Chapter Eight

I Hate You Not

CHAPTER EIGHT

 

“Should I beat him up?” Jongin asks after Soojung tells him everything about her break up.

 

He was laying at the bed, beside him was Soojung who was hugging a pillow. She was calmer now, thanks to him, but Jongin could still see the sadness in her eyes.

 

“It’s not his fault.” She sniffs.  “I lied to him. Of course he would get mad at me.”

 

It was actually the first time, and possibly the last, Derek got mad at her. Sure they would fight about little things. They were a young couple after all. That was normal. This time, it was a lot worse from his silly tantrums. He shouted at her and she had to admit, it made her frightened. Whenever they fight, he was always the first one who would apologize, even though Soojung made the mistake. But hours have passed, and there were neither calls nor messages from him.

 

And it makes her wonder if he really did love her.

 

“Just give him time. He’s probably very shock right now.” Jongin says, trying to cheer her up. “If we dated, and you suddenly told me that you’re engaged with somebody else and that you’re an heir, I'd be surprised too."

 

Jongin wasn’t really used to see Soojung cry because of other people. He hated seeing her like this, knowing that somebody else hurt her. When they were younger, he made her cry all the time. Even the other kids knew that whenever she cries, it was always his fault.

 

“So you’re really in love with him, huh?”

 

She chuckles. “You’ve seen me making out with him. I talk about him all the time. Is it really unbelievable that I can fall in love?”

 

“I really thought you were pretending about this whole boyfriend thing.”

 

“Why would I pretend?”

 

“I dunno,” He stands up from his seat and shurgs. “To make me jealous?”

 

“What’s the point of making you jealous?” She fakes laughs. “You don’t even like me. Or do you?”

 

The boy didn’t reply as his mind was thinking about something else. He wondered what he should with this girl. She was obviously still in pain. Their flight back home was tomorrow and he knew that she’d try her best to act like she was happy and okay in front of her parents.

 

“Hey, answer me.” She punches his shoulder to grab his attention.

 

“Our flight is tomorrow.” He simply says, ignoring her question once again.

 

“Oh yeah!” Soojung says, as if she has forgetten about it. She then grabs his wrist and leads him to the door. “You look so tired. Go sleep!”

 

“But I’m not slee-“

 

“Goodnight, Jongin!” She says in a fake cheerful voice that she uses when she’s with her family. She then slams the door.

 

He could only sigh. He knew that she only want to cry again, but this time alone. “Goodnight, Soojung…”

 

​​

She saw Derek in her sleep that night. She dreamt that they were holding hands, that he was kissing her, that he held her so gently that it felt so real. She didn’t really want to wake up. But she did. And she woke up that same way she slept – hugging her pillow with her eyes filled with tears.

 

Her head was aching and she felt very numb. She was confused at first, and then she remember that she had broken up with him. That was her very first heartache from her first love.

 

That very moment, she heard her phone ring. She reached for it from the night table beside her bed, hoping that it was him. She was bit disappointed to find out that it wasn’t him, but still couldn’t help but to smile a little as she read the messages her friends sent her. The messages were fulled of “I love you”, “We will miss you” and “Don’t forget about me, okay?” with matching crying emojis. She was debating whether she should ask them about Derek, when she remembered that she’s supposed to be on a plane right now.

 

She hurriedly goes out of her room to search for Jongin. She doesn’t know if she should kill him for not waking her up, or thank him for letting her sleep three more hours. She doubts he was even still there. She knew that he was capable of leaving her, but she stand corrected when she reached the kitchen.

 

“Hey!”

 

Jongin was startled when she suddenly screamed. He was about to take a bite on a slice of pizza that he ordered, but drops it. He turns around to see Soojung with puffy eyes, wearing an oversized t-shirt. Her hair was a mess and she had no make up on. Jongin wondered how she could manage to look that angelic when she has just woke up.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up? We just missed our flight!” She exclaims.

 

“Chill, Jung.” He turns back to his pizza to eat. “I already have it under control. Now go back to sleep. I promise I’ll leave you a few slices of this pizza.”

 

She shook her head. “I don’t need to go back to sleep. I’m awake now.”

 

“You didn’t sleep when I left.” The guy says, munching his pizza. “I heard you crying.” He wanted to go back to her room, but she already kicked him out so he didn’t.

 

Soojung bites her lip, feeling a bit embarrased. She pushed him away last night thinking that he wasn’t really interested in what she was saying. Besides, she was already grateful that he hugged her even though he probably didn’t want to do that. She didn’t want to bother him even more.

 

“Fine. But please, do wake me up this time.”

 

 

“Au revoir!”

 

Soojung doesn’t know if she’s imagining things now. She swears all the stewardess on the plane spoke in French. She has her shades on, since her eyes were still a bit puffy, but she noticed that all of them aren’t even Korean or Asian. Not that she has problem with that, it’s just kinda weird that she’s going to Seoul with no Korean cabin crew. And now when she got off the plane with Jongin, the stewardess just bid goodbye in French.

 

“Hey, wait for me here. I’ll just go to the restroom.” Jongin grabs Soojung’s hoodie as she kept on walking. She seemed off today. He had tried to make her laugh but she just fake smiled, much to Jongin’s annoyance.  

 

The girl sits down at Jongin’s black luggage as she waits patiently for him to come back. She spent the time waiting looking at her surroundings and noticed that there weren’t any single Korean around. Of course she was happy her country’s getting a lot of visitors from different countries but this was getting strange.

 

She looks up to see a huge “Bienvenue” sign and wondered if she was in Canada. But no, she was sure she had been sitting on that plane for more than 10 hours.

 

“, did he bring m-“

 

“Let’s go.” She hears Jongin say. He then shakes her off his luggage. “Come on, stand up.”

 

With her eyebrows furrowed, she looks at him. “Jongin, are we in Paris?”

 

 

“I can’t believe you’re kidnapping me.”

 

“I’m not kidnapping you!”

 

“Can I go home then?”

 

“No, you can’t.”

 

Jongin sighed for the nth time. He tried his best not to shout at her, nor insult her, not today that she’s very heartbroken. The boy has thought about passing by Paris last night, seeing how devastated his fiance was. He has always heard Jinri whine about going to Paris to Chanyeol every time, so he decided to bring Soojung there, hoping that she’d cheer up.

 

“Why are we even here?” Soojung looks at the window and admired the brown leaves falling down from the trees. “It’s autumn already.”

 

“Well, I don’t want you to look all ty when we get home. And you’re obviously not okay.” He answers. “So I thought I’d cheer you up.”

 

“I do not look ‘ty’ and I’m perfectly fine, Jongin.” She says blankly. She wasn’t even in the mood to fight him back.

 

“You rode a plane without even knowing where you’re going. You walked around the airport like a zombie.” Jongin looks at her as if he was judging her. “And you say you’re fine?”

 

“Whatever.” He hears her mumble. At that very moment, the cab they were ridding on stops infront of a luxurious hotel.

 

 

With a stunning view of Paris and a room slightly big as her bedroom, she expected to feel happy, but for some reason she just couldn’t stop thinking about Derek. She wondered what he was doing right now, if he was doing well or if he’s eating properly. She has been holding her phone, thinking if she should call him or not…

 

Her thoughts were ruined when somebody suddenly knocked on her door. She opened the door and saw Jongin, looking all dressed up. She sighs and motions him to go inside.

 

“Ready to go out?”  Jongin follows her inside.

 

“I don’t feel like going out.” Soojung says, slumping down on the bed.

 

“Wifey, you’re in Paris. Go out and have fun.” The boy says, taking a seat beside her. “We could go shopping. Girls like to shop, right? I will even carry your shopping bags if you want. And for your information, shopping is the least thing I want to do so it’s like torturing me.”

 

“Stop being so nice to me. I might actually fall in love with you.” Soojung chuckles. “Is this a plan of yours? Make me fall in love with you and then break my heart?”

 

“Where did you get that absurd idea?” He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Well, you’re capable of doing anything to me…”

 

Jongin just shakes his head. “There are two things, no three things. I can’t do three things to you even though I’m a big .”

 

“Which are?” She asks, sounding a bit curious.

 

“I will never leave you when you’re down. I have to make you happy because I can’t annoy you. Second…” He paused to think. “I won’t break your heart. Well, you won’t probably fall in love me anyways.”

 

Soojung nods. “And the third?”

 

“Uhm… I will never violate you.” He says, making her sit properly as she was laying comfortably on the bed like she wasn’t with a guy. “Chill, I said I won’t do it. I don’t even want to sleep with you. I bet you’re not even a good kisser.” Jongin mentally slaps himself. He had tried not to offend her but then he just insulted her.

 

“Excuse me?” Soojung pointed at herself. “Are you calling me a bad kisser, you jerk?”

 

Jongin laughs silently as he noticed she was back to her old self. If he only knew that telling that she wasn’t good at kissing would make the old Soojung back, he should have done that earlier.

 

“I’m going to give you Derek’s number. Go ask him and he’ll tell you how good I am!”

 

“Really?” Her fiance asks in a mocking tone. “Kiss me then. Let’s see who the better kisser is.”

 

Soojung rolls her eyes in annoyance. “Get the out.” She then pushes him out of her room but he sticks his foot before she could even close the door.

 

“I’ll wait for you at the lobby in 5 minutes, alright?” He smiles.

 

“Make that 10 minutes.”

 

author's note: sorry for not updating last week! blame school for that. anyways i have so many things to say:

first, i wanna thank frenchsha aka ate krisha for the lovely poster and background. isn't it just so cute? i literally spazz whenever i see it xD

 

second, i just re-read this story last night and i realized that i have a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes and i apologize for that. this chapter has probably have a lot too.

 

third, once jongin and soojung are back in  korea, there will be new characters.

 

and lastly, i was at school when i saw that i had 100+ subs that i screamed and my friends thought that i was going crazy. thank you guys so much for subscribing! i love you all TT__TT