Chapter Four

I Hate You Not

 

CHAPTER FOUR

 

With a big fake smile, Soojung looks at Jongin who was rubbing his bum because he fell down from the sofa. She shivers recalling what he just called her moments ago.

 

“Please, don’t call me ‘wifey’.”

 

“Oh come on, don’t be so polite! You’ve punched me, I saw you making out with your boyfriend. I know the real you.” He says, sitting down at the sofa, this time properly. “Sit down.”

 

“That’s not me, I tell you.” She says, sitting down at the sofa in front of his seat. “There are a lot of Asian girls in Los Angeles, you know. I’m not the only one. You must have confused me with someone else.”

 

“My friends also knew it was you. Even Luhan hyung got pissed.” He says, “You even got mad when I insulted your boyfriend when we talked in the Sushi Bar.”

 

“Oh god, please help me not to kill guy.” Soojung bites her lips, trying to contain herself. Jongin notices this so he starts to insult poor Derek once again, just so Soojung could admit to him her real self.

 

“Soojung, no.”

 

“Don’t listen to this jerk.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“God damn it, ! I swear if you say anything about Derek I’m going to ing kick your !” Soojung quickly covered after her outburst. Jongin stared at her, his jaw dropped. As soon as he got back into reality, he burst out laughing.

 

“I got you, Jung.” He rolls around the sofa, laughing. “Damn, you cursing is like… It’s like music to my ears. I should have recorded that!”

 

“I ing hate you so much.” She glares at him as she threw a pillow to him. Soojung rolls her eyes as she waits not so patiently for Jongin to calm down. "Can you stop?"

 

“By the way, why are you here?” He asks, wiping the tear on his eye. “I should have asked that earlier though.”

 

“I’m here to ask you a favor.” Soojung never thought of saying those words to Kim Jongin. She swears she almost vomited. “I need your help to cancel the engagement. I mean, both of us hate each other. So why don’t we help eac-“

 

“There’s no way I will help you, Soojung-ah.”

 

“What do you mean?” She frowned. “Ew, do you like me or something?”

 

“Don’t get so cocky, my dear wifey.” He laughs. “See this penthouse?”

 

Soojung looks around the apartment. It was huge and very modern. It also had an amazing view of Seoul’s skyline. She got a bit jealous knowing that Jongin lives there.

 

“Yeah. What about it?”

 

“My parents gave this to me when I finally agreed to marry you. And besides, if we do get married…” He smiles evily at her. “I get to-“

 

Before he could even finish his sentence, Soojung throws another pillow at his face.

 

“You ert!”

 

“Chill, I was going to say tease you!” He chuckles as he shakes in head. “You’re the erted one.”

 

Soojung scoffs. “If you wont help me, then I’m waisting my time here. I’ll just leave.” She says, standing up. Before she leaves, she throws another pillow, hitting him directly in his face. “Bye~”

 

“Hey, give me the key back! Where did you even get that?” He grabs one of the pillows she threw at him and throws it to her but was flawlessly ducked by Soojung.

 

“Secret.” She winks before closing the door.

 

Picking up the pillows she threw at him and putting them back to the sofa, he smiles because of her sudden visit. He would run after her so he could get back the key, but he rather not to. After all, she’s welcome to his apartment anytime.

 

 

Jongin sighs as he glances at his parents who were fighting for the nth beside him. They were waiting for the Jungs to come as they had invited them for dinner to discuss the wedding plans in a 5-star restaurant. He has been sitting there for 20 minutes now but no, the other family wasn’t late. He was just told to come early.

 

He finally spots a familiar brunette entering the restaurant. She wore a blue collared dress with matching black bow headband. Jongin chuckled at what she was wearing. She was cute, that he couldn’t argue, but the Soojung now is just so different from the girl from the party. Soojung notices Jongin laughing at her so she stops to glare at him, but quickly smiled when his parents saw her.

 

“Oh, Soojung!” Mrs. Kim stands up to hug. “Where are your parents?”

 

“They’re still on a meeting, but they’ll be here soon.” She smiles as she bows and shake hands with Mr. Kim, and when it was Jongin’s turn to shake her hand, he pressed her hand harder.

 

“Do you remember our son, Jongin?” Mr. Kim asks.

 

“Of course," She answers, bowing a bit to him, pretending to respect him. "I would never forget Jonginnie."

 

They sat down and started to chat. Jongin was amazed as he watched his fiancee answer his parents’ questions about her life in Los Angeles comfortably as if she’s not lying. Soojung was already used to this. She goes home to Seoul when she has the time and she always get bombarded with questions by her parents.

 

While Mr. and Mrs. Kim keep on asking about her life, Soojung just couldn’t stop telling them about Harvard. Her smile is so big that it seems like she’s not lying anymore.

 

“I guess she’s really excited to go to Harvard.” Jongin thought.

 

After a few minutes later, Mr. and Mrs. Jung finally arrive. They started to eat comfortably. Even Soojung, who didn’t want to come there at first, was happily enjoying the food they ordered. Until her mother suggested something she didn't expect.

 

“Love, why don’t you stay here in Seoul?”

 

Soojung almost drops her fork.

 

“That’s a great idea!” Jongin’s mother agrees. “You and Jongin could get to know each other more if you stay.”

 

She looks at Jongin who was as equally surprised as her. “But mother, what about Los Angeles? My friends? My school? And Harvard?”

 

“There are a lot of good universities here too, honey.” Her father says. “And about your friends… You’re going back there next week right? Tell them then.”

 

Ever since she was young, she had followed everything her parents her to do even if she didn’t want to do it. This command was too much for her. But she had no choice but to follow them once again.

 

“A-alright.” She fakes smiles.

 

“Would you allow me to accompany your daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Jung?” Jongin suddenly asks, grabbing everybody’s attention. “I think Soojung-ah would be so heartbroken after she bids goodbye to her friends. I’d like to look after her.”

 

Both of the parents exchanged looks with a delight expression on their faces.

 

“Sure, you can.”

 

Jongin looks at Soojung who was sitting in front of him. She was smiling, but suddenly murmured, “I’m going to kill you later.”

 

 

Their lunch has finished and they’re about to leave. Soojung excuses herself to go to the bathroom and tell her parents to go ahead without her as she was going to visit Jinri after. As soon as she left, Jongin suddenly feels his phone vibrate from his pocket. It was a text from Soojung. He glances at the girls’ bathroom but he didn’t saw her.

 

Stupid, don’t leave yet. I need to talk to you.

 

“Let’s go, Jongin.” He hears his father call.

 

“Actually, uhm… I want to… To eat some cake. Yeah. I’ll just… be right there.” He says, pointing at the table. “Go ahead without me.”

 

His parents looked at him suspiciously, but decided to let him go. “Alright, then. We’ll see you soon.”

 

“Yeah, goodbye.” He smiles as he waves them goodbye. “What does this girl want now.”

 

 

“Why did you do that? I can go to LA alone.”

 

Jongin looks up to see Soojung, frowning. He also noticed that she had removed the black bow headband she was wearing a while ago. While waiting for her, he ordered a plate of the restaurant’s chiffon cake.

 

“You took a while. Do you want some?” He offers, handing his fork so she could eat.

 

“No, thank you.” She declines. “Stop playing and answer me, Kim Jongin.”

 

“I’m not playing with you. I just want to go back to LA!” He says, trying to convince her but she just raises her eyebrow.

 

“You just want to see me suffer after I break up with Derek, don’t you?”

 

“Ah, you know me so well.” He laughs. “Don’t you worry, if ‘blondie’ really loves you, he would understand, but if he says something about it and hurts you, then I'll kill him.”

 

Jongin just laughed, expecting her to insult him back, but the girl just stayed quiet.

 

“Hey, are you alri-“

 

“The thing is,” Soojung says, looking at Jongin’s eyes. “I lied to him too.”

 

author's note: i hope y'all liking this story so far 'cause i really enjoy writing it. c: