Chapter Six

I Hate You Not

 

CHAPTER SIX

 

It’s either he’s deaf now, or Soojung is high. 

 

“Did Jinri give you drugs? Don’t do drugs, drugs can destroy your life.”

 

“Why would my bestfriend give me drugs? I’m being serious.” She laughs. “Can I tell you something?”

 

“Speak up.” Jongin stands next to her once again. He watches her talk and stares at the stars, her eyes shining very bright, even brighter than the stars.

 

“Growing up, I’ve always wanted to be like those Disney Princesses.” She hears him chuckle. “You know, I want to have a happy ever after with my Prince Charming just like them. When I met Derek, I knew he was the one. He was my Prince Charming.”

 

“Can I vomit?” He asks with a disgusted face. “If you’re going to talk about your boyfriend then I might as well go.”

 

“Shh, let me finish.” She orders, putting one finger to his lips to shut him up. “My father really looked so happy when he was talking about you with his friends. He talked about you like you were his own son or something. So, I thought…” Soojung speaks more and more quietly to the point that it seems like she was whispering. “I thought that I should, you know, just agree on this thing. On our engagement, I mean.”

 

Jongin didn’t know what to say. Should he laugh? Should he again?

 

“You always ask me the hardest things.” He sighs.

 

“So is that a no? You won’t help me?”

 

“Soojung, you can’t just fall in love with someone by asking for their help. I know I’m annoying and you hate that. If you ask me to help you to fall in love with me, it’s kind of forced, you know? I don’t like that. You have to fall in love by yourself.” Jongin himself was a bit confused on what he said as he doesn’t really say things like that. “What the did I just say?”

 

The girl could only chuckle. “Have you ever been in love? You sound like some kind of love expert.”

 

“I had like, three or four girlfriends, but no, I didn’t really fancy them.” He shakes his head. “My relationships were so boring. They would send me messages on how amazingly handsome I am, we would go out on dates, we would kiss, but there’s no action!”

 

“Idiot, you were supposed to be in a relationship, not in an action movie.” She looks at him in disbelief.

 

“But you know what? I don’t want you to fall in love with me.” He puts his hand on her head and ruffles her hair. “I like fighting with you.”

 

“I could say the same,” She smiles at him while she pinched his hand, making him groan in pain again. “I looove fighting with you.” She then takes off his blazer and hands it back to him. “Forget what I said. Thanks for this, by the way.”

 

“Are you going to bed?” He asks as she walk away from him.

 

“Yeah. You should go home and rest.” She looks at him for the last time and smiles. “Good night, Jongin.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

After Jinri goes out from school, Soojung goes straight to her house as they promised to spend one night together before she goes back to Los Angeles. This was of course, unnecessary since Soojung will be back to stay in Seoul for good. But Jinri insisted, saying that she wanted to hang out with her.

 

They spent the whole night chatting, gossiping and watching chick flicks movies until morning. Soojung felt bad, knowing that her bestfriend was going to wake up early, but Jinri didn’t care and continued to watch with her. She didn’t really want to go to her first class anyways. With one lamp , they laid next to each other at Jinri’s bed, giggling and making jokes before finally closing their eyes to sleep.

 

Jinri was naturally the first one to wake up. Soojung has always been a heavy sleeper, so she let her sleep comfortably. But that was until somebody continously knocked on her door loudly. Jinri couldn’t open it as she was on the shower. She hoped Soojung doesn’t wake up, but before she could even finish, she hears Soojung stomping angrily to the door.

 

“Hey ba- Oh, Soojung!” Chanyeol’s eyes widen to see her girlfriend’s bestfriend. “I-I didn’t know you were here.”

 

“I knew it was you.” The girl replies. She would glare at him but she was too sleepy. “Go away before I kill you.”

 

“Wait! I need to talk to Jinri.” He says, putting his foot through the door so she wouldn't able close the door. “I’ve been texting her all night but she wouldn’t reply.”

 

“Of course. I broke her phone so she couldn’t talk to you.”

 

“Uhm, can I come in?”

 

“Are you crazy? No you can’t. She’s taking a shower. Go away.”

 

“It’s okay. She dresses up in the bathroom anyways-“

 

“What the did you say?” Soojung suddenly didn’t feel sleepy anymore. Did she hear it right? “How did you know that? Do you go here when she takes a bath?”

 

With his cheeks turning red, Chanyeol answers. “Uhm, y-yeah.”

 

“What a ing ert. Go to school! You’re late to your class!”

 

“No but seriously, I really need to say something to her!” He pleds, holding the door to prevent Soojung to close it entirely.

 

“Fine. Tell me what you want to say and then I’ll tell her.”

 

“Uhm…” Chanyeol scratches his head. “Please tell her goodmorning from me. And that I love her. And that I’m-“

 

Soojung rolls her eyes and closes the door.

 

 

 

It was starting to get colder in Seoul, and Soojung didn’t know if she should wear one of her summer clothes or just bundle up. She was going back to Los Angeles again, but this time it was her last time in the city. She would usually get excited to go back, but she had wished this day had never come knowing that she would be saying goodbye to her friends, and to her boyfriend. In the end, she just wore a red plaid shirt and a pair of black leggings.

 

She was shocked to see Jongin leaning on the wall opposite her bedroom when she opened her door, looking like a protagonist from a manga. He was wearing a black coat, with a white polo and black jeans.

 

“Yo.” He greets her, flipping his bangs.

 

“What the are you doing here?” Her eyebrows rose as she judged what he was wearing. “You do know it’s hot in LA, right?”

 

“Oh, are you referring to this coat?” He says, quickly removing it. “This is actually your father’s. I saw it downstairs so I borrowed it from the maid. Thought that I would look cool if I wore it. Did I look cool?”

 

Soojung shakes her head. “Not at all.”

 

“Wrong answer.” Jongin flicked her forehead at her response, only to be punched by the girl. “Anyways, are you ready to go back to Los Angeles?”

 

“Actually, I’ve been thinking a lot on what to say to my friends. To Derek. But I don’t think it will work properly. In the end they mi-“

 

“Wifey. Why are you worrying so much about what your friends or your boyfriend say?” He covers with his hand to refrain her from speaking. “If they don’t want to be friend with you anymore, you still have friends here! And if your boyfriend hurts you and makes you cry, I still stand on my words, I’ll kill him! ‘Cause I’m the one who could make you cry.”

 

Soojung bites her lip to prevent herself from laughing, but she couldn’t help it. She burst out laughing and he laughs along. She didn’t really want him to come along with her at first, but having him as company doesn’t seem so bad after all.

 

 

It was actually Jongin’s first time not using a private plane, and sitting in the economy class. He was the one who chose the plane and their seats, hoping Soojung would get pissed at him but she was really fine about it as she was already used to it. Ever since she started to live in Los Angeles, she has been sitting in the economy class, saying it was better there.

 

Jongin doesn’t how Soojung could sleep easily in that seat. There was barely any space to even stretch but there she was, sleeping as if she was Sleeping Beauty. He glances at the sleeping couple at the seat in front of them, the girl’s head was on her boyfriend’s shoulder, and his head at the top her head. He decided to do the same with Soojung.

 

He carefully moves her head into his chest, sucessfully not waking her up. He then slowly leans into her head. He chuckles, knowing Soojung would get so mad if she woke up seeing them like this. He then took his phone to take selfies.

 

At the first selfie he took, he pretended like he was sleeping as well. At the next one, he made a peace sign. At the third selfie, he made a kissy face. He was about to take a picture when he notices the stewardess looking at them and giggling. He quickly hid his phone in embarassment.

 

“You guys look so cute.” She smiles. “Your girlfriend must be so happy to have you.”

 

“Oh this girl? She’s not my girlfriend.” Jongin says. “She’s my wife.”

 

author's note: okay i lied this is really the last chapter for now. i really like to see the comments so i decided to update hehehe. i did this very quick so i'm sorry for the grammar and spelling errors. please pray for me bc of school i haven't done any of my homeworks and i'm going to die :-))