a lot of important people around watching her, but with Jongin there, their hands holding as they swayed to the music, everything just goes away on her mind.

 

“Please don’t look at me as if I’ve done something wrong.” Jongin mumbles.

 

As far as he knows, he hasn’t done anything mean to her, yet. Actually, he doesn’t even plan to do anything mean to her at all. So why does Soojung hasn’t stopped looking at him ever since they’ve started dancing? There was nothing wrong with that, but he feels like he’s going to blush soon if she doesn’t stop and he doesn’t want that.

 

“Well, you have done something wrong.” She states, causing him to finally look at her.

 

“What have I done?”  The panic expression on his face made Soojung laugh and it left him confused. Oh how the tables turned. Usually he was the one to laugh at her expressions, but now it was her who laughs at his. “What did I do?”

 

“I think everybody in this room has complimented me for how I look tonight, and you’re the only one who hasn’t.” She tells him.

 

“Seriously, Soojung?” He laughs.

 

“Seriously, Jongin.”

 

“Why does my opinion matter?”

 

“Just because…” She pauses for a second as she thought of a reason. “Just because I want to hear it come out of your mouth. You’re my husband, and your opinion means more to me than anyone else’s.”

 

“Future husband.” Jongin tells her and she just shrugs. His response reminded him of her whenever she says the same thing when he calls her his wife. “Do you wanna know why I haven’t looked at you for the whole evening?”

 

She nods her head slightly.

 

“Because if I did, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself…” He pauses, leaning closer to her and looking at her lips. “…from kissing my gorgeous fiancé.” He then looks up to her eyes and says, “And now I just looked at you, so please tell me not to.”

 

“What if…” She slowly puts her hands on the back his neck. “I told you to just do it?”

 

Feeling like she was teasing him, Jongin bites his lips. “You mean to just… kiss you? I thought you didn’t want me to kiss you.”

 

Honestly, she was really wanted to kiss Jongin that night at the club if only Jinri and Chanyeol didn’t come so suddenly out of nowhere. She was a little scared to do it in front of their friends so she didn’t in the end. But there’s no way that she’s telling all of that to him.

 

“Remember the day of the finals when you asked me for a kiss as a reward if the team wins?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Well, you never got your reward.”

 

Jongin couldn’t help but to giggle. He couldn’t believe what she was saying. “Is that an excuse to kiss me, wifey?”

 

“Maybe it is.” She smiles at him before he finally leans in to kiss her.

 

There was something about when they kiss that just make them forgot about everything. Just like how they kissed in Paris and how Jongin forgot for a second that he was supposed to hate her. In their second kiss in their supposed date, they got so into it that they forgot that they were in a public place. The same thing happened that night, except this time they were surrounded by the colleagues.

 

When their lips met, both completely forget about the fact that they were surrounded by people. It just felt like so right, it felt like they weren't anybody else in the room and that they were just being themselves. They were so into it to the point that Soojung seemed to not mind when Jongin slowly lets his hand slowly slip into her cold, smooth back. Oh, if she only knew how much he was longing for that kiss.

 

“Soojung.” She hears Jongin mumble, snapping her out of her thoughts that were fulled of desire to continue on kissing him.

 

“Hmm?” Even though they already stopped kissing, Soojung still had her eyes close, had a big grin plastered in her face, their faces were still inches close and their noses touching. But he knows that what he will say soon will ruin her mood.

 

“Don’t be startled but… everybody’s looking at us.” He whispers.

 

That’s when her expression completely changes. Her eyes were now so huge and her expression turned from a happy one to a panicked one. She doesn’t dare to look at her surrounding as she was too embarrassed. Slowly, she backs away, dropping wide. How can she let herself loose so easily? How can she forget that there were people around them? How can she just kiss him so passionately?

 

On the other hand, Jongin spots their friends at the corner of his eye. Both Jinri and Chanyeol were very amazed by the kiss as it was their first time actually seeing them kiss, if you don’t count their very first one when they were kids. Seulgi had her jaw dropped, but she also put up a thumb up when she sees him look at her and her partner… The cheeky bastard that was Sehun looked very happy and was mouthing something to him. He wasn’t able to understand, but he swears that he just said something about ‘hotel’ and ‘’ so he already knows what he was talking about and reminds himself that he has to kill his friend later.

 

“Uhm, J-Jongin. I-I have to go to the bathroom.” Soojung tells him, blushing really hard.

 

041.gif

author's note: 

to be honest, i wanted them to kiss in front of the crowd when the football team won with both imperium academy students and ehra high students watching them, but i thought that it would be a little too cliche and very high school musical like lol. i was like super close to make them kiss on that club scene, but i wanted for you all to think that the kiss won't happen in the end so i put it in the last part instead hehehe.

also, i'd like to thank you all so much for the lovely comments from the last chapter. y'all don't know how much it made me happy. i hope you all have a wonderful week! <33