Ch.4 - This cannot be happening

Seven Possibilities (Revised and Edited)

Junhyung and I had been officially together for nearly a month. To be honest, the only thing that was any different from before was the intimacy, other than that we were the same as before. We still spent as much time together as possible but that was hard at the minute as all 7 of our groups had just launched new albums and the actors all had dramas or movies coming out soon so we all had lots of promotions to do.

 

Girls Generation were performing on a show and we were all waiting to go onstage. We still had a few minutes before it was our turn. I was feeling ill, I had all day. Well, I hadn’t felt right for a few days actually. But it wasn’t too bad so I was able to cope and continue on with my schedules. I didn’t want to let the rest of my members down.

 

“Are you okay Sooyoung? You look a little pale?” my sister Sunny asked while fretting over me. “I knew I should have made you stay home. You’ve not been right for a few days” Yuri and Taeyeon came over and agreed with her.

 

“Honestly Sunny, I’m fine. Believe me” I insisted and before any of them could argue our manager announce that it was time for us to take to the stage and perform.

 

We got on stage and I managed to get through both of our songs. Now I really did feel terrible. I was dizzy and felt really weak and like I was going to throw up. We were all bowing before leaving the stage. I leant down in a bow but couldn’t find the strength to bring myself back up. I collapsed and fell to the ground. All I remember is shouting and a blur before I out.

 

I woke up in a hospital bed feeling weak but better. I no longer felt dizzy or sick. I looked down to see Junhyung sat next to the bed with the top half of his body laid across my stomach. I reached down and his hair for a while and then Kangin came in. He smiled as he crossed the room to my bed and sat on the free side my hair.

 

“You finally woke up Sooyoung. Thank goodness. Even though the doctor said that you were fine and just exhausted we were worried that you slept for so long” Kangin admitted to me and then he looked at Junhyung. “He must have only just fallen asleep before you woke up. He refused to go to sleep until he knew that you were okay and had woken up”

 

“That’s silly, if the doctor said that I was fine you all shouldn’t have worried” I said looking at my brother and then to my boyfriend. “He shouldn’t have done that, now he will be exhausted”

 

“It took you a long time to wake up. He couldn’t help but be worried, everyone was ... well is, they don’t know that you’re awake yet. He was the one who spoke with the doctor. The doctor wanted to just give the details to one person so we said he could go. Even though he spoke to the doctor that gave you the all clear he was still worried. It’s because he really loves you. A lot” Kangin explained to me.

 

“Thanks Kangin. Don’t you want to go tell the others that i’m awake?” I said with a blush, trying to change the subject. Talking to my eldest brother about my boyfriend was very weird and embarrassing. He laughed at me and ruffled my hair. He obviously understood why I changed the subject.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m just saying though, he’s a keeper. You know I wouldn’t trust you with just anyone, but I do trust him. I’ll go down and tell the others” Kangin said while getting up of my bed and making his way to my door.

 

“Kangin?” I asked and he looked back at me. “Can you tell them to wait a while before they come up please? I don’t want them to wake up Junhyung” Kangin smiled and nodded in agreement and then left. 

 

 About half an hour later Junhyung stirred and looked up at me while rubbing his eyes. It seemed to take him a while to realise that I was looking back at him. But then he gave a huge sigh of relief and smiled at me.

 

“Did you have a good sleep beautiful?” he asked and then obviously remembered why I was asleep in the first place because he fired a million questions at me. “Do you feel okay? Are you dizzy? Do you need anything? A glass of water? Do you want your brothers and sister? Do you ...” I leant forward and kissed him to cut him off. When I pulled back I noticed that he had tears forming in his eyes.

 

“Don’t ever let yourself get like that again. You scared the hell out of me you know? All the way to the hospital I had no idea what was going on – if you were okay, if I would ever hear your voice again, if I would ever get to see your smile” I brushed the tears away from his cheek and held his face in my hands. After a few moments he had calmed down.

 

“I will never, ever leave you. Do you understand me Junhyung? Never. You are mine and I am yours. I love you and that will never change” I reassure him and he nods.

 

“I love you too Sooyoung” He replies. We kiss and then stay quiet for a few moments while Junhyung moves around to sit beside me on the bed. He pulls me in close to his side and then sighs.

 

“There is something that we need to talk about though, isn’t there?” he asks me. Now I was confused. I had told him everything, there was nothing left for us to discuss about that situation. I was sure of it.

 

“I don’t know what you mean? I told you everything about that night, I promise” I said truthfully. He stared into my eyes a little longer and then sighed again while looking a little surprise.

 

“You really don’t know do you?” he says and I shake my head. “I’m talking about the baby. You’re 3 and a half months pregnant” he says while moving his hand down to rest on my stomach. Now I was confused and shocked. I guess it did make sense with the dizziness, feeling sick and weak. But really, pregnant?

 

“What? Really?” I asked him for confirmation while my hand automatically moved to my stomach too. He smiled and nodded at me while intertwining our hands on my stomach.

I smiled too. I had always wanted to be a mum and I couldn’t think of anyone else to be my child’s father than Junhyung and he looked happy about the circumstance. Yes, it would be hard with us both being in groups but we would manage. I know that we weren’t married but did that really matter? We would get married later on anyway, we had already talked about it. I don’t think a few of my brothers would take the news well but we would just have to deal with that. Then I realised something.  

 

“How far along did you say I am?” I asked Junhyung, not really wanting to know the answer. Junhyung’s smile suddenly faltered and he looked away from me for a few moments to take a deep breath. When he turned back he was smiling again but it was definitely forced.

 

“3 and a half months” he answered with forced enthusiasm.

 

“But that means that ...” I tried to say but couldn’t finish before I broke down into tears. I buried my face into Junhyung’s chest. That meant that it might not be Junhyung’s baby. That meant that I may be carrying another idols baby. Being unmarried was a bad situation but one that I could cope with. Being unmarried and the father not even being my boyfriend, that was a disaster.

 

“Shhh, shhh. I know. We can get through this Sooyoung” Junhyung tried to reassure me while my hair and hugging me close. “I love you and I love the baby, even if it isn’t mine. Nothing can separate us, I promise. There is a 1 in 7 chance the baby is mine. If it isn’t I promise you that I will love it as my own. If the other guy wants to be part of its life that’s fine, it just means that our baby will have 2 fathers. Okay? I’m always going to be here”

 

“Thank you. I really don’t deserve you at all though” I said honestly, still buried in his chest.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. I love you and nothing will change that, ever” he insisted and I nodded. “We do need to tell the other possible fathers though”

 

“Okay” I agreed. That was definitely not going to be enjoyable.