Ch.9 - It's just not fair

Seven Possibilities (Revised and Edited)

After 15 minutes Suga and Mark arrived and thankfully they brought J-Hope and Taeil so that I didn’t have to be alone while Junhyung was with them explaining everything to them properly. They sat either side of me and began to talk to me about anything they could think of to keep my mind away from the darkness. After another 10 minutes the 3 of them entered but U-Kwon was also there.

 

“U-Kwon? What are you doing here?” I asked confused. I really didn’t know why he would be here. Then I realised that he is probably here with Taeil as they were dating.

 

“I … Ermm … I lied. We did sleep together that night. I could be the father” U-Kwon answers awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Why would you lie?” I asked him. We were good friends so I saw no reason for him to have lied. Junhyung on the other hand had never liked U-Kwon and I’m sure this was really making him mad.

 

If the entire situation wasn’t already bad enough then it turns out I could’ve gotten pregnant by my brothers boyfriend. I looked to Taeil who had come to my side and he just grabbed my hand to tell me that he was coping with the fact that his boyfriend could’ve got his sister pregnant. He was coping but he eyes still looked sad.

 

“Yeah, I panicked” U-Kwon said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. “I didn’t want Taeil to find out and then your brothers to kill me so I lied about it. I have regretted it ever since though because I knew that if the baby did turn out to be mine that I would be sad that I wasn’t part of its life. Me and Taeil talked it trough in the car on the way here and we are gonna go slow but he says he thinks that we can get through this”

 

Junhyung made his way over to sit on the edge of my bed, blatantly ignoring U-Kwon‘s heartfelt confession.

 

“The doctor will be back in a few minutes” Junhyung told me while my hair. We all waited quietly before my doctor entered the room holding a clipboard.

 

“Sooyoung, you were carrying a girl and a boy. You lost the baby girl, but your son is still strong and healthy” the doctor said. That means myself and one of these men have lost a beautiful baby girl. All of the possible fathers looked sad at the thought of possibly losing their child. I looked at Junhyung. He was hiding his emotions, he was probably trying to make me feel better. I knew from the beginning that he really wanted the baby to be his. I knew that Junhyung, Mark and Suga, and now U-Kwon were all ready and willing to be a father. That one of them was now having this opportunity taken away from them to love one of their children was devastating.

 

“I’m sorry for your loss. If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask me. I’m going to begin the paper work to have Sooyoung discharged now and she should be free to go this evening. Sorry again” and then the doctor left.

 

I had lost a child and at this point, all of the others had to feel as if they had too until they knew if they were the father or not. We would never get to see her, touch her or watch her grow up. But I had another baby that I could do these things with. Of course the other baby could ever replace the loss of this baby girl but he will help to take my mind off of it.

 

I buried myself in Junhyung’s shoulder while he rubbed my back. The other guys then took it in turns to comfort each other and then eventually everyone apart from myself and Junhyung had left the room.

 

Later on that day I was told that I would have to rest for a while but that I was otherwise okay and free to go home. They discharged me and we left. It had been a very sad day and I think we all just wanted to try to sleep it off, I know I did.